Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Open letter to fans from ITG Producer
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disconnected airSpirit
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heffenfeffer wrote:
airSpirits on the Run wrote:
Kyrandian wrote:
Caffywhompus wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:
why am i buying this game again....?

For the 4 locked ITG2 songs E13.gif

To support Roxor/ITG.

I'll do that by playing it in the arcade a bunch.

This letter has made me make my final decision to burn it instead of legitimately buying it.

Hey now - playing it in the arcade isn't monetarily supporting RoXor at all. Once they've sold the kit, it's the arcade owners, not RoXor, making money off your quarters.

I don't understand why you're refusing to buy a game you're excited about due to one missing feature.

Because the only thing appealing about the home version is easy edit making and being able to get scores on weekends, neither of which I can do due to lack of USB support.

I'll buy ITG2.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

21. PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
hell, i have stepping selection, which is by far one of the worst music games ever made.
Sorry. But MC Dance Groove took that title.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VxJasonxV wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:
hell, i have stepping selection, which is by far one of the worst music games ever made.
Hey, he said "one of." That means multiple games can hold that title.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably so the kiddies couldn't name their edits nasty curse words then make them appear in the arcade! Since apparently the word "Drunk" is enough to offend someone these days, warranting a post-gold revision.

(Random trivia for those unaware: ITG kits that shipped out after a certain period had the mod "Drunk" changed to "Drift" and the course "Pure Hell" changed to "Breaking Point".)
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

24. PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
VxJasonxV wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:
Hey, he said "one of." That means multiple games can hold that title.
Point taken.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
billyjr82
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerk wrote:
(Random trivia for those unaware: ITG kits that shipped out after a certain period had the mod "Drunk" changed to "Drift" and the course "Pure Hell" changed to "Breaking Point".)

And Tipsy changed to Float

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Miryokuteki
Basic Member
Basic Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plaguefox wrote:
Kevin, you're in there. E1.gif

E7.gif That just made my day.. Sadly, I didn't notice this news until just now. Darn, now I gotta go buy a copy when it comes out for my non-working PS2.. lol
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerk wrote:
It was probably so the kiddies couldn't name their edits nasty curse words then make them appear in the arcade! Since apparently the word "Drunk" is enough to offend someone these days, warranting a post-gold revision.[/i]

Actually, I heard elsewhere from a semi-reliable source that it was problems with the USB driver (which so far only GT4 uses) which couldn't be resolved in time for the final deadline. Hence why they said they fully expect to see edit mode back in ITG2. It wouldn't make sense for them to say that if they removed it to stop step pirating and course renaming.

Which would you rather have, no edit mode but people just use Stepmania anyway like everyone blatently does now, or a faulty edit mode which (for example) wiped people's scores half the time and caused rage amongst 90% of ITG's playerbase? E10.gif
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: