Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG Song Censorship Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: ITG Song Censorship Thread Reply with quote

So, I'm sure everybody has discovered how much songs are censored.

Here's the list of what I've been able to find so far. Go ahead and add your own! It's fun!

Charlene - "sex", "drugs", "wine", "dark side" (huh?)
Torn - "naked"
ROM-eo & Juli8 - "sexy"
Land of the Rising Sun - Verse 2 is chopped quite poorly
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal - Boyfriend

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:
Normal - Boyfriend

Stupidest one in there.
View users profile Send private message
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:
Normal - Boyfriend

Wow. Just, wow.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think RO needs to explain themselves. The ESRB could've cared less and the highest the game could've gone was E10.
View users profile Send private message
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in my personal review, I don't buy the whole ESRB argument.

DDR Extreme has "Like a Virgin," then there's Highs Off You, a song with the word "fuck" in it (perhaps it's all about context, fucking somebody up is ok, but fucking somebody is not), "Wonderland" with way more suggestive lyrics than Normal and Torn combined.

Plus, WTF is with songs like Mouth and and Touch Me not being censored. Mouth's lyrics go well beyond "boyfriend," and "dark side."
Kyrandian
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouth is censored. They took out the word "salty". :O

If boyfriend is offensive, they should've censored some of the song titles too. Turn It On and Dreams Of Passion are very suggestive things to name songs am I right? The words "naked" and "sexy" aren't allowed, but "E-Rotic" is? :|

PA Theme got butched... and what did they do to No1 Nation. It sounds like they censored the GUITAR, and took out the first half of each line at the end. I've tried listening to the song outside the game and can't find anything offensive about those verses.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
xxxplizit Eta
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...does "Pure Hell" (Breaking Point in ITG before rampaging censorship complaints for the final product) count?
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...PA theme got hit HARD frown.gif

It almost makes it a challenge to PA that song now frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. The Whack-a-Mole line is the best part of the song.

I still think the censoring of Torn makes it sound even worse than it was to begin with. Now the chorus sounds like it says "I'm cold and I am shamed, lying chained by a whore."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha... at least they didn't pull a Pump it Up... which is remove all of the "offensive" songs... but then again PIUs "Offensive songs" needed to be removed because well... they were not on par with the rest of the songlist... so they needed to DIE! E4.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Original Z
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsuri wrote:
Haha... at least they didn't pull a Pump it Up... which is remove all of the "offensive" songs... but then again PIUs "Offensive songs" needed to be removed because well... they were not on par with the rest of the songlist... so they needed to DIE! E4.gif

Burning Krypt wuz 2 GANGSTA 4 y'all.

I actually liked that song, although I can understand why people would look down upon hearing racial slurs in an arcade game.

I BE BURNING KRYPT TIL I GET TIRED! BURNING MY KRYPT TILL I RETIRE! DON'T TRIP UP IN HERE, CUZ I'M ON FIRE!

HOW YOU LIKE THE PENETRATION OF THIS GRADE A HUMBLE? brotha MADE A FUMBLE! I'M IN THE SIX HUT WITH SIX BLUNTS AND brotha GOT RUMBLE!
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
YEAH

Last edited by Original Z on Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsuri wrote:
... which is remove all of the "offensive" songs...
I would rather have had them remove the PA Theme entirely than put in the completely screwed up crap job they did.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouth also got "Turn you inside out" edited in the 1st section of the song and in all choruses.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think censorship is sad. Does anyone know the official story behind this? Hopefully the next console ITG won't be so heavily inundated with replacement words and musical mutilations. Aka is pure as the artists original form.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the censorship, although utterly stupid, doesnt bother me too much. as long as there is some kind of noise, sound, or pitch to replace it so it doesnt disrupt the rhythm, its fine by me. listening to a lot of hip hop and stuff, a lot of censored versions just take out words and abruptly break up the rhythm. but when its replaced with sound effects or something that keeps the flow of the rhythm going, i could care less what they censor.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Torn censorship is dumb as ell and sounds awful.

I think they also changed Bubble Dancer up a little bit, i could of sworn it used to be "I'll give you a smack somewhere on your body" now it's more just her saying "on my body."
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAS wrote:
The Torn censorship is dumb as ell and sounds awful.

I think they also changed Bubble Dancer up a little bit, i could of sworn it used to be "I'll give you a smack somewhere on your body" now it's more just her saying "on my body."

Bubble Dancer's "Somewhere on your body" -> "Splashing on my body".

I think Normal may of been censored because it says something to the likes of their boyfriend's name is Eric, implying homosexuality. We all know how television shows automatically get a parental advisory if they talk about homosexuality or same sex marriage which I think is fucked up, but it could be the same.

Welcome to America folks. Welcome to America.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am a robot, a robo little robot" is the funniest thing ever.

Thanks, Roxor/Redoctane/whoever was responsible for this. You're awesome. k, thx, bye
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have already said, this is the doing of RedOctane. Chris Foy said it himself.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: