Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

PumpCS.com opens, official site of US tournament announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: PumpCS.com opens, official site of US tournament announced Reply with quote

Arturo and Smidget have informed us that the official US site for the Pump It Up Championship Series has opened at long last. Furthermore, it has venue and address information for the PIU National Finals tournament to be held on September 24th, 2005, which will be held at Jillian's in Concord Mills in Concord, North Carolina. Good luck to all the participants!

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Apu
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet (^_^) Im totaly checking it out. thx for the heads-up.
burnfire88
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolsers imma try and go. hope i can find the place XD
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question. Do the winners at New Orleans and Dallas already get to go to WPF? Smidget won Freestyle in Dallas, Flow won in New Orleans, so do they get to go already? Or do they have to compete again in Concord to get the chance to go???

I love that question.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_KiD_1 wrote:
Quick question. Do the winners at New Orleans and Dallas already get to go to WPF? Smidget won Freestyle in Dallas, Flow won in New Orleans, so do they get to go already? Or do they have to compete again in Concord to get the chance to go???
Those were qualifiers. If you won there, you don't have to enter the qualifier in Concord. The Concord tournament is both a regional qualifier and the national championship.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....

Well that makes my day horrible. Hmmmmmm. I'll have to work on making my freestyle better, because I need to Qualify to make it in the actual tourney....

I went to pumpcs.com and it didn't say anything about qualifying, well unless I missed it. So when's the qualifier? I know freestyle division goes last for the actual tourney.

I love that question.
Smidget
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry about the rules not being up yet. We're working hard on finalizing them.

There will be some sort of qualifier but don't worry about Freestyle Division. There will not be any kind of qualifier for this because there are not seperate rounds or anything.

Most likely the top 2 or 3 winners from each division in the previous tournaments will not have to take part in the qualifier. This is still undecided but is most likely what will happen.

Little James
View users profile Send private message
munkybusinez
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i happen to live five mineutes from concord mills, so you can ask me questions about the area

there are plenty of hotels and restaurants around Concord Mills. The real attraction is the mall itself. IT IS HUGE!!!!

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Darkicarus
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awesome but i suck at PIU i just need my up,down,left,right you know?
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we sign up for two different divisions? Like Freestyle and Stepper? Haha, I know I have no chance in stepper, I can't do Winter without the bar on Crazy, nor Dignity (wouldn't that be something), but I figure for fun, right? In stepper, are you allowed to use the bar in qualifiers?

I love that question.
cj iwakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can enter both. As for the bar thing, I think only the final rounds are without bar(for CZ, I think NM is always bar use allowed).

I think we need to get a roll call thread going. My flight's booked to arrive around 9:59 AM. I just need a good idea about how close Jillian's is to there, assuming worse case scenario that I'll need a cab or something to get there. (I don't think it'll be a problem thanks to some cool people, but just in case.)
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, lucky you. I'm arriving at like 10:30 the night before.... Little amounts of sleep. Haha, i'll catch some on the plane. What airline are you using?

And the jillian's shouldn't be to terribly far away. Well, the airport is on the west side of Charlotte, and Concord is Northeast-ish of Charlotte, but not by far.

I love that question.
`CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can I enter Freestyle on singles?
And not be downgraded cause it "seems easier"

In DDR, people do doubles just cause there's more room.
That's all.

And about this power moves crap, that's kinda silly if they just focus on that stuff and not actual dancing when they grade people. erm.gif
If that's true of course.

If you had one kid facing the audience doing nothing but clean smooth hip hop moves about 90-95% of the song, then have another kid face the screen most of the time doing bar hops, hand stands, and small breaking moves. Which one do you think should win? with the crowd cheering for the 2nd guy more.
No answer like, oh, It depends on how they do.
1st guy or 2nd guy? An answer gives me more of a idea on how they're going to be juding this.

I'd have to say the 1st one though.

[quote:1c5522fd59="^____^;"]

Anti-perspirant and a good diet could cost how many millions of dollars? While a simple black T-shirt costs me $3 at Walgreens.
You do the math.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
.hack//*cough*
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: H-Town, TX, USA, Planet Earth, 3rd Rock from the Sun
13. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just went to http://www.piugame.com/usa/main.html. Andamiro has updated the site for the WPF, under the Support Menu. Specifically, they have a list for the Freestyle songs that are allowed at the tournament for that division. E7.gif

The song list is for songs from PREX 3 to EXCEED 2. Which means, the ultimate freestylers' song, Tashannie's Don't Bother Me, isn't on that list. Hope you freestylers have a good routine for Greenhorn, Dignity or the other songs. biggrin.gif

(My apologies if this has already been posted before.)

EDIT: Added some info about which mixes are being used.

"It's not God who created humans. It's humans who create God." - Cowboy Bebop Ep. 24 (Brain Scratch)
Atkins is dead. Long live exercise and dance games.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
cj iwakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's got to be some kind of mixup... I know at the other tournaments, there'd be revolts if those songs weren't allowed for freestyle. Especially in the other countries. They're all about the old school.

And Greenhorn's freestyle steps are too easy. E10.gif Dignity... that's the exact opposite. Unless someone used the normal chart or something.

On that freestyle question, I'd personally say the first guy. I'm sure tons of entries'll be doing the breaking and stuff; not watching the screen shows memorization went into preparing the routine, which is cool in my book. (So are hiphop moves, too.)
But fortunately, I'm not a judge.
Oh, and I'm using United Airlines.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone freaks out, this list will not be in place for the US Nationals for obvious reasons.

I would recommend however that anyone who thinks they might win to start practicing one of those songs.

EDITED* - and no CJ, there is no mixup.

Little James
cj iwakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I realized that after looking at the site. I think that's for the World Tournament only fortunately; it still seems kind of weird that they'd exclude the classics, though. Most of the new songs don't have the same kind of charts the older ones did. (In Melody's a good start, though.)
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, let me just ask it straight out so I know.

Can I go to this on the 24th, enter freestyle doing the song "Go" on Easy?

[quote:1c5522fd59="^____^;"]

Anti-perspirant and a good diet could cost how many millions of dollars? While a simple black T-shirt costs me $3 at Walgreens.
You do the math.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG wait. We can't freestyle Don't Bother Me at WPF? AH! Well, there goes my little bitty teenie weenie chance for going to WPF. Because that's my best freestyle. Oh boy. Definently got some work to do.....

I love that question.
Smidget
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cx3-CoCaZnInNoVaTiOn wrote:
Alright, let me just ask it straight out so I know.

Can I go to this on the 24th, enter freestyle doing the song "Go" on Easy?

I haven't been able to ask about they are doing in the WPF but Iwill tell you this:

Think of it this way (and I'll keep this straightforward since that's the answer you want) - Imagine you went to the WPF with an Easy song routine when the REST OF THE WORLD is using Freestyle routines. You would probably get laughed at. Most likely you'll be able to use that routine in the US National this year because there hasn't been anything stating otherwise so it would unfair to you because you have obviously been practicing it. I will let you know, the judges will be judging everyone with same scrutiny that judges at the WPF will be. All that to say, you can probably enter with a non-Freestyle song but you'd be starting off with the odds of you winning already being highly against you, even more so with an Easy song. It shows much less skill to freestyle to an Easy song. Even if you're routine is really rad, it has to be taken into heavy consideration that it is an Easy song.

If that seemed blunt sorry, but hopefully it answered your question.

Little James
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: