Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

itg skin for stepmania

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onlyyou7
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: itg skin for stepmania Reply with quote

where can i find one? are they out i found simfiles but not skins
View users profile Send private message
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try going to itgfreak's forums' Simfile Section I think. I think they have a whole ITG theme set up for SM.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they have one at ITG Freak. It's still quite buggy though, I personally just decided to wait until they finish.

Here it is.

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct theme download with noteskins. For some reason, it'll overwrite your default noteskin, so be sure to back it up first (copy your "default" noteskin folder and call it "ddr" or something so you can use it again if you want to). In order to implement the ITG scoring system, you'll also have to overwrite your stepmania.ini with this one, which will mean having to reset all your preferences.

It's a good theme for playing ITG simfiles, and it's very pretty, but unfortunately it lacks many features that would make it an ideal general-purpose Stepmania theme. For example, since ITG songs don't have subtitles, the song selection wheel in the ITG won't display subtitles. If you try to use it as your regular Stepmania theme with DDR songs, you'll wind up with dozens of songs called simply "Paranoia", and you'll have to rely on the banners to tell them apart, which the ITG theme doesn't display properly because ITG uses non-rectangular banners and cuts off the corners of standard banners.

A lot of modifiers are also disabled by theme (i.e. most of the modifiers that Stepmania has but ITG doesn't), and of course you won't have a Groove Radar or any other DDR features that ITG doesn't have.

I love many things about the ITG interface appearance, such as the life bar on the side instead of on top, the song length progress indicator, displaying the song title & artist in the corner at the start of the song, displaying the song title at the top, etc. So I like the theme, but sadly there's a lot that it lacks.

I hope that they'll consider forking the themes into two versions, one that (like the current theme) tries to recreate the features and appearance of the arcade machine exactly (leaving out almost anything that the arcade doesn't include), and version another that retains the appearance and all the features of the arcade machine but also includes all the features and abilities of regular Stepmania so that it can be used for general-purpose Stepmania use with any songs & no missing features.
View users profile Send private message
Rage*
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aren't banners displayed at a 3D angle in the arcade?
i hope they can implement that.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: