Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Song length and difficulty

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Libra
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Song length and difficulty Reply with quote

I was wondering if having longer songs in this game makes it more difficult to play than DDR? I'm looking at step charts for some of the songs and some of the 4 footers have well over 200 steps. Does that make it harder to do compared to a DDR 4 footer?
View users profile Send private message
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is just: Yes.

The primary thing is that makes everything alot more tiring. I remember playing ITG for the first time, Driving Force Classical was quite a workout. On DDR, it basically took Legend Road in order to get me tired about things. Not so on ITG, which required a lot more stamina, at least partially because of length.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it does. Common sense dictates that the longer you are up and stepping, the more tired you'll be. 30 extra seconds may not seem significant if you're playing the Novice or Easy levels, but 30 seconds on Hard or Expert certainly is.

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arctic Wolves
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same thing with DDR. Take a look at the 22DUNK or DEEP IN YOU stepcharts. Those songs are barely over a minute long, but are rated 8 footers. Now, check out the KI-SE-KI stepchart. Longer song, still an 8, but way, way more steps. Longer songs simply will have more steps, and with an average of 2 minutes per song, it's extremely likely that a 7 will break 300-400 steps, easily.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, on the hard and expert levels 9s get me tired after repetitive play. On DDR it took me one or two 10s to get tired after repetitive play.

The song is roughly 1:50 to 2:10 whereas songs on DDR were 1:20 to 1:40 IIRC. That extra half a minute is definitely going to tire you out after repetitive play. This is especially true on hard/expert difficulties.

I'm glad that ITG is longer and harder though. I have trouble with my stamina and often times give up too easily when the bar is not even dead yet. It's giving me a slight boost on my stamina and helping me work with that which is quite awesome.

Now if I could only stop playing C500 and bar raping. =/ They need C600 for all the lame songs that I hate! :O

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:
They need C600 for all the lame songs that I hate! :O

<3 <3 <3 <3
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that ITG2 will let you create your own custom C mod and other mod.

Like I'd want 3.5x and C600.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: