Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme nominated for an MTV VMA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxvxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still voted a lot, despite the truth.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Um2 Reply with quote

-Solid Gold- wrote:
Go DDR!

Except it should have been Ultramix 2. Better songs. But then again this is MTV, so it's not like they care about good underground artists or what not.

Yeah, I second that. But it is really cool that one of the DDR games was nominated nonetheless.
View users profile Send private message
Kilroy(ZTC)
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTV are being whores to EA at the moment. Not to say that it isn't a good match. MTV sucks at music and EA sucks at video games. Here's some proof of my statement: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tfr/86869159.html
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Daggett
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least give it a chance and vote. Spread the word out.

Scripted winners or not, the entire community can make one hell of a dent with the voting.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if ddr wins think of all teh publicity it'll get there will be so many more newbz to the game (not that its a bad thing) but it may actually get so bad that ur ussually reserved arcade time (3-6) on player 2 pad is taken shocked.gif and most of all it would be annoying people thinking that they could "beat the game" when in reality they dont know how to play... but hey why dont the pro's show them how its done thats about the only good part but hey like thats ever going to happen....
xpguardian
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one else will vote for dance/techno when they have rap and rock soundtracks to choose from................................ the only votes that DDR will get are from DDR'rs and what few techno geeks are left in this nation. the rest of the teenage population will want rap and rock.

Helen Keller went to town riding on a pony, stuck a feather in her hat and called it eeerrrddddffgghthdghhghgerrrgh.
Dawgbowl
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wont win, Tony hawk underground will win.

The DDRfreak community is not larger then the Emo/Goth/Punk community that religiously watches MTV, Even if you could out vote them MTV would be like "now how is that gonna fly with our ratings" and just like that the winner is changed.

I HATE MTV, this is how it went down "Hey john, lets put DDR in the best video game soundtrack catagory just so we give people something pointless to talk about" "Yeah that'd be so (word of the week)"

VH1 = 50 most awesomely bad songs ever = The greatest 2-5 hours of my life.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THUG2 will definitely win, even though I use custom soundtracks when I play.

Think of this, though. DDR shouldn't win, but the nomination video should include footage of people playing in arcades, REALLY hardcore-like. That way, you go from a group of guys sitting around on a couch, then someone dancing really hardcore to DDR, then back to couch-boys, and nobody will know what to think. The celebrities won't know what hit them. People will be like, "How could that came not win?! Look at the energy! THE ENERGY!". And maybe if we're lucky, when Bam goes up to accept an award for music he probably had no part in picking out, people will riot and throw something at him.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
RTP!
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People havent even listened to the REAL DDR Extreme soundtrack. (Just that crappy promo one) and if they did they should bow. And THUG is the worst thing to happen to one of my favorite games.
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddRidethePig! wrote:
People havent even listened to the REAL DDR Extreme soundtrack. (Just that crappy promo one) and if they did they should bow. And THUG is the worst thing to happen to one of my favorite games.

Correction THUG 1 was alright, not as good as the previous 4 but still decent. THUG 2 Was absolutely the worst tony hawk game ever made I couldnt stand playing it more then a few days before I just gave up trying to like it.
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, i bet you that instead of hardcore players they are going to get a famous person to play on light and everyone is going to be like wow what a gay buttocks game but if they did have someone playing psmo everybody would be like awesome yo. But mtv is an buttocks so they will probably ruin it for everyone.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
otakullama
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think an army of people AAAing PSMO is going to make DDR look any more hardcore. Sure, it might impress the 9 year olds watching MTV at the time but the other 90% of the viewers aren't going to be impressed by a bunch of lanky japanophile dorks pounding their feet really fast. erm.gif
Canaduh
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

otakullama wrote:
I don't think an army of people AAAing PSMO is going to make DDR look any more hardcore. Sure, it might impress the 9 year olds watching MTV at the time but the other 90% of the viewers aren't going to be impressed by a bunch of lanky japanophile dorks pounding their feet really fast. erm.gif

Exactly. alot of the people who watch MTV and are anti DDR, are usually those kind of ppl who are very stubborn and close minded. Im not saying all MTV viewres are like this, but alot are. Ive tried to convert 6 or 7, and only 1 tried it, and he didnt stick with it too long.
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's lame that they included only games with licensed music. The category should be best game soundtrack or score, so they can recognize games with only original music.

I think DDR Extreme SHOULDN'T win anyway. As it is, it's almost universally considered the worst DDR musically and Konami didn't even front the cash to score the original artist's performance for the few ****ty pop tracks it does have. I'm all for DDR getting more exposure, but if had a choice between listening to Extreme's soundtrack and the soundtrack of the other nominees, I'm pretty certain I'd prefer the others.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
MAAAX_himself
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted like 20 times thumb.gif..........I hate the screenshot
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is with a song like LoM on the soundtrack that most people wouldn't even consider music, why would anyon except someone who plays the game even consider it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not always true though. Look at MaxX Unlimited, it's in the same "Hardcore Techno" whatever the hell that is genre that LOM is in, but yet Naoki used the bass line in Sakura.

I doubt most people would focus on LOM when there's stuff like V (for Extreme), Simply Being Loved, and Music on there.
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zajitarrius wrote:
That's not always true though. Look at MaxX Unlimited, it's in the same "Hardcore Techno" whatever the hell that is genre that LOM is in, but yet Naoki used the bass line in Sakura.

I doubt most people would focus on LOM when there's stuff like V (for Extreme), Simply Being Loved, and Music on there.

I wouln't call an Max hardcore techno. They have no depth, they all sound like they were made just to be fast and fo ddr.

And it's not only MTV kids who are closed minded, but most of the world. Anyone who hasn't played will usually just suck at it then hate it because they suck so much.
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if DDR does win, I wonder who will accept the award: Naoki, Jason Enos, a BeForU member (probably Riyu)?
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgbowl wrote:
it wont win, Tony hawk underground will win.

The DDRfreak community is not larger then the Emo/Goth/Punk community that religiously watches MTV, Even if you could out vote them MTV would be like "now how is that gonna fly with our ratings" and just like that the winner is changed.

I HATE MTV, this is how it went down "Hey john, lets put DDR in the best video game soundtrack catagory just so we give people something pointless to talk about" "Yeah that'd be so (word of the week)"

VH1 = 50 most awesomely bad songs ever = The greatest 2-5 hours of my life.

*claps*

Yeah, that's pretty cool, but DDR doesn't stand a chance. Damn you Tony Hawk, you win everything. frust.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: