Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MyMyBox Blueshark GXG Pads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maki2sang
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine hasn't been shipped yet either.
Wonder when they are going to ship.

Has anyone even gotten notification of shipping yet?
View users profile Send private message
scandalous bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called today and they said that the pads will be arriving at their warehouse on Monday or Tuesday, then they will be sent to the packing and shipping facility, and then shipped out to us. I don't know if that is only the first shipment or all of them together though, he didn't make it that clear. I pre-ordered for the 2nd or 3rd shipment. Whatever the last shipment that cost 299 was. Hopefully since they are late, all the shipments are coming together. We should get a tracking number and shipping confirmation by mid-late next week though if the guy I talked to was correct.
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you saying that it is coming sometime next week?
scandalous bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyMyBox gets the pads from the manufacturer sometime in the next week. Then we get them as soon as MyMyBox packs and ships them out to us, which they did not give me a timeframe for.
Trick Member
Trick Member

84. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from mymybox on the blueshark page:

We apologize for inconvinience. Due to the Custom Inspection and Clearance, 2nd 3rd shipment will be postpone to Nov 29, 30. 4th shipment will be ship out on Dec 2. 2005. If you have any question, please email us info@mymybox.com or call us at 661-775-3830.
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info I will post again when my order ships
kyj197
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to build a blueshark style metal pad with my old metal pad.

does anyone has luck with arcade foot sensor yet?

I am still trying to find the solution and way to use these sensors. I know that this sensor works on pump it up arcade machine for sure.

I need to find a way to hold this sensor so that this sensor will not move.
Because of the panel weight, it is keep pressing the sensor.

I need help. E2.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
mouseish
Trick Member
Trick Member

87. PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a metal bracket that goes over the sensor but doesnt quite touch it. Adjust it so it touches the sensor then you push on it. Viola. Thats how the arcade does it more or less. The arcade machine doesnt have you hit the sensor itself, but actually has you hit a metal bracket that presses down on the sensor.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
kyj197
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouseish wrote:
Get a metal bracket that goes over the sensor but doesnt quite touch it. Adjust it so it touches the sensor then you push on it. Viola. Thats how the arcade does it more or less. The arcade machine doesnt have you hit the sensor itself, but actually has you hit a metal bracket that presses down on the sensor.

Thanks

do you have the picture of metal bracket? or more information about this metal bracket such as size ?
EdwardForrester
Basic Member
Basic Member

89. PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Okay Im Going To Ask The Question Reply with quote

Greetings,
I have lurked around here for a while, and when it comes to metal pads the two names I come up with are Red Octane and Cobalt Flux. So I ask the question, who is this comapany and what is there history. Also, everyone is going bonkers about arcade sensors on the new metal pad. Im going to ask the question what does it matter if a pad had arcade or there own set up. As long as the pad is fine tuned what would the differences be. Im not really talking exact electroncs (dont know jack about that stuff) but just curious besides the fact that you can use this upcoming pad with the arcade, what the hubbub is all about.

Forrester

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mouseish
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its for those that play ONLY on arcade as the sensors on the outside edges of each arrow side are very different than one in the middle as a traditional pad...and no, I dont have a pic of the bracket. google image search for inside a ddr pad, youll find one E1.gif
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay Im Going To Ask The Question Reply with quote

EdwardForrester wrote:
Greetings,
I have lurked around here for a while, and when it comes to metal pads the two names I come up with are Red Octane and Cobalt Flux. So I ask the question, who is this comapany and what is there history. Also, everyone is going bonkers about arcade sensors on the new metal pad. Im going to ask the question what does it matter if a pad had arcade or there own set up. As long as the pad is fine tuned what would the differences be. Im not really talking exact electroncs (dont know jack about that stuff) but just curious besides the fact that you can use this upcoming pad with the arcade, what the hubbub is all about.

Forrester

Mymybox is a company that's been around for a few years, seeming to mostly make their money off DDR stuff. They have a Konami DX/Ignition knockoff pad that used to be pretty good, not sure about now. Their pads have always ranged on the pricey side, though, don't know why, and the Blueshark pads are no exception. Anywho, the arcade sensors are a big deal because at this point in time, there are really only two types of construction for sensors in metal home pads: sheet metal and some kind of metal foil. See, the way the the contact system in metal pads works is something like this: (apologies in advance for horrible illustration)
______ (Bottom of arrow panel)
xxxxxxx (conductive material)
#####(Circuit)
(Note: for a better picture, look at the pics in the first few posts in this thread)

When you step on a panel, the conductive material (which is the sheet metal or metal foil I mentioned before) touches the circuit and completes it to sends a signal to the game. On just about every metal pad out there, foil is used as conductive material. I think for the most part it's copper foil nowadays, but I do recall seeing Aluminum (yes, aluminum) foil on some of these pads. This system does not last long at all. The foil flakes off and leads to ghost steps, nonfunctioning arrows, etc. Combine this with control box problems and bad wiring, and most metal pads are pretty much junk. Sheet metal works far better, but OTOH it's only used in the Cobalt Flux and maybe one other pad. The overall construction seen in the Blueshark, sensors included, isn't really similar to anything else out on the market right now. It has the potential to be really good, but Mymybox seems to be having trouble getting them to customers so it's whether they're worth it or not is unknown at the moment.
scandalous bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

92. PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine shipped today finally. Expected arrival, Dec. 12, Monday.

Expect a full review with pictures as soon as I get it, I'll make a new thread for it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

93. PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait. This is what has been holding back my purchase. I want to be sure this is worth it.
cofara
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my order got delayed b/c they lost my cc # but its all fixed now should get it by friday
v4
Trick Member
Trick Member

95. PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to post this link so here it is an ebay sale for the mymybox blueshark metal pad with actual pics of the pad. I have got to say it looks really nice E1.gif http://cgi.ebay.com/DANCE-REVOLUTION-DDR-MYMYBOX-BLUESHARK-METAL-PAD-GXG_W0QQitemZ8241237667QQcategoryZ21185QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
scandalous bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that looks sweet. I hope it actually comes with a bar. Nowhere in the product description on the mymybox site does it say it has a bar, but that would be nice for sure since I <3 the bar.
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my GOD.

I have got to say it looks so awesome

Here is my one vote.
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

98. PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that bar doesnt even include the reinforcement brackets. Typically they are hollow and will flex. I guess I can just steal the bar from my TX5K since I won't be using it anymore laugh.gif The leather wrap is nice though - I'll use that instead of the TX's foam.
dylan™
Trick Member
Trick Member

99. PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: q Reply with quote

will this rival the cobalt flux?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: