Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

PumpCS.com opens, official site of US tournament announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG this is some bull crap...

My G-Pa was supposed to order my tickets to NC, but he didn't. And now, he's saying he doesn't want to go anymore because the tickets are about $560 a piece. So, if I want to go, I have to save up $560 by Wednesday. Any suggestions?

I love that question.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell your body.
Go out on the street at night on the corners

[quote:1c5522fd59="^____^;"]

Anti-perspirant and a good diet could cost how many millions of dollars? While a simple black T-shirt costs me $3 at Walgreens.
You do the math.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously considering it. This tourney is soooo important to me...

I love that question.
Arturo
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, DDR, such rotten luck! Yeah, airline tickets go way up for last-minute purchases USUALLY (but not always, if you're lucky).

Where are you coming from?

Check at http://quickfares.bestfares.com/quickfare/qfsearch.jsp?LeftNav=quickfares to see if you can find a better fare (you prob. can). Use the Quick Fare Finder on the left, not the American Airlines ad at the top of the screen, btw. Don't forget to check the alternate airports as well. I'm actually flying into Atlanta for much cheaper, and driving 5 hours the rest of the way (partly because I have some business in Atlanta also, but I'll still save money -- even with gas prices -- this way, since I'm gonna rent a car regardless). Once you enter your cities, on the next page at the bottom of your screen, you'll see alternate airport suggestions, where those fares might be cheaper. Figure in your gas from those cities to Charlotte (map the trip), and see if that works out cheaper or not, assuming you'll want a rental car regardless. Just pay attention to the restrictions of each flight, to see if it would work (some only apply to travel on certain days of the week, and/or require a certain number of days purchase in advance, etc.).

Also check that site's Bonus Last Minute Fares/Snooze You Lose Fares as well, as the airlines will release seats sometimes there for really cheap, if they're desperate for flyers on a particular flight. You might get lucky. I've used this site myself and have been impressed. It's not some shady internet site. Tom Parsons (the founder) has been the discount airfare guru for a number of years now. Sort of a pioneer in this field.

Also try www.bookingbuddy.com, which is a nice tool to let you search all the major internet discounters from one spot. And keep checking back every day, if you find nothing suitable right away. Airlines are always shifting their seat inventories, and might release cheap seats for sale at any moment. Most of the majors release weekly discount seats on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but other days are also possible.

Just because you don't find a good price, doesn't mean you won't tomorrow. You can get lucky sometimes. But if you see a good one, you might consider acting fast, as those seats may sell out quickly.

Also, you might consider Greyhound, which has a good site for booking -- http://www.greyhound.com/home.asp . Their prices might be more acceptable for you, if you don't mind a long bus ride (you can sleep, if you bring earplugs/headphones to tune out others).

Or even the train, Amtrak, might be possible.

Take a look at your options. You might be able to work things out. Good luck!
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be coming from Albuquerque, New Mexico. As of now, i'm no longer going. Unless I can get some support or something with this theres no way. Everyone "above" me says it's rediculous that I want to fly across the nation to play a video game. I think they are stupid. As of now, it's looking like around $1600-$1800 total to be there and eat, and rent a car. They won't let me take the bus. Sooo, I don't know what to do.

I love that question.
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_KiD_1 wrote:
I'd be coming from Albuquerque, New Mexico. As of now, i'm no longer going. Unless I can get some support or something with this theres no way. Everyone "above" me says it's rediculous that I want to fly across the nation to play a video game. I think they are stupid. As of now, it's looking like around $1600-$1800 total to be there and eat, and rent a car. They won't let me take the bus. Sooo, I don't know what to do.

Smack those kids in the face, and tell them two words, "Counter-Strike"
CPL, ACON, GGL @ DLC in NYC, w/ many other events where you can win over $10,000 for your team of 5 people.
They actually pay people to play w/ them, in the top clans though. Teams sponsored by video cards and various companys.
Biggest COMPUTER GAME in the world.

:]

Anti-perspirant and a good diet could cost how many millions of dollars? While a simple black T-shirt costs me $3 at Walgreens.
You do the math.[/quote]
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried, it didn't work.

I love that question.
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok new idea, even though it's a longshot.

What if I stuck my freestyle video and entry fee to the tourney in a envelope, and overnighted it to the tourney. Do you think they'd judge me and place me? (If I were to place)

shocked.gif

I love that question.
Arturo
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that wouldn't work. You'd have a practically infinite number of runs through your song, to get it "just perfect." But, everyone at the tourney would only have one shot at it, so that'd hardly be fair. Mistakes are a factor during a live tourney. Plus the pressure is much greater actually performing AT the tourney.

But, I'm sure you already realize this.

I don't suppose they'll (parents) let you ride a bus, even if you check in with them via cellphone all the time? Even so, I guess there's the issue of how you'd acquire a place to stay.
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I knew the doing it a bunch of times thing would come up, even if I could get away to prove I only did it once. And nope, they won't let me ride a bus unfortunately. Main reason: Miss two days of school.

I love that question.
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say... E19.gif I went to Travelocity and it like completely ignores the airport in Concord... how much am I looking at for a plane ticket there? Keep in mind I would have to leave Friday evening and uh leave like sometime Saturday... haha... because damnit! I am not getting a hotel... fly in for tourny and fly out riiight.gif So yeah... I like in Grand Rapids, MI.... if it turns out that it would require more time than that then uh I guess I'll just play in next years tournament...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing I'm only 3 hours away from this.
lol riiight.gif

Only reason I'm going. (Don't even play Pump It Up)

I don't think I ever got plane tickets or anything like that for any kind of event farther then 3 hours away.

You do the math.[/quote]
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Airport in Concord. The nearest airport is in Charlotte. But, Charlotte is right by Concord, so no worries, just rent a car.

I love that question.
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll call incase I'm running late.

But I'm hoping it won't be to much of problem seeing how freestyle doesn't start after all the other events.

Buncha family memebers getting ready happy.gif;;

You do the math.[/quote]
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Everyone!!! Wish I was there.......

Instead i'll be out of town running a 3-Mile Race for Cross Country. Yay.....

I love that question.
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, I was the most comfortable I have ever been performing at a Tourney today. biggrin.gif

SonGohan for teh w1n, you sure as hell called that one =b

Crazy, Crazy stuff XP

Freestyle was close, lotta good, GOOD, competition.
You guys must practice lot with all those hand stands n crap on the machine. Probably what I should do next time riiight.gif First time stepping on a pUmp Machine in over a year, not to bad.

Slick stuff though.
Different then what I see on DDR. Different is always good. :]

You do the math.[/quote]
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vids?
If at all.
When? Where?

E1.gif

You do the math.[/quote]
Arturo
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Mode was won by redviper (South Carolina), and Jason Dredd (Kentucky) took 2nd place. So, they both go to the 2005 World Pump Festival in Korea, to represent the U.S. there!!

Freestyle was very close, once again, with only 4 points separating the top three players. First place was won by smidget (North Carolina), followed by BruceLeroy (California) in second. Both of them also win free trips to Korea to compete at WPF!!

Congratulations to them!

(I don't know who exactly won the Hard Mode tournament, as I don't have the records myself, and it's currently the middle of the night here)

cx -- I really loved your freestyle, and fyi, you finished in 4th place. The Freestyle competition was closely contested, with several really excellent routines.
CPU
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats everyone, as I am sorry for not making it. RedViper I can see that you haven gotten better, Smidget keep up the good work. Remember the Shelby Pump Crew will rise again. laugh.gif
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to go but last minute plane tickets doesn't work out... and the fact that it was at 12PM kind of made me not interested... I usually play late in the afternoon... 5PM would be a time for me E13.gif

I would have entered for FS.... but I guess next year I'll enter... hopefully by then a location near here will have a newer mix so I can become one of those suppourters and get a tournament going like near here... haha
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: