Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Watch IGN.com's In The Groove Producer Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Q
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, cory and travis are right. You are an idiot kid. D2R is THE SINGULAR worst synced song in any dancing game EVER. Its about a 32nd note late....... seriously, nothing you say means anything to me after you saying that D2R is perfectly synced.... and I am going to say you are an unskilled player. Stop trying anything cause you will always fail and go stab yourself in the throat.

I think in general all the songs in ITG are synced better than DDR. Just because the visual aspect of the fantastic is a little later than the perfect doesn't mean its off sync. All the notes still go with the music. Whos to say DDRs window is exactly where the arrows should be when you hit them? In my opinion DDRs window is way too fcuking early.

Whats wrong with touch me? I think its a beautiful love song. The song is called touch me.... not stick your dick in between my legs and impregnate me.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsuri wrote:
Well from what I have played off it I just see it as DDR style music with PIU style steps on a DDR pad with mines... also some steps have the make no sense BPM changes.... well maybe just one but still it's there.... lol
BPM changes that make no sense to me:
Tough Enough doesn't speed up, it just gets louder.
The ending of VerTex sounds exactly like the 306 BPM portion before it.

That's about all that bothers me in terms of tempo changes and stops. Everything else follows the music quite well.

Also, there's a stop in Go 60 Go on ItG2 that seems really wrong to me... but I'd have to see/hear it in person rather than just a video to decide.
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymous tard wrote:
Yea, cory and travis are right. You are an idiot kid. D2R is THE SINGULAR worst synced song in any dancing game EVER. Its about a 32nd note late....... seriously, nothing you say means anything to me after you saying that D2R is perfectly synced.... and I am going to say you are an unskilled player. Stop trying anything cause you will always fail and go stab yourself in the throat.

I think in general all the songs in ITG are synced better than DDR. Just because the visual aspect of the fantastic is a little later than the perfect doesn't mean its off sync. All the notes still go with the music. Whos to say DDRs window is exactly where the arrows should be when you hit them? In my opinion DDRs window is way too fcuking early.

Whats wrong with touch me? I think its a beautiful love song. The song is called touch me.... not stick your dick in between my legs and impregnate me.

OK thanks now I know not to try the single worst dancing game ever in the world which is ITG. Hmm it's American music. Yeah American music my butt. And D2R is beautifully synced. Plus the song sounds better than any of the crap on ITG and it actually has doable steps for a home version. I think alot of people will die trying to play ITG at home. O BTW I'll go stab myself rite now.

I'm an affiliate for Play-Asia, click on banner for all of your BEMANI needs!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
I am not Justin Zych
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOMEONE BAN THIS FAGGOT
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

84. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I have a mind to think for myself.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

85. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. DDRNemesis. Next time you go to an arcade and actually play extreme, play these three songs in this order.
Hyper Eurobeat (about as early as ddr gets)
Look to the Sky True Color Mix (or another dead on song, someone correct me with a better one if you have any)
D2R

The second song that you play should be "on" the beat and done correctly. Playing in this order, you will feel yourself stepping later and later for every single song. If you don't then either a) you're not adjusting and getting crappy scores or b) you aren't skilled enough to notice the difference in timing.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRNemesis wrote:
And D2R is beautifully synced.

I think I'm going to go stab my eyes out with forks.
View users profile Send private message
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

87. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go to the arcade I'll play what songs I wanna play. I don't care if a song is considered offsync has the worst steps possible. If I like the music I will play it. I don't care about crazy steps. The music is the really only important thing to me. I like LittleBitch and yes i know that is offsync but I'm not trying for AAA nor do I wanna try for one either. And in my opinion I do think ITG is offsync and I do not like the songs on it. Maybe if you know they added a little more stuff I've actually heard of I would like it more. I like J-pop and I like Eurobeat and that is why I prefer DDR over ITG. Plus I like playing songs in my niche 7-8-9.

Edit: lol I just figured out that I have never played on a good DDR Extreme machine. The one I play on screen is way messed up. Maybe that could effect the syncing.

LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

88. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of songs from 7-9 feet in difficulty, a couple of the 7s even have hands in them. Some people might not like ITG because 7-9 usually isn't even the highest difficulty of that song. Yes, ITG feels *slightly* late compared to DDR (which is early for the most part), with exceptions (Hybrid), but as a whole ITG feels more on sync to alot of people I know that have played both then DDR does.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

89. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so the problem is NOT that ITG's off sync.

DDRNemesis wrote:
I like J-pop and I like Eurobeat and that is why I prefer DDR over ITG.

THAT's the problem. It's nothing about whether or not the song's synched properly or not. You like the song D2R, so you play it and you enjoy playing it. You don't like ITG songs, so you don't like ITG. Simple as that. Seems like an end of discussion to me.

DDRNemesis wrote:
Plus I like playing songs in my niche 7-8-9.

Yeah, like Caffy said, tons of ITG stuff in that range. Most of that stuff on HARD fall in that range save a few 5, 6, and vertex and pandy. Of course that doesn't really matter if you don't like the music.
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRNemesis wrote:
Plus I like playing songs in my niche 7-8-9.

well then you're in luck! The majority of songs in ITG fall into the range of levels 7-9 :0)

I know you probably won't change your opinion, and I'm not trying to make you change it. Before you just weren't giving any reasons as to why you think ITG sucks other than the "late" timing. I think you not liking the music is a more valid reason for disliking the game, especially when you admit yourself that you aren't interested in AAAing (in that case, why does synching bother you at all?).

any decent musician will tell you that you can still be on the "backside" of the beat and be properly synchronized. Jazz musicians often play to the backside, while drum corps play to the front end of the pulse. it doesn't mean it's off. But with the majority of DDR's synching (especially in pre-5th mix songs) being slightly early, D2R is a glaring reminder that they just didn't do a very good job of keeping the mix consistant. ITG has these songs as well, but it isn't anything so terribly off that you have to use a rediculously high speed mod and the bar on just to figure it out.

DDR's offset seems to be all over the place from song to song, and it's frustrating to play songs and get a great that you aren't sure you should've gotten. I flagged Graduation about 10 times before I AAAed it, and many players consider that a greater accomplishment than the 19 greats on LOM I had gotten the week before, simply because the song is synched late compared to the majority of the songs on the mix. If I get a great in ITG, I know that means I wasn't doing something right. With DDR, I can never be sure, because between the two games, it's the only one that I can get 4 greats on a 9 footer one game and get 20 on another of similar difficulty the next, just because I couldn't adjust to the inconsistant synching of the game. And when you're trying to score high like that, there is nothing more frustrating than having to constantly readjust your own timing.

EDIT: HAH! my posts are always way too long. two people posted while I was writing this one XD
View users profile Send private message
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sncying bothers me in ITG because I am used to DDR 4th Mix, cause it's my favorite mix. I do have to admit that everything in ITG is better than any of the Maxes in DDR.

Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

92. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that pisses me off sometimes is when the BPM reads (139-139) or something like that, so it DQs me if I try to use C400/C500. :[ It makes me have to play 2.5x or 3x.

._.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

93. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is only in On A Day Like Today, and during the sandwich making freeze it goes from being fairly early to slightly late.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caffywhompus wrote:
That is only in On A Day Like Today, and during the sandwich making freeze it goes from being fairly early to slightly late.

delirium has a similar problem. before the pauses, it pretty on, but slightly early. after the pauses, more specifically the BTF-momo-mix-one-note-speed-up, it is then slightly late.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

95. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRNemesis,

I should hope that you of all people know that I am very neutral when it comes to both game, I like them both, a lot.
But D2R on Extreme is absolutely and undeniably off sync.
Please, you've put in your two cents (and some change) about the game, now stop trolling on this board.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Lil Q
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR Nemesis
I've only AAA'd the song..... but you would know better than me if it was on sync or not. =/
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello if you would have read one of my earlier posts you would have known that the arcade I play at has a messed up screen and that is the only machine i have ever played on besides ITG.

Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

98. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
DDRNemesis wrote:
Also people on the other side of the world don't care about sex as much as us Americans.

Uhmm...have you ever been to Japan?

Now that is FUNNY DDRNemesis....

Yeah I'm sure the population of the entire planet is out of control because people aren't having sex....... laugh.gif That has to be the dumbest thing ever said biggrin.gif

Anyhow your opinions about the game seem to be not based on fact so lets just leave it at that.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

99. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, while on the topic, how's the syncing on the DDR Festival version of D2R? It's its fourth appearance, surely they've taken a look at it by now.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: