Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Loading times not ironed out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

20. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

321Star, shut up.

Oh, and for the record: http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/faq.php#10 and http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/faq.php#13. Then again, it's your responsibilty to have read that already.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so back on topic...

I don't think loading times should not be a problem according to the vids.

Yeah. -_-

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

321Star wrote:
so if i said people posting w/o immages was an annoyance then where does that leave you?

Your pic was completely unnecessary, so let's just drop this issue.

Was the ITG at e3 the final product?
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Special_ned
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when is anything at E3 final product? nobody likes loading times, so im sure that Roxxor is doing everything in thier power to shorten them. they still have time left, there is at least a week and a half left of may.
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special_ned wrote:
when is anything at E3 final product? nobody likes loading times, so im sure that Roxxor is doing everything in thier power to shorten them. they still have time left, there is at least a week and a half left of may.

That was the release version.
View users profile Send private message
321Star
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the point of the matter is unless you want to go back to cartriges which cost a fortune hecne N64 games way outshooting PS1 games at the time, you will have to deal with load, now the time you wait on PS2 to play most DDR mixes is around 2-3 mabye 4 seconds. will you notice the 10 seconds? most likely. after the next few go arounds though youll be so worked up you probably will thank the lord for the extra 6 seconds. Personally i think ITG home version is such a blessing ide wait 20 seconds for load times, of all things to be worried about a doubled time on load is one of the lesser things imo but to each his own
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if disabling the videos would reduce load time. (My guess is probably not. I have videos disabled for DDR at home.)
runwithscizzors9
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, for those of you who played it, were you able to see the 4 bonus ITG2 songs?
321Star
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha (IIDX Style) wrote:
I wonder if disabling the videos would reduce load time. (My guess is probably not. I have videos disabled for DDR at home.)

im thinking not. from a software developers PoV (Myself) the way to disable vids is to load the vid and just not play it hecne all youde see if the first frame in the vid. its simpler, not as effecient but simpler, than putting a whole new load ruleset, though we may be lucky. noone will know till the 24th at the earliers and probably Juneish
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

29. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had seen the bonus songs they would be announced already all over the internet, so no.

Also no Liquid Moon frown.gif

And stuff not being done at E3? What do you say to Donkey Konga 2, World of WarCraft, Guild Wars, Lego Star Wars, etc. etc. being at E3? Those are games you can buy on the shelf right now.
Staff Member
Staff Member

30. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJTyrant wrote:
If we had seen the bonus songs they would be announced already all over the internet, so no.

Is "Outer World" a bonus song? I saw the screen say "You have unlocked Outer World" after some guy play.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
nekura
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:
DJTyrant wrote:

Is "Outer World" a bonus song? I saw the screen say "You have unlocked Outer World" after some guy play.

Outer World is one of the new marathon courses.
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get to unlock marathon courses? Yay. I'm a happy man.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can unlock marathons via playing songs right? I hope it's not like DDREx US' unlock system where you had to unlock songs by playing songs, courses by playing courses, and onis by playing onis.

I just like playing the song (dance mode) moreso than marathons. I only play marathons when I'm bored.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the loading time issue, I heard on ITGFreak that there might've been issues with the background videos slowing down during gameplay, I hope that there won't be gameplay problems.

I'm still a bit concerned and really question how much of an improvement a pressed disc versus a burned disc will have on loading times. disturb.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: