Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

In The Groove: Road Rally
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: In The Groove: Road Rally Reply with quote

Roxor Games has begun their In The Groove 2005 Road Rally!

The premise is simple. Get yourself and a team (recommended size: 3 participants) and participate in as many of the eight (8) total events as possible.

The winners and runners up (excluding the 'Most Hardcore ITG Freak') prizes will include various ITG swag along the lines of ITG2 posters, Megamix CDs, signed copies of In The Groove for the Playstation 2, and more.
Trophies and even a few larger prizes are at stake. See the prizes page for further details.

Some of the events are as simple as the most locations your team plays on, or the total distance traveled (measured in miles, use Google Maps or similar products to assist if necessary). Other events require you to be the best by having the best marathon score (see the events page for full details) on specific courses, or the best Freestyle on any given song.

If you haven't already, get together and organize your team. Please be sure to read the Rules & Regulations as there are limits on who exactly can be on a team together.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
arnoct
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl, what an awesome idea...

Although, I think if you go on a roadtrip JUST to play itg (or any video game for that matter,) something must be a little wrong with you...

/robodex two thousand and five
/#bemani on irc.dynastynet.net -- talk about bemani stuff.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
xpguardian
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people travel across the US to play baseball and basketball dont they? no one says something is wrong with them. so why is it so wrong for people to travel across the US to play ITG?

Helen Keller went to town riding on a pony, stuck a feather in her hat and called it eeerrrddddffgghthdghhghgerrrgh.
View users profile Send private message
Xayro
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the screwed up american system sees things wrong with dancing games but all the weird drunk idiots of america don't see anything wrong with people being gay with a ball.

And yeah... RoXoR found another way for us to lose money, instead of just playing ITG lol.

Anyone who wins this, really really really, likes ITG.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Dacquin
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause we'd rather go across the country playing DDR.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team BluR has entered the fray! biggrin.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DJ_QUACKQUACK
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although i try to be A "DDR purist", I think that this idea actually seems very VERY fun, heh, and if i could drive cross country for this event, I'd so love to do it.

Maybe ITG isn't so bad at all E15.gif
Plaguefox
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

7. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you all know, there's more to this than travelling as far as you can! Quite a few locations across the US have several In The Groove games, just by visiting the In The Grooves local to you your team could score some swag and maybe some bigger prizes.

And then there's the "Best Freestyle" and "Best Costume" contests -- I know the creativity is out there to make this happen. If you don't want to travel at all you can sign up, ignore the "Most Locations" event, and pour some creative juice into a funky DJ Party freestyle or a "That Sound Girl" costume.

It's true, there are prizes to be won for doing lots of travelling! But this competition has quite a few other "events" worth checking out. Give it a shot. E7.gif
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plaguefox wrote:
And then there's the "Best Freestyle" and "Best Costume" contests -- I know the creativity is out there to make this happen. If you don't want to travel at all you can sign up, ignore the "Most Locations" event, and pour some creative juice into a funky DJ Party freestyle or a "That Sound Girl" costume.

...That's...a...girl?

...Makes me like the song even more. XD

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea... i know that i'd be in it.... but except the fact that they aren't coming to MI disgust.gif

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
001 MadStepz
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prizes for FS suck E2.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
John is OLD SCHOOL
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I've already travelled to NJ to play the Beta. Would that count? I know in the rules it says it has to be between 7/1-8/1. I played there in May.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IcyCool wrote:
Damn. I've already travelled to NJ to play the Beta. Would that count? I know in the rules it says it has to be between 7/1-8/1. I played there in May.

Is May between 7/1 and 8/1? Answer that question and your riddle will be solved! I won't just give away the answer because that would spoil the fun of figuring it out on your own, but if you get stumped, this site might give you some vital clues!
John is OLD SCHOOL
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of the rules. But I really don't want to go all the way back to Jersey to play that game again.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I suppose you should go to another arcade then. It doesn't count unless it's in that particular time period.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
foyboy21
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

15. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys looked at the prizes yet? Like TWO ROUND TRIP TICKETS TO VEGAS There are TONS of other prizes as well.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked into my living room to play..does that count as a roadtrip biggrin.gif. Team Oregon has some devious plans in the works....
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tobias Preener
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xpguardian wrote:
people travel across the US to play baseball and basketball dont they? no one says something is wrong with them. so why is it so wrong for people to travel across the US to play ITG?

because they get paid money

Brawl FC (PM me): 0989-1391-5541
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foyboy21 wrote:
Have you guys looked at the prizes yet? Like TWO ROUND TRIP TICKETS TO VEGAS There are TONS of other prizes as well.

The airline travel doesn't concern me that much. How can you beat free United Airlines first class or any class available on command? E10.gif

I'm only somewhat interested in the other prizes though. The Afterburner pad and extra v3 Ignitions interest me too. I could also eBay the autographed copies which is cool. The towel is practical too. biggrin.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
tempest6
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: The ITG Road Rally Contest!... Reply with quote

If I had enough money, time, transportation & support, I would have gone for this contest. But whoever wins the most ITG Arcade Locations contest, they have to go through CALIFORNIA! Is that a trip or what? Please reply, over! Thanks!

tempest6

p.s. Believe me, if I can go to 100+ DDR Arcade Locations in a month, so can you!...
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: