Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR vs. ITG
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigWanger4Life
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: DDR vs. ITG Reply with quote

Why do so many DDR players hate ITG and ITG players hate ddr???
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because people like being judgemental and making everything black and white. "If DDR (or ItG) is 'good' then ItG (or DDR) must be 'bad'!" Highlander, "there can be only one" and all that.

I play both, and think they're both awesome.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched the ITG vids, and I can tell u that I will be playing and LOVING both when ITG comes out 4 PS2. However, i am still guilty of the "there can be only one" rule... I hate PIU.
DDRGerbil
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dancefreak8 wrote:
...when ITG comes out 4 PS2...

I dunno if it'll still come out because of the lawsuit. I think it would be fun to have the arrow scheme with triples and quads though.

I can imagine me finishing a song with a quad and scream, "I'm Spiderman, Biotch!!!"
iamstorm
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just as much fun on ITG as I do with DDR and vice-versa. I'm hoping we can have both, I'd be perfectly fine with that.
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRGerbil wrote:

I dunno if it'll still come out because of the lawsuit.

Uh, the lawsuit almost certain won't affect the home release...but that is for a different thread. I like both, but for a long while, extreme was so old and stale because i'd played everything so many times..now i can play both and be happy
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tortoise
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dancefreak8 wrote:
I hate PIU.

Pump is far superior to DDR. Pretty much anyone who disagrees is someone who hasn't played a recent version of Pump. Not to say DDR is worthless, it's still a great game in its own right.

I'm really looking forward to ITG and really want to like it, but uh, they gotta get the damn game released first E2.gif
View users profile Send private message
Alezay
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: DDR vs. ITG Reply with quote

BigWanger4Life wrote:
Why do so many DDR players hate ITG and ITG players hate ddr???

1.) Most DDR players that don't like ITG are DDR fanboys and aren't very open minded. OR they just can't handle the new difficulty that ITG brings to dance games.

2.) Most ITG players (if not all) were DDR players at some point looking for something more because DDR was too easy.

3.) ITG players don't really hate DDR, but are just tired of more of the same for the past 2 years.

This vs. situation between DDR and ITG has been done to death. Just let it go. Play both and find which you like better. Or you may like them both equally. Just play and stop debating which is better. It's all opinion.

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
TCBCR.Toastercookie
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pump is far superior to DDR. Pretty much anyone who disagrees is someone who hasn't played a recent version of Pump.

This is your opinion. I don't like pump because I dislike most if now all of the music, the interface isn't very good, and the machines feel cheap compared to ddr machines. Yes, I have played Pump Exceed, and no, I really didn't like it at all. A good number of people share this general opinion with me. You shouldn't make generalizations.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alezay, I agree very strongly with your post.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only logical reason to hate itg if you like ddr is if you hate itg's music. simply because ddr and itg are the same exact concept
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Kyrandian
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEH TOAST (cookie mix) wrote:
the interface isn't very good, and the machines feel cheap compared to ddr machines.
Could you elaborate on these two points. The interface isn't as intuitive as DDR's but looks nicer than that of any other dance game out there. DX/GX cabinets make DDR machines look and feel cheap.

I like DDR and ITG, but I don't play much DDR anymore since I'm tired of the same old music and getting nothing but perfects. I still appreciate DDR, but ITG is what I've always wanted out of a dance game so I don't think I'll ever play one or the other exclusively. I'd rather play Pump Exceed 1/2 than ITG1, but ITG2 is (IMHO) going to be the greatest dance game ever made.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
tortoise
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrandian wrote:
Could you elaborate on these two points. The interface isn't as intuitive as DDR's but looks nicer than that of any other dance game out there.

I agree, Pump's interface is quite poor. I've yet to see a beginner get up there and successfully figure out how to get to a decent beginner's mode/song. I've even seen veteran players helping beginners and the interface is so poor they still lead to something they dont want (suddenly one of the player steps on an arrow right before they push the center pad and they select ExtraExpert or something)
View users profile Send private message
Alezay
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did play pump one time in Vegas. I did well. I don't like it though. It's not really hard to figure certain things out but I still like DDR and ITG better.

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Disconnected airSpirit
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG > Pump > DDR.

I figured out Pump pretty much instantly and loved it. :/

all of them rock and we have them all (relatively) locally, so I'm not really debating. I love 'em.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

15. PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnected airSpirit wrote:
ITG > Pump > DDR.

I figured out Pump pretty much instantly and loved it. :/

all of them rock and we have them all (relatively) locally, so I'm not really debating. I love 'em.
We have them all in the same arcade ;D.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
FUNKMASTER FLIP
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update this website as DDR & ITG freak.com. I haven't played ITG yet but I'll be willing to (if I have time in my hands).

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Soda
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer ITG to DDR, mostly because of Expert mode. A lot of the best players have just as much if not more fun on easy songs, but not me. I just don't find easy songs enjoyable. The only easy songs I still play are Breakdown Standard (BEST. STANDARD SONG. EVER.), Look to the Sky True Color Heavy, Cowgirl Heavy, and The Shining Polaris Heavy. Expert mode offers stepcharts that often match or compliment the songs better than Heavy charts in DDR, and they ofer more challenge.

Plus, Extreme is 3 years old and I'm sick of it.

As for PIU, the only machine I have is old as frick and has like 10 songs total. Also, it's at a place called "Skate World", at which the sound is completely blocked out by stuff like The Village People, Lil John, and Simple Plan. Oh, and the pads suck. Probably has something to do with the DAMNED frick LITTLE BASTARD CHILDREN OF SATAN THAT EVEN AFTER SPENDING THIRTEEN YEARS ON THIS EARTH STILL THINK IT'S FUNNY TO PUT KETCHUP PACKETS AND ICE CUBES ON THE frick PAD DURING PLAY.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Shippo
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soda wrote:
I prefer ITG to DDR, mostly because of Expert mode... I just don't find easy songs enjoyable.... Expert mode offers stepcharts that often match or compliment the songs better than Heavy charts in DDR, and they ofer more challenge...
Plus, Extreme is 3 years old and I'm sick of it.

yes is the exact reason as to why I like ITG better!

Soda wrote:
....the DAMNED frick LITTLE BASTARD CHILDREN OF SATAN THAT EVEN AFTER SPENDING THIRTEEN YEARS ON THIS EARTH STILL THINK IT'S FUNNY TO PUT KETCHUP PACKETS AND ICE CUBES ON THE frick PAD DURING PLAY.

LOL
I love those little devils sweat.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FKK.Carrot
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR vs. ITG Reply with quote

Alezay wrote:
3.) ITG players don't really hate DDR, but are just tired of more of the same for the past 2 years.

Yes, that is perty much the reason why I switched to ITG (Besides the face the arcade I go to, installed ITG instead of DDR riiight.gif ). Don't get me wrong they are both totally awesome games, but after playing the same songs over and over again, something new was cool. Also I hope in the near future Konami will release another mix of DDR, they would get a load of people to play it.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: