Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG Launch Party!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blujckt
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WOULD LIKE TO GO AND I AM 21 OR OVER
AA'd Spin the Disc, Love Shine, Freckles, Drop Out, Burning the floor (momo mix), Twin Bee, Wild Rush (from nonstop megamix), Nori Nori Nori, Still In my Heart (Momo Mix), .59, Abyss, Do you Remember Me, Kind Lady, www.blondegirl, Dam Dariam, Look to the Sky, Hold on Me, A, Colors, era
10's Passed - Sakura, Bag (no mods), Paranoia Survivor, Max 300

5 seconds away from completeing Legend =/
View users profile Send private message
Snype*
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alvi
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blujckt wrote:
You live in Memphis, I'm not terribly sure you're actually older than 20, and I highly doubt you have the means to get to San Francisco on such short notice.

So please sit on your hands and quit interfering with everyone else's legitimate shot to go to this event. If I confirm that you're actually under 21 (I'll be asking around), then you can count on some warn points.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
rambamslam
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
blujckt
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
blujckt wrote:
You live in Memphis, I'm not terribly sure you're actually older than 20, and I highly doubt you have the means to get to San Francisco on such short notice.

So please sit on your hands and quit interfering with everyone else's legitimate shot to go to this event. If I confirm that you're actually under 21 (I'll be asking around), then you can count on some warn points.

screw you i turn 21 on april 30th

and perhaps you haven't thought about me having loads of money and flying perhaps?

don't be such a tool
AA'd Spin the Disc, Love Shine, Freckles, Drop Out, Burning the floor (momo mix), Twin Bee, Wild Rush (from nonstop megamix), Nori Nori Nori, Still In my Heart (Momo Mix), .59, Abyss, Do you Remember Me, Kind Lady, www.blondegirl, Dam Dariam, Look to the Sky, Hold on Me, A, Colors, era

LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blujckt wrote:

don't be such a tool

1) he was looking out for other people who might have lost the chance to go because someone under 21 applied for this
2) Hope you like a couple of warning points E1.gif

The invitations say that it is at a club where alcoholic beverages are available (hell yes for turning 21 last month biggrin.gif), hence the age limit.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkJediBrent
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's so FREAKING stupid to have this at a club were only 21+ year olds can go...You know minors DO play ITG, and would LIKE to play it at an event like that!

This sig is a work in progress, if you have any suggestions or images PM me...
left.gifup.gifdown.gifright.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
blujckt
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

2) Hope you like a couple of warning points E1.gif

OMG NOT WARNING POINTS OH NOS WHAT WILL I EVER DO

J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blujckt wrote:
WHAT WILL I EVER DO

How about not flaming a moderator on my board?
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
blujckt wrote:
WHAT WILL I EVER DO

How about not flaming a moderator on my board?

fine with me, just trying not to get the shaft because he's biased against me since i had some words with friends of his

ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkJediBrent wrote:
I think that's so FREAKING stupid to have this at a club were only 21+ year olds can go...You know minors DO play ITG, and would LIKE to play it at an event like that!

I quite agree. I think it isn't fair to us who aren't 21 and might have the ability to attend the event.

Plus...no offense to the launch party planners but did you actually think this through? A dancing game that requires coordination in conjunction to a substance that impairs your coordination (alcohol)...don't you think that'll cause some SERIOUS problems?
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zajitarrius wrote:
DarkJediBrent wrote:

I quite agree. I think it isn't fair to us who aren't 21 and might have the ability to attend the event.

Plus...no offense to the launch party planners but did you actually think this through? A dancing game that requires coordination in conjunction to a substance that impairs your coordination (alcohol)...don't you think that'll cause some SERIOUS FUN!?

fixed post.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

33. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blujckt wrote:
fine with me, just trying not to get the shaft because he's biased against me since i had some words with friends of his
I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not biased against you, and I have no idea which friends of mine you think you talked to, and apparently "had words with".

So get off it.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why Roxor can't do something about the age restriction? Two differently colored sticky nametags at the door before you go in?

EDIT- Yes, I'm familiar with some of the more basic alcohol laws. I'm asking why isn't there just a small effort to differentiate who and who cannot purchase and drink alcohol? You don't have to take it out on me. I don't drink and don't ever plan to.
toady007
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because Red Octane and Roxor employees want to go out and party and get fucked up and not socialize with a bunch of fifteen year old obsessed ITG fans?

That being said I'm already on the guest list and I'm sure as hell not going to remember half of what happened the next day.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toady007 wrote:
Maybe because Red Octane and Roxor employees want to go out and party and get fucked up and not socialize with a bunch of fifteen year old obsessed ITG fans?

That being said I'm already on the guest list and I'm sure as hell not going to remember half of what happened the next day.

Haha I'm with you there, i hope i remember how to get home biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FOXX aka C-Unit
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) It would be a huge hassle to "tag" minors, and not even close to foolproof.

2) No one at this thing is going to want to babysit. I'm not saying you particularly would be a pain, but the lower the age bar goes, the higher the percentage of spazzes who'll just be annoying.

3) You all can deal like the rest of us did. And when it's your turn to be 21 and get into something cool, you can be smug and tell the next generation to suck it up like someone once did to us. It is a time-honored tradition of exclusivity, and one day you'll like it too. E4.gif
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's for the same reason they don't let minors into E3. You can play all you want with the booze and dancers, but ultimately, it *is* a business meeting.

ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still miss how wanting to get wasted constitutes as fun... erm.gif

And why you're going out to have a freaking launch party with ITG at a place they serve booze. Eh...I'm not meant to understand why idiots do certain things.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: