Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Move over DDR and ITG, here comes DANCE PRAISE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAP
Basic Member
Basic Member

140. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the honest review HonestZ. As a Christian, I enjoy very much combining fun with worship. I think this will be a good thing for youth group as well.

For hardcore DDR players, it's obviously got some shortcomings, but I think it's a great thing and I'll be buying a copy soon.
View users profile Send private message
ben8787
Basic Member
Basic Member

141. PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could I buy the pad and use it to play StepMania?

for someone who owns a pad, what is its quality?
ckiemnstr
Trick Member
Trick Member

142. PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way you slice it... someone is going to hell for this.

AA Bob wrote:
Quote:
pee pee standing up for the win

War of the Arrows!!!!!!!! BUY ONE!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
RTP!
Trick Member
Trick Member

143. PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember everyone,

THIS IS A VIDEOGAME THAT REINFORCES AND ADVERTISES ANTI-SEMITISM THROUGH DANCE SIMULATION AND PRETTY COLORS

When you're Asian you gotta know this.
Basic Member
Basic Member

144. PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't wait to get a hold of this game. i've been looking for something like this in a long time.

---------------------
visit my blog @ http://blog.art-app.com
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Liquid Zero
Trick Member
Trick Member

145. PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAP wrote:
Thanks for the honest review HonestZ. As a Christian, I enjoy very much combining fun with worship. I think this will be a good thing for youth group as well.

For hardcore DDR players, it's obviously got some shortcomings, but I think it's a great thing and I'll be buying a copy soon.

QFE.

Very good point. I may try to play this if I can find it anywhere. And, hopefully, it will gain a foothold in many places...despite its rather unusual theme of worship into a DDR formula.
View users profile Send private message Send email
PAP
Basic Member
Basic Member

146. PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased and it shipped. I'll report back. Got the package with 2 pads and game.
ddrenthusiast007
Basic Member
Basic Member

147. PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! This looks AWESOME I cant wait to try it out! Great job on finally getting something good like this out there. Looking forward to playing this.

I'll try to tell my friends about it and get them to play! Spread the word everyone!

------------------------
Visit my blog at http://c-layer.blogspot.com/
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
RTP!
Trick Member
Trick Member

148. PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ben8787 wrote:
could I buy the pad and use it to play StepMania?

Why didn't I read that? Seeing all the people that like this game in this thread, ive seen that most of them are Light members. Anyone else catch that? (im scared of christian youths now)
Trick Member
Trick Member

149. PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Move over DDR and ITG, here comes DANCE PRAISE! Reply with quote

LazyKenny wrote:
Unlike the very old "Dance Dance Resurrection", Dance Praise is for real.

Its out now.

This is so...GAY!! Seriously. DDR or ITG is the stuff real "dancers" r looking for, not this. DDR and ITG are extremely clean games anyway. And yes, I am a Christian so I understand that its an alright..."outreach" to the world, but I dont think that theyve gotta copy ddr or itg this poorly.
Trick Member
Trick Member

150. PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddRidethePig! wrote:
THIS IS A VIDEOGAME THAT REINFORCES AND ADVERTISES ANTI-SEMITISM

E19.gif
unlucky911
Trick Member
Trick Member

151. PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fonewearl said:

Quote:
the game idea of Dance Praise sucks in my opinion, period.

Amen I say to you fonewearl. I mean, WTF were the guys behind Dance Praise thinking? They can't use Christianity to sell a F*cking rip-off!! Oh, and they did steal something and I'm sure even God would be angry. But if that could get my church to buy DDR, then I guess it's okay. But still, that is so wrong.

I'm a bit of a Christian (Catholic...seriously) and I'm not exactly very open to various forms of worship. Worship for me is MASS Unlimited...but then I'm okay with praise and worship which we Catholics aren't really into. But then again I hate MASS.period

Someone said hardcore DDR and ITGers ought to give Dance Praise a chance. I say go and f*cking masturbate! That's less of a sin than playing Dance Praise. Thou shall not steal Konami's ideas. To hell with ROXOR and the DP guys! Crucify those mothafuc*ers!

devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

152. PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlucky911 wrote:
Someone said hardcore DDR and ITGers ought to give Dance Praise a chance. I say go and f*cking masturbate! That's less of a sin than playing Dance Praise. Thou shall not steal Konami's ideas.

Now, I think this Dance Praise thing, but I have to point out a rather obvious error you've made.

Thought not a Christian, I've read the entire Bible (something most Christians have never done), and I can promise you that there's nothing in there about copyrights, patents, or trademarks.

The (IMHO flawed) concept of "intellectual property" didn't exist in Biblical times; in fact it's a fairly modern invention. So is the (IMHO laughable) concept that ideas can be "stolen". Use of "theft" to refer to ideas just makes you look stupid; if you steal something, the person you took it from isn't supposed to have it anymore, but if you so-called "steal" an idea you haven't actually deprived anybody of it. Misusing the word "steal" that way makes you look very bad.

Quote:
I say go and f*cking masturbate!

Although this particular random outburst of yours seems to have nothing to do with the subject at hand, I have found it to be a good idea in general. Congratulations on that, at least.
Basic Member
Basic Member

153. PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got our Dance Praise system (software and 2 pads). I like it. Music is limited - hope they have add-ons for more songs. I'm a beginner so can't comment on technical aspect but it clearly is easier than DDR - the "perfects' are much more forgiving.

Interface is good and the pads that came with it plugged into my computer and worked without any problems at all.

All in all I'm very happy with the purchase. The only complaint I would have is that the arrows come down instead of up so it just seems different from DDR that way and can be a bit confusing (and it needs more songs).

I know most people here are DDR hardcore so I'm really posting this more for someone who might be a beginner like me and find this thread via google or something else.

The Christian music aspect of it I like a lot. If others don't that's fine but there are definitely some things on DDR that I wouldn't want my young kids hearing.

FWIW.
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

154. PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:
ddRidethePig! wrote:
THIS IS A VIDEOGAME THAT REINFORCES AND ADVERTISES ANTI-SEMITISM

E19.gif

I think what he meant was that this game would brainwash us into chanting:

Quote:
Töten sie die Juden! Wir können nicht stillstehen bis sie alle tot sind!

Quote:
Es ist Zeit für Rache!
Wir mussen die Juden ausrotten!

The Roman Catholic Church even endorsed these chants after they re-enacted the Passion of the Christ during the Dark Ages (specifically The HOLY CRUSADES).
Mixel Plix
Trick Member
Trick Member

155. PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this game is a great idea! i'm a christian, and i just think it's a great way to worship God. you all say they ripped off ddr..you are right, that it is a dancing game, but can you rock out for God playing ddr? i dont see any christian songs on ddr. if you dont like that it has christian songs on it, then just simply dont get it...and this is actually a good video game..nothing bad, like that retarded song blow my whistle THAT SONG NEEDS TO BE DESTROYED.. hahah well, it's giving a good message, so i say let it go.

-even if this was considered a sin for stealing or whatever, God would forgive them anyways! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

156. PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixel Plix wrote:
even if this was considered a sin for stealing or whatever

Copyright infringement and stealing are two completely different, unrelated things. Copyright infringement may be considered a sin by some religions (even though most religions were around for centuries before copyright existed), and is illegal in some countries, but in no country in the entire world is it classified as "stealing". You're confusing unrelated concepts.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

157. PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixel Plix wrote:

-even if this was considered a sin for stealing or whatever, God would forgive them anyways! E1.gif

Because God is a pragmatist like you, I guess.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Cluny
Trick Member
Trick Member

158. PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:
Mixel Plix wrote:

Because God is a pragmatist like you, I guess.

God forgives your sins if you ask him to.
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

159. PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddRidethePig! wrote:
Remember everyone,

THIS IS A VIDEOGAME THAT REINFORCES AND ADVERTISES ANTI-SEMITISM THROUGH DANCE SIMULATION AND PRETTY COLORS

When you're Asian you gotta know this.

You mean, scapegoating the entire Jewish community due to the acts of Henry Kissinger?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: