Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MyMyBox Blueshark GXG Pads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidyko
Trick Member
Trick Member

340. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough. It does make it a lot easier if you're the one paying. I've been saving up...I don't think I've bought anything (using my money) in the past two years except for SuperNOVA and ITG. E15.gif

Groovestats
David needs more challenges. E10.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

341. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I on the other hand am the complete opposite as you. I could never save my money for that long without buying anything. That's why it'd be so hard for me to save up for a Solo cabinet. Look how much I've spent on DDR in the past 4 months. (Well mostly my mom spent all of it so she doesn't really want to spend a whole lot more.)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
davidyko
Trick Member
Trick Member

342. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1491.27??
Well, I suppose my total would be close to that, if you count the Bluesharks I just ordered. But I spent that much over four years, while you spent that much over four months... erm.gif

Groovestats
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

343. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah when I start liking a new activity I get obsessed with it and spend too much.
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

344. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMNIT you've been playing for four months and you're almost as good as me. You're going to be better than me in like.......2 days. frown.gif

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

345. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariogirl wrote:
DAMNIT you've been playing for four months and you're almost as good as me. You're going to be better than me in like.......2 days. frown.gif

Nah, you're still better than me, but I'll catch up soon; I think I'm going to start 12's soon. Oh and I've actually been playing for like 3 and half months. biggrin.gif

EDIT: David>>>I've spent $1503.27 now as I spent an extra $12.00 on SuperNOVA at the arcade today. And I've started to do Standard 5-footers on Double now. I wanna start doing some Heavy songs because Heavy Double draws a huge crowd at my arcade.
TPF.Catch22
Trick Member
Trick Member

346. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, this bar version is so fvcking expensive. I honestly don't think I'm going to be getting this for Christmas. I've let my parents know that getting a new pad has basically become a necessity (Ignition is getting pretty beat), but I can't see them dropping over $400 on one present.

I'm starting to think about the Nexen, seeing as it is on discount right now and fits my parents' price range quite nicely.
Trick Member
Trick Member

347. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catch22 wrote:
God, this bar version is so fvcking expensive. I honestly don't think I'm going to be getting this for Christmas. I've let my parents know that getting a new pad has basically become a necessity (Ignition is getting pretty beat), but I can't see them dropping over $400 on one present.

I'm starting to think about the Nexen, seeing as it is on discount right now and fits my parents' price range quite nicely.

How exactly is the bar version expensive? $379.99 is quite reasonable considering it's 3" thick and they use real arcade sensors.
TPF.Catch22
Trick Member
Trick Member

348. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it is expensive. I don't want to get into a whole "less/more fortunate" explanation, but that is basically what it is.

Money can be tight afterall.
Trick Member
Trick Member

349. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can relate. Is the barless Blueshark in your price range? You could always just use a chair or whatever works.
trob xD
Trick Member
Trick Member

350. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, my mom just ordered me a new Blueshark with the Bar biggrin.gif
Its gonna take a long time before it gets here since its gotta go from California to Ohio!!! frust.gif

But hey, im not complaining E10.gif
early christmas gift hoorah!
View users profile Send private message
EnigmaFX
Basic Member
Basic Member

351. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
Mariogirl wrote:

Nah, you're still better than me, but I'll catch up soon; I think I'm going to start 12's soon. Oh and I've actually been playing for like 3 and half months. biggrin.gif

EDIT: David>>>I've spent $1503.27 now as I spent an extra $12.00 on SuperNOVA at the arcade today. And I've started to do Standard 5-footers on Double now. I wanna start doing some Heavy songs because Heavy Double draws a huge crowd at my arcade.

I wouldnt be that sad mariogirl... I mean.. He freakin used 1.5k in less than 4 months at freakin DDR and ITG... thats like... ALOT!!! I like used what... 10$ I can do 9 footers lol (Ive been playing since like same time as him) But I dont play at arcades I play on a crappy 20$ softpad(No Foam >_< ) So anybody whos got a lil juice and practice can be good lol E10.gif
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

352. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnigmaFX wrote:
I wouldnt be that sad mariogirl... I mean.. He freakin used 1.5k in less than 4 months at freakin DDR and ITG... thats like... ALOT!!! I like used what... 10$ I can do 9 footers lol (Ive been playing since like same time as him) But I dont play at arcades I play on a crappy 20$ softpad(No Foam >_< ) So anybody whos got a lil juice and practice can be good lol E10.gif

You should mod your softpad; I played on one for a while before I got my Cobalt Flux. And the reason I've spent so much is because I spent close to $20.00 each time I go to the arcade and when I was just learning I wanted to go pretty much everyday. biggrin.gif I gotta try Delirium today. :\
davidyko
Trick Member
Trick Member

353. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
Mariogirl wrote:

Yeah, arcades are expensive if you want to play for a decent period of time, which is one of the reasons why I hardly ever go. I suck at doubles, the best I can do are 7-footers. Maybe it's because of my sliding pads of hell.

Groovestats
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

354. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnigmaFX wrote:

I wouldnt be that sad mariogirl...

hell naw. I'm not going to let him get better than me. E15.gif

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

355. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidyko wrote:
Yeah, arcades are expensive if you want to play for a decent period of time, which is one of the reasons why I hardly ever go. I suck at doubles, the best I can do are 7-footers. Maybe it's because of my sliding pads of hell.

Yeah, my dad pays so why do I care? E15.gif
And Golden Sky on Basic is so easy to do spins on! biggrin.gif

Mariogirl wrote:

Haha, I'll probably be able to pass the songs that you can pass in about two months maximum. I probably won't get scores in the 90's though. frown.gif
EnigmaFX
Basic Member
Basic Member

356. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
EnigmaFX wrote:

You should mod your softpad

Is ducttape considered modding? lol

I taped it on the floor cause it kept flipping 90 degrees everytime I finished a song E10.gif

I mean I can play on it but Its not sensitive enough to do 10Footers :/

I went to the arcade once.. It felt so weird I barely made 8 Footers I was like WTF :O
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

357. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:

Mariogirl wrote:

Haha, I'll probably be able to pass the songs that you can pass in about two months maximum. I probably won't get scores in the 90's though. frown.gif

maybe, but by then I'll have passed everything (minus vertex^2, or maybe i will have by then). The thing is, by then I'll have really good SCORES on them. ;D

483-48-3892

Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

358. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have played on one of these pads for a year now and I am doing a more in-depth review. I purchased a GXG with bar for $465 shipped. I am a 200 lb, 9 foot player (I play 9-footers, I'm not 9 feet tall laugh.gif ).

Arrow Gap - Some arrows have a gap between the arrow piece and the center square of the pad. The largest point on mine is 1/4 inch. It does not affect the gameplay and makes cleaning the inside easier (see Surface Durability below)

Bar Quality - The bar is an acceptable substitute for the arcade bar. It is better than a chair, not as good as the arcade. The thickness of the bar's metal tubing, combined with the witght of the pad allow one to lean back on it without fear of damaging the bar or pad. Of course I seldom play with a bar unless stamina is low as passing is paramount.

Doubles - I was able to connect this pad to an Afterburner using the supplied metal piece. Each pad has a screw in the front corners which is removed, and then the metal piece in placed to connect them. When playing with two pads, there was not even a hint of pad motion. I admit that I find doubles tedious and seldom play it.

Mods - I have had to mod the pad extensively. I posted some details of some mods earlier in the thread (page 10 or so). The first mod was to increase the rigidity of the center piece which would 'flex' slightly when I put my weight on it. I opened the pad's bottom cover and placed wooden blocks which were the same thickness as the metal frame. It is possible that design modifications have fixed this issue in newer models. The second mod was to replace the control box with a better one. I manufacted a cable which hooks the pad to a RedOctane style 9-pin dsub. I then used such a control box, discarding the mymybox supplied unit. It is possible that a higher quality box is now included. The third and final mod is that the center piece broke free of it flimsy mounts and had to be secured properly. The screws on the corners of the center piece were removed and new screws where installed by drilling down into the metal frame. This makes the pad rock-solid, even for knee-drops, and flying leaps onto it at the beginning of A Stupid Barber. I can post pictures of the mod if someone wants to do it. It only takes about 30 mins and the screws and drill bits are from Lowes for like $10. Again, it is entirely possible that this is now a non-issue due to design changes.

MyMyBox Experience - I ordered the pad online from www.mymybox.com and paid with CC. Pad arrived in days and worked out of the box (double-box; it was a bear to open and unpack however E4.gif )

Responsiveness - This is the most responsive pad I have ever played, home or arcade. There was a slight issues with the down arrow being too sensitive but this was easily fixed by adjusting the corner bracket with the supplied screwdriver. Like the arcade pad, and unlike any other home pad, including the CF, the GXG does not bring the arrow to a stop using the elastic deformation of the sensing element. In English, the arrow comes to a nice firm stop with good tactile feedback. There is no 'mush' to pushing it- just like the arcade. Your PA will likely increase the first time you play your songs on this pad.

Scores - My scores improved the first song I played. I had not set a new high score in weeks and suddenly, new high score. The biggest gain is that the pad never misses so I can get high chains in ITG and always get FC in DDR. Another advantage is that the socres tend to be more consistent than other pad designs. I typically LDG,SDG the same songs and have some that are always 10-20, etc.

Surface Durability - If used for home use, the arrows will last longer than the home. The fine dust that covers the pad is the dust from your shoes which wears off while playing. An occasional wisk with the shop-vac will keep it nice and clean. This even cleans the inside given the gap between the edges of the arrows.

Weight - this is by far the heaviest pad available. It weighs in at 85 lbs and hardly moves, especially if connected to another metal pad. I play exclusively on a concrete floor in the basement.

Overall I gives this pad a 10. Only thing better would be an all metal design with cold-cathode lights, but who has a spare $1200 these days.
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

359. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wakka Lakka, could you give me some score examples (like one before the Blueshark and one after)? I'd just like to see how big the difference actually is. ;O

483-48-3892

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: