Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MTV plans to make music games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heavymaniac
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTV wasn't responsible for any of the poopy that went on to there program that was good. They produced some funny stuff but they were never involved with the making, especially Napoleon Dynamite, it was a low budget independant film that MTV made nationwide.

Lets just hope they team up with a good company and don't get involved with the making, just the funding.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
radicalfaith360
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTV is to music as KFC is to chicken.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
heavymaniac
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahah niiiiiiccceee
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
L.
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modded AAAs DON'T COUNT! wrote:

aaaaaaaaaaaaand that means?
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N'cha ~For Extreme~ wrote:

It means try Popeye's spicy chicken made up properly along with their Mashed Potatoes and Cajun gravy and you'll see KFC for how crappy it is.
Now onto my thoughts. This could potentially turn out to be a good thing. If these people get into a DDR clone made by MTV then end up migrating to DDR and really liking it and we ALSO see some people re-evaluate MTV then bonus. I also see the chance to convert people from the GARBAGE Hip-Hop they've been listening to on the mainstream, i.e. crap Rap CALLED Hip-Hop, over to Korean Hip-Hop like Eun Ji Won's "In Melody", Tashannie's "Caution" and so on. Seriously kids these days don't know what real Hip-Hop is, they're so use to listening to that garbage.
To the person that commented on legitimately popular songs some exist and it's a surprise. We all know about Outkast but the question is why was quality tolerated and encouraged, it's a mystery and I'm serious here quality like Outkast selling IS a mystery. There are others I'm sure but then there's the garbage so before all of you talking about MTV doing quality how about you question why Coco Lee didn't sell, why NO ONE, NO ONE has ever given Tasha aka Yoon Mirae aka T, a chance in the U.S. Then I can list J as another worthy person. "Crush Of Love" itself should give J a chance. ALL of these people were born in the U.S. and they had to go to other places to sell because they're Asian or mixed with Asian blood but they're still Asian American. Coco Lee is BIG in Taiwan, see HUGE, but her album didn't sell worth a damn. This album was good even if a cover one and showed the potential for her doing R&B.
Anyway I hope I've made my point throughly even if somewhat sloppy.
heavymaniac
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why NO ONE, NO ONE has ever given Tasha aka Yoon Mirae aka T,

Maybe its because she has three different names disgust.gif that leaves people confused man.
"have you ever listen to tasha?"
"You mean Yoon Mirae?"
"what? nah, you ever listen to T?"

"Nah, Check out Yoon..."
2dxzeus
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N'cha ~For Extreme~ wrote:

you see, there's one flaw with that argument. kfc has good chicken. mtv does a really crappy job with every game they produce. everyone remember the music generators? those things suck buttocks and they had a really shady development team make the games, so i really can't see how any of these games are actually going to a) be fun & b) have decent music.

if i'm wrong, it would be a nice treat, but after reading all the reviews and giving this all enough time to sink in, i'm still pretty certain these are going to be games in the $10 bin eventually.
Trick Member
Trick Member

107. PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I would like to see is a good stepfile for 'Lose Control' by Missy Elliot. But something tells me they wouldn't make a dance game E15.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey 'modded AAA's dont count'.... i guess you get your fair share of Lewis Black...

We dont know if this game is going to be good or not. Its probably just gonna be another mix of DDR, but speculation is worthless at this point. And as for everyone copying DDR.. they have to. What else can they do? Name a whole original thing thats still a dancing game that doesnt reflect DDR. ITG was as original as it could be with the arrow mods. Of course it was like DDR.. arrows scrolling into a box that you have to correspond with.

Whatever game MTV is making, it could be good or bad. I wont blame MTV for making a bad game because they know it will sell somewhat. Personally i dont want them to make a game, because i like the isolation of us dancers. If MTV made a dancing game, we wouldnt be unique anymore. People wouldnt be amazed. Crowds would decrease. Difficulty would decrease. Dancing would be just another thing. It wouldnt impress. No more girls from DDR. Ultimately... This is the apocalypse of all uniqueness that we still possess.
heavymaniac
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No more girls from DDR. "

First of all, DDR isn't really that impressive to girls. I have never gotten a girl based on how good I was, it can be impressive, but not in an attractive kind of way. I mean, it's basically how sweaty you could possibley become in the shortest amount of time.

Second of all, if MTV brought dancing games as a fad, MORE girls would get into the dancing games. They game will suck, they will be bad, then look accross the arcade and see people who are actually doing it well on ddr.

If anything, more chicks for us.
Danamaf
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, because dancing in the arcade will lose its novelty and become unimpressive. people would then just see us as another person that happens to be dancing on that pad like half the people nowadays do anyways.
Ebisumaru
Trick Member
Trick Member

111. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavymaniac wrote:
If anything, more chicks for us.

Shit, get a life.
View users profile Send private message
Danamaf
Trick Member
Trick Member

112. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt mean romantic attraction..its just kinda nice to have some girl come up to you and comliment you.
agent709 (orange)
Trick Member
Trick Member

113. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danamaf wrote:
no, because dancing in the arcade will lose its novelty and become unimpressive. people would then just see us as another person that happens to be dancing on that pad like half the people nowadays do anyways.

That may happen a few months after it comes out, assuming that people take a while to get to the difficult level and if it IS a dancing game.

Remember, DDR has been in the news and on TV and is still novelty to most of America. What makes any of us think that MTV could make it explode?
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because mtv is one of the most popular teen channels in the world and if they make a dancing game everyone will know about it and alot of people will play it. we wont be unique anymore. I, atleast, chericsh that uniqueness
heavymaniac
Trick Member
Trick Member

115. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people with lives generally dont commit themselves to online ddr forums nerd.gif

we even have nerd smileys! nerd.gif nerd.gif nerd.gif

so leave me alone! devil.gif nerd.gif devil.gif nerd.gif
Danamaf
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. its summer. its afternoom. whats wrong with the comp. your on as much as i am. so unless your gonna argue about the MTV dancing game, which this thread is about, dont make stupid posts and come and kiss my second set of cheeks.
Life
Trick Member
Trick Member

117. PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to add in my previous posts my thoughts on MTV Drumscape. I played it and WASN'T impressed in the least after I found out it's not at all like DM. Basically a song plays and you just drum to it, not SOME bad song selections but not great. Truthfully if you want AMERICAN Heavy Metal or Rock music like on DM but done RIGHT play NeoDrumX 2nd Mix. This game is made by a Korean company called Omicron and while it features a variety of K-Pop music stars, some you may notice from Pump such as Novasonic and Country Kko Kko(also on DDR), they do feature 80's Hard Rock and early Alternative notables such as Poison, Nirvana, Megadeth and so on. Sorry I can't remember them all off the top of my head but trust me they are FAR from the one's I just listed. You have Robert Palmer and Santana for some other's. Oh btw these tracks ARE hit tracks that you select from, not some stuff you're searching around one of the albums looking for.
Oh and as for Tasha I was just listing her Korean name as well, she's usually known by Tasha or T. On one track she did appear under the alias Gemini though which was the title of her 1.5 album.
E-Prime
Trick Member
Trick Member

118. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danamaf wrote:

Good god man, do you live in 2001 or something? Dancing games have long lost their 'novelty', mate, when they appear in a movie starring Lindsey Lohan.
agent709 (orange)
Trick Member
Trick Member

119. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was just garbage and should never be mentioned again.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: