Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Move over DDR and ITG, here comes DANCE PRAISE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

160. PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cluny the Scourge wrote:
Synaesthesia wrote:
Mixel Plix wrote:

-even if this was considered a sin for stealing or whatever, God would forgive them anyways! E1.gif

Because God is a pragmatist like you, I guess.

God forgives your sins if you ask him to.

Which isn't the same as a free license.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Mike Blitz
Trick Member
Trick Member

161. PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm saying is, I CAN'T WAIT TO DANCE MY ASS OFF TO JESUS SONGS! HELLS YEAH! [/SARCASM]

I don't know what was a worse attempt, the christian manga or this.

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
unlucky911
Trick Member
Trick Member

162. PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piracy=copyright infringment, right? And piracy=stealing, right? They're actually closely connected. Anyone agree? Nevertheless, copyright infringement is a crime and as long as Christianity goes, all crimes are sins.

If God were real, he would forgive everyone's sins...including the ripping-off of an entirely orginal concept, the blaspheming and even our denial of God' existance...but that's no excuse for the Dance Praise guys to go out there in their money-making rampage, masquerading their crimes as God-centered acts. Their, well, 'good' idea was overshadowed by the 'evil' it comes along with. Any logical person can see that...Christian or not.

View users profile Send private message
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

163. PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlucky911 wrote:
Piracy=copyright infringment, right? And piracy=stealing, right? They're actually closely connected. Anyone agree? Nevertheless, copyright infringement is a crime and as long as Christianity goes, all crimes are sins.

If God were real, he would forgive everyone's sins...including the ripping-off of an entirely orginal concept, the blaspheming and even our denial of God' existance...but that's no excuse for the Dance Praise guys to go out there in their money-making rampage, masquerading their crimes as God-centered acts. Their, well, 'good' idea was overshadowed by the 'evil' it comes along with. Any logical person can see that...Christian or not.

You mean, like, the likes of the Ku Klux Klan, Religious Fundamentalists, and even Adolf Hitler, who used the name of God for their own self-righteous purposes?
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

164. PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlucky911 wrote:
Piracy=copyright infringment, right?

In modern vernacular, that's one definition. However, that's an emotionally-loaded slang term created and propogated by industries that stand to profit from extremely draconian copyright fascism. Calling something something else doesn't make it something else.

Quote:
And piracy=stealing, right?

Quote:
Nevertheless, copyright infringement is a crime and as long as Christianity goes, all crimes are sins.

Absolutely 100% incorrect.

According to the Bible*, Jesus was a frequent criminal who ignored or broke many laws (both Roman laws and Jewish laws) during his life, and was actually executed as a convicted criminal for these crimes. His followers had frequent run-ins with the law and many of them were similarly executed for various crimes. A very high percentage of early Christian leaders spent much of their lives in prison, and many died there or were executed. Throughout history, Christianity as a whole has often been on the wrong side of the law, and has been totally illegal in and of itself at various times and places. In these times and places, Christians were breaking the law just by being Christians, and yet I don't think you'd call that a "sin". In the early United States, when slavery was the law of the land, many Christian groups were involved in clearly illegal but very moral and noble efforts to to rescue and assist slaves (see: Underground Railroad). Many Christians engaged in illegal Civil Disobedience to protest segregation laws (see: Rosa Parks), and these acts contributed greatly to many of the freedoms that America enjoys today.

* No, I don't actually believe in the Bible or that Jesus ever existed in any form at all, I'm just pointing out that within Christianity, according to their own sacred documents and established history, lawlessness and Civil Disobedience are grand traditions that have seldom been regarded as sinful.
Trick Member
Trick Member

165. PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man's law != God's law
Trick Member
Trick Member

166. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlucky911 wrote:

If there were a God, I don't see why he'd care if we believed in him or not.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

167. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedantic if you dont belive in the bible why are you useing poorly tthoughtout arguments invovling the bible to pretect roxor unfairly benefiting from other peopels R&D and intial financial investments
Trick Member
Trick Member

168. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electronic Bank Transfers wrote:
pedantic if you dont belive in the bible why are you useing poorly tthoughtout arguments invovling the bible to pretect roxor unfairly benefiting from other peopels R&D and intial financial investments

Whoa, do I agree with EBT on something?

If anything, the idea is "Follow the law UNTIL it requires you to break the laws of your religion." I don't think the tenth comandment was "Steal, copyright infringe, and thou shall live happily forevr!!!11"

In fact, most of the laws that Jesus broke were religiously inclined. He was accused of working on the Sabbath (when he was healing people), blaspheming (calling himself God), but he didn't just go out and steal things from people.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

169. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did no such thing.

A Christian tried to claim that his holy book forbids copyright infringement. Having actually read his holy book in its entirity a couple of times in the course of my life, I corrected him by pointing out that it actually doesn't.

As a matter of fact, do you know what the only religion is whose holy scriptures actually explicitly declare copyright infringement to be a sin? Scientology. Not very surprising, really.
Cluny
Trick Member
Trick Member

170. PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:

I did no such thing.

A Christian tried to claim that his holy book forbids copyright infringement. Having actually read his holy book in its entirity a couple of times in the course of my life, I corrected him by pointing out that it actually doesn't.

As a matter of fact, do you know what the only religion is whose holy scriptures actually explicitly declare copyright infringement to be a sin? Scientology. Not very surprising, really.

When the Bible was written, copyright infringement was not really a problem.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

171. PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:

I did no such thing.

stealing my property or stealing and profiting from my ideas is still stealing from me even if nothing physical is taken

and that you call scientoloigy a religon means you lose at life
Trick Member
Trick Member

172. PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Raider wrote:
PedanticOmbudsman wrote:

I did no such thing.

When the Bible was written, copyright infringement was not really a problem.

Amen brotha! Exegete!!!

Just because God didn't spcifically say "Thou shalt not steal candy from a baby!" doesn't mean that could argue "Oh, the baby has no rights, and thus you can steal it!" Your supposed to use judgment to discern what falls into which category... copyright infringment IS stealing. NO MATTER WHAT. If I'm talking about the bible, current law, ebaums world, or Pepsi stealing the friggin' Studebaker symbol... It's stealing!

To take (the property of another) without right or permission.
-The American heitage Dictionary of the English Language

It's intellectual PROPERTY... emphasis on the property. Thus, to take someone's intellectual PROPERTY without right or permission (in the case of lyrics, music, picture, film, or index card wrapper design) is STEALING!!!

Clear, cut, simple.

EDIT: The baby scenario was rediculous and laughable at best, but still an analogy none the less!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

173. PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braintrust (Joel Stud?) wrote:

EDIT: The baby scenario was rediculous and laughable at best, but still an analogy none the less!

and far far better than when pedantic decided to say roxor was fighting for our first amendment rights aganst konami
Trick Member
Trick Member

174. PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious. Thanks for the link!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
TAMAsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

175. PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey zanneth... do you think Chuck E cheese would get a Dance Praise.... as they love to censor out songs like greenhorn, Sajahu, Le Code Bonet Cnduite... from the Exceed 2 machine.... thank GOD!!! you convinced them to get those songs back on the Pump machine where they belong... LMAO... this was so so funny.
Trick Member
Trick Member

176. PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Down With The Ship".

That songtitle struck me as humorous laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
eightbit
Basic Member
Basic Member

177. PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Dance praise and Vista Reply with quote

Has any one gotten this to work with Vista yet? The pads show up as USB devices but not as game controllers.
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

178. PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys know this game actually has a purchasable song pack?

Check Macworld. I'm serious.
Trick Member
Trick Member

179. PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is wrong with you, eightbit?

You require 1,000 Hail Marys for this one-year thread bump.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: