Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ace Of Hearts' Guide To Moving From DDR To ITG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ace Of Hearts' Guide To Moving From DDR To ITG Reply with quote

Ace Of Hearts wrote:
What's The Default Song On An ITG 2 Machine?
We Know What To Do, by Matiloe. Like Graduation on a DDR Extreme, it's relatively simple for whatever difficulty you play it on.

True for the dedicated cabinets, but not for the BoXoRz. On all the converted machines I've seen, the default song is Amore, and the default sort order is by group (ITG1 songs in one group, ITG2 songs in the only other group).

Also, you forgot one of the functions of the red button on the dedicated cabinet -- you can hold down the red button and press the left & right selector buttons to raise or lower your difficulty. If the pad is far back from the cabinet, this is much more convenient than the conventional up-up or down-down on the pad.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I could contribute something to this faq, if you wish.

I don't know of anyone who actually has a pic of what the freeze rolls look like, so, how about this?

It's the best I can do for now, I'll hopefully get a better one when I go back to play ITG 2 again.[/img]
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ace Of Hearts' Guide To Moving From DDR To ITG Reply with quote

Boochypa wrote:
Ace Of Hearts wrote:
As for what your first ITG-exculsive songs should be, I'd recommend some fun songs like Da Roots, Little Kitty Mine, Baby Baby, Life Of A Butterfly, Lipstick Kiss, July, and Spaceman. Skilled players will be fine setting any of those on Expert difficulty; they're not particularly difficult.

You should be careful calling July "not particularly difficult," especially since its hard steps are more challenging than the expert steps to most of the other songs in your list. Plus there's the whole being an 11 on expert thing.

July was my first 11 and I still find it way easier than other 11s.. why do people think its hard?
View users profile Send private message
IamMe
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point isn't whether it's an easy or hard 11, dolt, it's that July Expert is NOT easy duable by anyone with decent experience in DDR like the guide says. Don't turn this into a battle of the easiest and hardest 11's.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm not going to argue at all, but I just want a few people to kindly and briefly describe to me what makes Remember December a high-end 10.

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryyudo -YHB-
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the stamina. It's just a lot of stream with 16ths mixed in. Just tiring, and I feel is more tiring the all 10s (Except Soapy Bubble).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ivan wrote:
Okay, I'm not going to argue at all, but I just want a few people to kindly and briefly describe to me what makes Remember December a high-end 10.
That may my fault. I remember somebody (Ace of Hearts?) asking around about what easy/difficult songs for each level were, and I said Remember December was a hard 10 for me, but most people seem to disagree.

I find it much more tiring than most 10s, and it's quite difficult to combo through the 1/16th runs at that speed. On the other hand, I find "difficult" 10s such as Walking on Fire quite easy by comparison.

But I admit, as well, that I'm strange.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

27. PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ivan wrote:

It's offsync, and difficult to hold consistency on.
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of issues to address here today.

(To let you guys know, I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, so I'm doing as much as I can right now.)

Holy crud, did I actually say July? Where'd that come from? Fixing that. Nobody should play July [Ex] until they're ready.

I will make Remember December an "average" 10 (unless more of you disagree by 4:30 EST today, in which case that'll change again).

I will also add the difference in default songs. (We Know What To Do on dedicated cabinets, and converted machines have Amore. Thx to PendanticOmbudsman.)

I will also add the red-button function of changing difficulties on a dedicated cabinet. (Also thx to PendaticOmbudsman.)

I will also include Twilight as being good to get used to hands. (Uh...thanks yet again, Pendatic.)

lildrchris25 reminds me that Typical Tropical does have Expert steps. I will correct this issue.

I'm also adding a section regarding USB Flash Drives ("USB Cards"), and how to get yourself set up on one (as I just recently got one myself).

I also realized recently that hitting a mine will not kill your combo (as long as you're still hitting proper arrows). Nothing regarding that was in my guide before, so I'm putting it in.

Also, I've got a bit more experience with playing/watching ITG 2 under my belt, so I'm shifting around some of the stuff on the difficulty comparison list.

Again, if anyone has any issues with my guide, let me know! I strive to be as close to perfect as a human can be.

I'd like information as to how one obtains Edits and how one must organize said edits on the card before one can take it to the arcade and expect it to work.

Thanks in advance!
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Ace Of Hearts' Guide To Moving From DDR To ITG Reply with quote

Ace Of Hearts wrote:
*Easier: VerTex, !, Energizer
*Mid-Level/Average: Go *60* Go, Delirium, Tell, Euphoria, Hardcore Of The North
*High-End 12s: Bloodrush, Determinator

woah man, shouldnt Hardcore of the north be a high end 12 since it has like 800+ notes and even though bloodrush has that crazy 64th note run and alot of cross overs, i still think that Hardcore of the north should be a high end 12, just my opinion
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Ace Of Hearts
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll keep it mid-range for now.

I've heard a lot speaking toward HOTN being very stamina-draining even though the actual step patterns are rather simple.

I've not tried to play it yet myself, as it is a 12-block and I'm unsure if I'm capable of passing it. I've seen it played, though, and the patterns look simple enough to me; however, I can also say everyone I've seen pass it complains about how tiring it is.

So I'm not quite sure yet. All I know for sure is that it is definitely not an easy 12. That much is for certain.

If I can get a better case for putting HOTN on the stupid-hard-for-a-12 list, I'll do it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because it seems like the people judging HOTN are basing their opinion on what it looks like, and not actual passing experience...

Having gotten a 93 on HOTN, I feel that I can safely say it is not a high end 12. Probably the hardest of the average 12s, as in it should be your last one before Bloodrush and possibly Deter, but in its own not overly hard for a 12. Like Ace said, the patterns are rather simple.

EDIT: Also, on Ace's note on how tiring it is, I found myself to be far less tired after HOTN than Bloodrush, even Tell and Go 60 Go (I definately wouldn't call Go 60 Go harder, but the akwardness of the steps tires me out).

Last edited by FujiFlame on Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

---
Edits are a feature on RoXoR Games' In the Groove franchise. You may download edits off the internet, or create them using StepMania. An edit file or ".edit" file is simple, and really is just a modified version of a ".sm" file, from StepMania. You can create edits the way you create a stepchart or your own original stepchart to a any original song. In addition, ITGFreak has an Edit Database where its own userbase has created their edits and allowed them to be downloaded. All you must do is download those files to your drive under the "Edit" folder, and that is all. Make sure that the file has the extention .edit and that the song the edit is for exists on the mix!
---

For more information, go read the USB sticky. kthnx. ;D

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to let you know that after reading your guide, I spent my first full arcade session playing ITG (after a couple of years of DDR) and found the information that both you and Rancidfish posted extremely helpful; I also played Robotix just to see this 20 second roll, and my legs are still tight from that riiight.gif .
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJX wrote:
I just wanted to let you know that after reading your guide, I spent my first full arcade session playing ITG (after a couple of years of DDR) and found the information that both you and Rancidfish posted extremely helpful; I also played Robotix just to see this 20 second roll, and my legs are still tight from that riiight.gif .

If you liked the roll as is, you should check out the Digital marathon E13.gif.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Fate
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should add Fleaud Uncut in there on easier 10s. I beat it my first time playing with a C/C-
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu~ wrote:
You should add Fleaud Uncut in there on easier 10s. I beat it my first time playing with a C/C-
It's either a very easy 10 or a quite difficult 10. On the one hand, it's very slow and straightforward. On the other hand, it has LONG 1/16th note streams. If you can't handle the 1/16ths yet, it will fail you. There are other 10s, like Remember December or Hand of Time, where the 1/16ths are harder, but it's possible to fudge through them and survive.
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'arr Rancid, I'll have to keep those songs in mind next time I go to play ITG2.

But yah, I didn't even see Fleadh Uncut on your list at all...
cousinoer5
Basic Member
Basic Member

38. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very cool guide to ITG it covers everything. BTW could someone please show a screen with some vivid colored arrows I never played ITG 2 so I don't know what it looks like but it sounds like it looks cool.
View users profile Send private message
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cousinoer5 wrote:
BTW could someone please show a screen with some vivid colored arrows I never played ITG 2 so I don't know what it looks like

A screenshot wouldn't cut it, because it's the color-shifting that really makes Vivid what it is. A video might work, but I haven't seen any.

There's a much easier way to get the answer to your question, though:

Take LSD and play DDR. Look at the arrows. There you go.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: