Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New Calculator DDR!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[ES] GARYsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

confused.gif Yeah, uh...X86? laugh.gif
All I know is how to do ASM for my calculator. If you wanna see the differences, browse TICalc for information.

Oh, and I really could make the number buttons usable. However, the directional buttons are linked to each other in a way that is is very easy to read button presses. A more complex code would be needed for the number buttons, and because of my limited experience with interrupts, that could be deadly. laugh.gif Since this is the very first time I'm releasing it, it won't be as perfect as you guys might hope. Things like mods, edit mode, and maybe even solo will come out in future versions, and since I won't have to make the entire code from scratch like I'm doing now, improvements might not take so long. E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
veladonna
Basic Member
Basic Member

81. PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats all right take your time nerd.gif

will love give you wings to heaven?
or weigh you down to hell?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
FFMMCLXIV
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veladonna wrote:
thats all right take your time nerd.gif

Yes, just about everyone I know (except me) has a fancy TI and they would love this. I won't tell them until you're done, so they won't bug me. E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
neomang5
Basic Member
Basic Member

83. PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif Dude, you are my hero!
I had a pissant little ddr game on my 83+ that had no difficulty mods, just speed, and the timing was crap.
I havent seen how yours will be, but from the time and effort going into it i know itll be great!
Also, im so glad youre using actual stepcharts.
Finally, i have something to do in calculus.

aw dame. you made me buy all this material for notthing! du ma! o well. im rich. i could afford ne thing. mayb i shoould js buy the machine. tearz ;(
ne wais it was fun buying. peace outside durty poopz.

!~NORTHNORTH SIDE~!

^DDR Moron
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
[ES] GARYsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

84. PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get online and see that I have a new e-mail. I look and it tells me I have a new post on the topic of "New Calculator DDR!". I freak out and think that somebody is complaining that I haven't finished it yet. I'm happy it's a compliment! laugh.gif

When do you guys go back to school? I want to see how much time I have left. Hopefully it is enough for me to get a really fancy high score section working. E13.gif

And yes, neomang5, this is the best DDR ever, well, until my next version comes out. E15.gif

Now that I have been reminded of the topic on the forums, I think I might make a little animated gif to show exactly how nice this will look. I don't feel like programming today anyway. laugh.gif

Oh, I forgot to say, I calculated some timing things that I think you may find interesting. I found the size of the perfect window and stuff. However, the perfect window is based on frames, and the frame rate chenges from as high as 64 to as low as 25 per second. On the fastest song, MaxX Unlimited, the window widths are given in seconds away from absolute perfect then in total width of the window:

Perfect: 0.015625, 0.03125
Great: 0.03125, 0.0625
Good: 0.046875, 0.09375
Almost: 0.0625, 0.125
Miss: Greater than 0.0625, ∞

On the slowest song, Silent Hill:

Perfect: 0.04, 0.08
Great: 0.08, 0.16
Good: 0.12, 0.24
Almost: 0.16, 0.32
Miss: Greater than 0.16, ∞

I hope somebody can provide the real window sizes so I can compare. If it isn't between these two, then I might have to change them.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DX Manaic
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin forward to this...megaman and phoneix got mad boring. laugh.gif

Get it before august 30th and I will be a happy camper.
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i go back Aug 8th...No rush, tho. i can wait a while to fail Calculus...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
swbluto
Trick Member
Trick Member

87. PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have been covered in the last 5 pages, but I was wondering.. How is the music going to be implemented? Is it going to be through the TI link jack, and then headphones are going to be used, or do we have to provide our own tunes? Just curious..
View users profile Send private message
[ES] GARYsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but there will not be sound. Actually, there are very many good reasons for it too:

Sound is way to complicated to program for me, specifically music
The music would likely take up the memory on your calculator 10 times over
Finding headphones that fit in the link port is nearly impossible

If you want to provide your own music, that probably won't work either because calculators vary in speed and my programming will not be perfect, but close enough to play and have the song feel at it's normal speed. nerd.gif
gameboyguy13
Trick Member
Trick Member

89. PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, I don't think TIs can generate music. E10.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[ES] GARYsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it can. You know how the Nintendo had like 8 bit sound, well the calculator can only have 2 bit sound. laugh.gif All I can say is that it would be the lowest quality music ever.
gameboyguy13
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Emo Squad] GARYsurvivor wrote:
Actually it can. You know how the Nintendo had like 8 bit sound, well the calculator can only have 2 bit sound. laugh.gif All I can say is that it would be the lowest quality music ever.

... How would it work? Like someone said before, converting link jack to 1/8 in stereo or something?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eaglefan101
Trick Member
Trick Member

92. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed this! Im going to buy an expensive calculator now! riiight.gif

Yeah this is the end of my sig. You can stop reading it now.
Ryudori
Trick Member
Trick Member

93. PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a good reason to buy a graphing calculator...can't wait until this is finished. Great idea! E4.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

94. PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought of something... Where are you going to host it?
Is it going to have a bandwidth limit, or will it just be free-sharing?
Or even stranger, will you direct link with someone who wants it and transfer that way?
because there seems to be a damn big demand for this now! E4.gif

aw dame. you made me buy all this material for notthing! du ma! o well. im rich. i could afford ne thing. mayb i shoould js buy the machine. tearz ;(

!~NORTHNORTH SIDE~!

^DDR Moron
Nightime
Trick Member
Trick Member

95. PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ES] GARYsurvivor wrote:
I hope somebody can provide the real window sizes so I can compare. If it isn't between these two, then I might have to change them.

I think the window is based on actual millisec's, not frames. Hence why faster-tempo songs "appear" to give a bigger perfect window- the timing difference is the same, but the arrows scroll further (safely) from the "step zone".

While I don't know the exact figures, the ones most simus use are like these:

M!! = 0.05 ms (aka "the Tight Perfect")
P!! = 0.1 ms
G! = 0.15 ms
g = 0.25 ms
B = 0.5 ms (or is it 0.4?)
M = ~

Important consideration before attempting certain songs (MaxX UN being one of those; that I noticed from your list), does it support temposhifts and stops? (...and are those giving you any grief yet?)
[ES] GARYsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neomang5 wrote:
I just thought of something... Where are you going to host it?
Is it going to have a bandwidth limit, or will it just be free-sharing?
Or even stranger, will you direct link with someone who wants it and transfer that way?
because there seems to be a damn big demand for this now! E4.gif

You don't have to worry about that...
Nightime wrote:
[ES] GARYsurvivor wrote:

I think the window is based on actual millisec's, not frames. Hence why faster-tempo songs "appear" to give a bigger perfect window- the timing difference is the same, but the arrows scroll further (safely) from the "step zone".

While I don't know the exact figures, the ones most simus use are like these:

M!! = 0.05 ms (aka "the Tight Perfect")
P!! = 0.1 ms
G! = 0.15 ms
g = 0.25 ms
B = 0.5 ms (or is it 0.4?)
M = ~

Important consideration before attempting certain songs (MaxX UN being one of those; that I noticed from your list), does it support temposhifts and stops? (...and are those giving you any grief yet?)

I know that DDR is based of seconds or whatever, but making mine based on frames is simply much easier. And from the looks of it, my windows sizes aren't all that bad. And yes, speed changes are giving me grief. Same thing goes for freezes. Because of that, I was seriously considering removing all the songs I have and basing this version off the 1st Mix of DDR. I could then make each new version based off of the other mixes. However, I don't think that would make all of you guys very happy, so I'll try to get EVERHTHING (ugh...) working befoore I start getting hate mail! biggrin.gif
gameboyguy13
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try just getting rid of songs with tempo changes, and altering freezes... I don't know, just a suggestion. :)
neomang5
Basic Member
Basic Member

98. PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax!
Anyone who sends hatemail can go piss off, because youre doing your damndest to please us, and they arent doing jack poopy.
Just take your time, and get it to where you think it needs to be.

!~NORTHNORTH SIDE~!

^DDR Moron
mavrik_055
Trick Member
Trick Member

99. PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, all the people complaining of length of time should just remember that the longer you take, the better the end product will be.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: