Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MyMyBox Blueshark GXG Pads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sawbo
Basic Member
Basic Member

280. PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariogirl wrote:
Do the panels sink in like the flux or are they solid? jw

If you played in an arcade, then the shark is like that, but the panels are recessed
View users profile Send private message
funandsun
Basic Member
Basic Member

281. PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with blueshark metal pad!

This metal pad is too heavy for me. Everytime I move this pad to play ddr, I feel like I am doing Weight lift exercise . nerd.gif

what is good by doing weight lift exercise?

- Easier weight loss or weight maintenance
- Leaner, stronger body
- Improved appearance
- Better posture
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased resting metabolism rate
- Improved balance and coordination (used to be called "grace")
- Stronger bones, and protection against osteoporosis and more

I do not want to make a scratch on my floor. E13.gif it has been little over a week and it is working good. I love this pad. Now I need a handle bar to play ITG ! does anyone know how to install a handle bar on this pad?

I am taking this pad to my friend's birthday party laugh.gif
maki2sang
Trick Member
Trick Member

282. PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 more blueshark metal pads? are they going to make it more?
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

283. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTICE: When lifting heavy objects;
Do not bend over, bend with your knees. Keep your chest up, and watch out for sharp corners.

Yeah, I just thought that should be said.
But seriously, keep that in mind, all you BSers.
Otherwise, you could get back problems, which tend to be unwanted.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

284. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
Do not bend over, bend with your knees. Keep your chest up, and watch out for sharp corners.

Holding it behind your back, and slightly leaning forward always helps for lifting heavy things...especially if they are in boxes. How heavy is the Blueshark pad anyway? My CF is 45 pounds and I have absolutely no trouble lifting it at all.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
bb
Trick Member
Trick Member

285. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Blueshark come with an USB adaper that would alow me to hook it up to my mac?

Peace
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

286. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bb wrote:
Does the Blueshark come with an USB adaper that would alow me to hook it up to my mac?

Peace

As far as I know, Bluesharks don't come with them, but you could buy them seperately from Mymybox or any other site.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

287. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:

Holding it behind your back, and slightly leaning forward always helps for lifting heavy things...especially if they are in boxes. How heavy is the Blueshark pad anyway? My CF is 45 pounds and I have absolutely no trouble lifting it at all.
Ah, yes, that one too. ^^
I've done that with my TX-1000's a couple times, although they're only just over 30 lbs each. (31.4, I think)
If all goes as planned though, my DT610's (design no. of my current homebrew; DancingTofu: DT, 6th design, first draft, first edition: 610, thus, DT610.) should be about 15 lbs each. (about 1 lb per panel, plus a 10-12 lb base. (maple and pine are both pretty light)
And the handles and detachable shoulder straps, at that weight, should make it possible to cart around 1 or 2 of them for fairly good distances without too much trouble.
I'm really excited about where this design's going. ^^

Oh yeah, and just for an update, I won't be getting the Solo 4th Mix machine. It's now over my current maximum budget, as expected. =(
Oh well, I guess I'll just use the money for homebrews instead! ^^
neothe0ne
Trick Member
Trick Member

288. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueShark's weigh a heck of a lot more than 45 pounds. IIRC, it's closer to 62 or 72.
Trick Member
Trick Member

289. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just ordered a Blue Shark GXG 2006 2nd Edition, and it arrived today. I'm in the middle of moving, but I unpacked it for testing anyway. This pad is seriously ridiculous.

(click for full picture)

Not a very good picture, but I'd already packed my camera, so I had to use my phone.

They say it weighs 85 pounds on the MyMyBox site, and they are not lying! This thing is seriously heavy. The box got banged around a bit in shipping, but they appear to double-box, and the inside was not harmed. Though unlike Cobalt Flux, they do not encase the entire pad in foam, and there were a couple dents in mine, which were pretty easy to ping out with a hammer. I also had to tighten all of the arrow bracket screws, which seem to have loosened slightly during shipping. For those who heard the pad is "clangy", it's only a temporary issue.

I've had two V2 fluxes for almost two years now, and I have to say the BlueShark GXG pads are outright eye-popping. The arrows are nearly half an inch thick, backed with felt, on top of two brackets that press on arcade pressure sensors. I swear I could cough at this thing, and it would register steps. Of course I don't know how well it stands up to years of 9/10's, but my Flux didn't do too well there itself. After all my playing, I've had to de-bow arrows a couple times, and they have issues with ghost-steps I can't seem to resolve.

I've been looking for a pad exactly like this for years, so I'm insanely glad someone finally built one. I even went so far as to contact a few companies a few years back to get pressure-sensitive strips, so I could simply build one. Not much luck there, but now it doesn't really matter. This costs as much as a Flux, but it's thicker, heavier, wrapped in metal, and uses arcade sensors. The only way it could seriously be better was if it somehow came with bacon. E13.gif
My DD:Recall
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zombiejesus9001
Trick Member
Trick Member

290. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a second one can't wait for it to come in so I can play some itg doubles E1.gif
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

291. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trifthen wrote:
Well, I just ordered a Blue Shark GXG 2006 2nd Edition, and it arrived today. I'm in the middle of moving, but I unpacked it for testing anyway. This pad is seriously ridiculous.

(click for full picture)

Not a very good picture, but I'd already packed my camera, so I had to use my phone.

They say it weighs 85 pounds on the MyMyBox site, and they are not lying! This thing is seriously heavy. The box got banged around a bit in shipping, but they appear to double-box, and the inside was not harmed. Though unlike Cobalt Flux, they do not encase the entire pad in foam, and there were a couple dents in mine, which were pretty easy to ping out with a hammer. I also had to tighten all of the arrow bracket screws, which seem to have loosened slightly during shipping. For those who heard the pad is "clangy", it's only a temporary issue.

I've had two V2 fluxes for almost two years now, and I have to say the BlueShark GXG pads are outright eye-popping. The arrows are nearly half an inch thick, backed with felt, on top of two brackets that press on arcade pressure sensors. I swear I could cough at this thing, and it would register steps. Of course I don't know how well it stands up to years of 9/10's, but my Flux didn't do too well there itself. After all my playing, I've had to de-bow arrows a couple times, and they have issues with ghost-steps I can't seem to resolve.

I've been looking for a pad exactly like this for years, so I'm insanely glad someone finally built one. I even went so far as to contact a few companies a few years back to get pressure-sensitive strips, so I could simply build one. Not much luck there, but now it doesn't really matter. This costs as much as a Flux, but it's thicker, heavier, wrapped in metal, and uses arcade sensors. The only way it could seriously be better was if it somehow came with bacon. E13.gif

After reading your review, I definitely know what I'm getting for Christmas, but the only question is: Do I get the one with the bar or without the bar? I'm sort of leaning toward the bar model because it's an inch thicker and it'll take up less room then putting a chair behind the pad. The bar looks pretty sturdy from these videos:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=685042443
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=750217670

If only Mymybox had a Doubles Kit for the Blueshark pads, and offered a discount like Cobalt Flux; then I'd be buying two. biggrin.gif
Trifthen
Trick Member
Trick Member

292. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
After reading your review, I definitely know what I'm getting for Christmas, but the only question is: Do I get the one with the bar or without the bar? I'm sort of leaning toward the bar model because it's an inch thicker and it'll take up less room then putting a chair behind the pad.

Be careful. The one with the bar is not the revised 2006 version. None of the design improvements and fixes will be in that pad. Really the only benefit you get from the older pad is the bar. If you're a heavy bar player, knock yourself out. Heh.

Quote:
If only Mymybox had a Doubles Kit for the Blueshark pads, and offered a discount like Cobalt Flux; then I'd be buying two. biggrin.gif

There's no need for a doubles kit. According to the mymybox site, you can connect two blueshark GXG pads due to an included bracket. I'm not sure if they send this when you buy two, or it's built into the pad itself, but there ya go. Though a discount for buying two would definitely be nice, except even CF only gives a $25 discount. When buying almost $700 (shipping!) in equipment, $25 doesn't really mean much. Heh.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

293. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trifthen wrote:
Be careful. The one with the bar is not the revised 2006 version. None of the design improvements and fixes will be in that pad. Really the only benefit you get from the older pad is the bar. If you're a heavy bar player, knock yourself out. Heh.

And what is so revised about ther 2006 version? All I see that is different is the metal center plate, and I'd prefer if that wasn't there anyway. (Footprints would show up more.) And I use the bar on every song, so it'd be really convenient for me because I hate moving and adjusting the chair for my Flux.

Trifthen wrote:
There's no need for a doubles kit. According to the mymybox site, you can connect two blueshark GXG pads due to an included bracket. I'm not sure if they send this when you buy two, or it's built into the pad itself, but there ya go. Though a discount for buying two would definitely be nice, except even CF only gives a $25 discount. When buying almost $700 (shipping!) in equipment, $25 doesn't really mean much. Heh.

Yes, the doubles brackets are built onto the pad itself, but by Doubles Kit, I meant that they should have some kind of discount or offer. Everything counts when you're spending that much money.
By the way, you say heh alot. biggrin.gif
neothe0ne
Trick Member
Trick Member

294. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
Trifthen wrote:

(click for full picture)

After reading your review, I definitely know what I'm getting for Christmas, but the only question is: Do I get the one with the bar or without the bar? I'm sort of leaning toward the bar model because it's an inch thicker and it'll take up less room then putting a chair behind the pad. The bar looks pretty sturdy from these videos:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=685042443
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=750217670

I see that they changed the center piece from a black tile to a silver (metal?) one. And besides the fact that there are no holes for the bar, what improvements are you speaking of?
Trick Member
Trick Member

295. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neothe0ne wrote:
I see that they changed the center piece from a black tile to a silver (metal?) one. And besides the fact that there are no holes for the bar, what improvements are you speaking of?

Changes aren't always just what you can see. The old version is an inch thicker, but weighs the same. Aside from the center panel, the start/select buttons have been integrated into the pad itself. And just like a V1 flux, the DB9 cable connects directly to the pad. Someone took the backing off their V1 GXG and you can see the welding for the inner frame, but the new version claims a one-piece frame, probably cast steel from a mold.

Without talking to MyMybox themselves, it's really impossible to know what improvments they made in the design. The V2 pads were rumored to have four sensors per arrow, but that didn't happen. I'm certainly not going to tear my pad apart to see what structural changes they made between versions. Heh.

So either we'll have to contact MyMyBox and hope they'll tell us the difference, or someone brave that just happens to own both versions is going to have to dig deeper.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

296. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trifthen wrote:
neothe0ne wrote:

Changes aren't always just what you can see. The old version is an inch thicker, but weighs the same. Aside from the center panel, the start/select buttons have been integrated into the pad itself. And just like a V1 flux, the DB9 cable connects directly to the pad. Someone took the backing off their V1 GXG and you can see the welding for the inner frame, but the new version claims a one-piece frame, probably cast steel from a mold.

Without talking to MyMybox themselves, it's really impossible to know what improvments they made in the design. The V2 pads were rumored to have four sensor per arrow, but that didn't happen. I'm certainly not going to tear my pad apart to see what structural changes they made between versions. Heh.

So either we'll have to contact MyMyBox and hope they'll tell us the difference, or someone brave that just happens to own both versions is going to have to dig deeper.

So the pad with the bar has the start and select button built onto the pad itself, and the barless 2006 versions don't? That would actually be convenient for me. And what do you mean by "the DB9 cable connects directly to the pad itself"? Is it like the Cobalt Flux where you have to plug in the female to male cords in order for it to function?
Trifthen
Trick Member
Trick Member

297. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
So the pad with the bar has the start and select button built onto the pad itself, and the barless 2006 versions don't?

Heh, no. The exact opposite of that. If you look at the very front of the new GXG, you'll see, from left to right, the start button, a 15-pin (not 9, oops) female connector, and the select button.

The reason I mentioned the V1 flux pads, is that they also had the connector embedded right into the pad. But because those pads are so thin, the arrow is right on top of the connector, and I've seen many V1 flux pads where the connector falls out all the time. The V2 flux pads fixed that problem by putting a DB15 jack at the end of a cable coming out of the pad. Their original design was actually a good idea, but the pads were too thin to support it.

So unplug the cable from a GXG, and you're left with a huge heavy pad with no cables coming out of it, and two recessed buttons on the front.

I'm pretty sure they improved other things under the skin, but as a programmer, I'm just skeptical at V1 of anything. Hehe. I'm sure the V1 GXG pads are fine, I just wanted to clarify. Their site is kinda confusing that way, and some people might think the pad with a bar is also a 2nd edition pad, and it isn't.
skinticket
Trick Member
Trick Member

298. PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to show everyone these pics i came across. Its a better pic of the inside sensors and all that

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/bmxbob3/sensors.jpg

looks pimp as hell. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
nasheq
Trick Member
Trick Member

299. PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how close is this pad to the arcade? i know it's the closest you can get right now. but can somehow list the similiarities / differrences?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19

Jump to: