Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Beatmania announced for the US
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Beatmania announced for the US Reply with quote

Although not many details were released beyond the announcement via the Press Release, Konami will be showcasing the game at this years E3. The press release states that the game will "feature more than 50 club tracks, including, pop, techno, drum 'n bass, trance and house, and includes exclusive songs from some of the hottest DJs and remixers in the scene."

As always, DDR Freak will be posting new articles and songlist from E3 daily, so stay tuned. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Superstar Player
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing to happen in U.S. Bemani since DDR in my opinion.

Over 50 songs is a good start, and even better is giving old 5 key songs new IIDX notecharts. But I hope not too many make it.

Too bad we have to wait until 2006 for it. Then again, it seems like near the end of a systems life most of the time, we get great games to make that system go out with a bang.
View users profile Send private message
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:

Too bad we have to wait until 2006 for it.

AW F***.
N.N.T. Barton '1080 ~IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no IIDX? the interface looks like that of 9th style
http://www.konami.com/gs/beatmania/#
odd...

PRIMARY VIVID NNTB beatmaniaIIDX Ver.012
The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
myuglybunny
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like IIDX to me... look at the box art.

View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
zerob16
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick Question. Should I actually wait for this game or should I go ahead and get the Japanese styles?
Superstar Player
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zerob16 wrote:
A quick Question. Should I actually wait for this game or should I go ahead and get the Japanese styles?

Get a JP version or 2 now, since it's going to be a while until the U.S. version comes out, if you can save enough money. But you should probably get the U.S. version eventually, to support the series here.

I might get it, for the brand new songs that I hope come out and maybe to get a good deal on another IIDX controller and start playing doubles.
midnightclub x
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for this day to come.
all i can say is THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
zerob16
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:
zerob16 wrote:

Get a JP version or 2 now, since it's going to be a while until the U.S. version comes out, if you can save enough money. But you should probably get the U.S. version eventually, to support the series here.

That's totally understandable.
rmz
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ N.N.T. Barton~IIDX'RED wrote:
no IIDX? the interface looks like that of 9th style
odd...

Why would they name it "Beatmania IIDX" when there was no Beatmania 1 to begin with? You can't have a "two" of something without an original. Hence the plain old "Beatmania" title.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its 7 key but its not called IIDX for the reaon alreay dnamed

current known song list

Dancin into the Night
Nothin ain't stopping us
In my eyes
The Shining Polaris
I was the One
PARANOiA MAX ~Dirty Mix~
La Bossanova de Fabienne
METAL GEAR SOLID Main Theme
OVERBLAST!!
HUNTING FOR YOU
Dancing Into The Night - good-cool
Nothing Ain't Stopping Us - good-cool
in my eyes - ric?
The Shining Polaris - L.E.D. feat Sana
I Was The One - good-cool
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That songlist is looking great so far. Many of the classic good-cool songs seem to be in place.

zerob16, if you are going to take the plunge into IIDX now, I suggest beginning with 6th or 7th style and then getting 3rd style (easy enough to find used for relatively cheap). 6th and 7th have good Beginner's modes, lots of great songs, and large songlishts (69 and 90 respectively). 3rd has a LOT more 7Key songs that are in the low to mid difficulty range which will help you transition much more easily into 7Key once you have cleared most of Light7. The later styles all start skewing the difficulty curve further towards 7's and 7*'s as the majority of the 7Key songlist, which can be very frustrating for newcomers. Definately, stick with it for a few weeks and you'll suddenly find yourself clearing things a lot more easily and really having a blast. Good luck!

By the way, I suspect that 5Key mode will NOT make the cut in the US. Just the same as most of the US has no idea of the history of beatmania and therefore wouldn't understand the IIDX part of the title, there would be little use for a mode that caters to people who only own the old style beatmania 5Key controler since there IS no 5Key controler or 5Key CS beatmania in the US. US players wouldn't be waxing nostalgic for a game mode they never really had (outside of the flop that was Hiphop Mania in the arcades).
Farren
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the screenshots that I've seen so far have been in 5-key mode. It'll probably be in there as an easier alternative for those who can't handle proper 7-key play, rather than for those who don't have the proper controller. Although I suspect that 5-key would be a lot easier to handle for people who don't have *any* Beatmania controller and are forced to play on a Dualshock ... <shudder>
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
CatchyPhraseOwen
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've been playing any other recent Bemani games, you'll probably hate the interface on any of the PS2 games except 9th. It'd be cheaper to wait until the US release to get a controller, but try and get 9th Style and a KOC, it'd be worth it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman Jake wrote:
That songlist is looking great so far. Many of the classic good-cool songs seem to be in place.

I second that... E4.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that Konami will do their absolute best to balance every genre style. I wouldn't be surprised if I see another good-cool song to round out the list even more (19, November? Blown my Heart Away?).
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to say that I'm not excited but, I do hope they put at least one or two 8+s in the game to balance the level of skill between us more seasoned players. Like third style:

There's 5.1.1 L7 and Holic another. Then there's everything else in between.

Even if this does become an easy-as-hell installment in the IIDX series, I would hope they put something on such as official internet ranking. I mean, I'm already a VJ ARMY player but I think an exclusive to the top 10 or 15 players in the US would be pretty sweet.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggett wrote:
I have a feeling that Konami will do their absolute best to balance every genre style. I wouldn't be surprised if I see another good-cool song to round out the list even more (19, November? Blown my Heart Away?).

My vote definately goes to 19,November. And good call on the 5Keys screenshots, Farren. I totally overlooked that earlier, basically because I was most focused on the song select screenshots. Personally, I've NEVER seen the value of 5Key beyond making Beatmania (I) veterans happy. It's a WEIRD step in between Light7 and 7Key, and one that's not very useful. You can jump right up from L7 to the easier 7K songs and go from there without ever touching 5Keys. I think it's going to end up screwing up some newcomers more than helping them. I wonder if Beatmania US will actually feature score tracking for 5Key? It never has before in all the Japanese CS styles, as far as I know.
Mimehater
Basic Member
Basic Member

18. PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot even put into words how awesomely happy this makes me...
Stupidydo: He has more.
CHUCK BASS
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream's do come true.... laugh.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: