Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Red Octane Afterburner
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Red Octane Afterburner Reply with quote

yay i feel proud i actually started the official thread about the after burner. I never do anything right. this is a first. Well here is what you want. And here are the pics that i had on my site for your convenience.

RedOctane Afterburner Metal Pad: Product Link

Product Description:

You have never experienced anything like the RedOctane Afterburner Metal Pad. The Afterburner Metal Pad gives you both the durability and accuracy of an actual arcade platform, but at a fraction of the price!

EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:

Recessed Buttons
The first thing you’ll notice about the Afterburner is its recessed arrow buttons. These recessed arrow buttons accurately recreate the look and feel of an arcade platform and also let you know exactly where you are on the pad at all times.

Increased Sensitivity
The arrow buttons on the Afterburner are the most sensitive buttons RedOctane’s ever produced, which translates to much higher scores!

90-Day Warranty
The Afterburner features a full 90-Day warranty! If you experience a problem with your Afterburner Metal Pad you have the comfort of an incredible warranty.

PS2, Xbox, and PC Compatibility
No more fumbling with extra cables and adapters, the Afterburner Metal Pad is fully compatible with the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC!

Breakaway Cables
Thanks to the new breakaway cables you’ll no longer need to worry about damaging your metal pad if the pad becomes unplugged.

Hot New Look
With the stylish new arrow and brushed metal buttons the Afterburner Metal Pad is unlike any other dance pad.

Included Doubles Bracket
If you own two Afterburners there’s no need to buy a costly add-on just to play Doubles. The Afterburner comes complete with an attached bracket making it very easy to connect two pads.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:

* Includes control box for PlayStation/PlayStation 2 / Xbox/ and PC (via USB) compatibility (separate control box not required)
* Heavy duty one-piece metal frame for durability
* Extended platform base for increased stability
* Shatter-proof polycarbonate and stainless steel surface for an arcade look and feel
* EVA foam base (non-slip bottom) to help prevent the pad from slipping
* Advanced wiring for maximum sensitivity
* Corner brackets that prevent sharp exposed edges
* No assembly required

Specifications
· Compatible with PlayStation / PlayStation 2 / Xbox / and PC via USB
· One piece, all metal pad
· Pad comes fully assembled
· 8 buttons: 4 directional buttons, X, O, Start, and Select
· Non-slip cushion bottom
· Dimensions: 34"x38 1/2"x1 1/4"
· Weight 44lbs
· This product has sharp edges and plates which can cause injury.
Caution should be taken when lifting and handling the product.
Players are strongly advised to wear shoes while playing.

EDIT:J Dogg made another thread, oh noes, choas orb!! Here's what he wrote:

J Dogg wrote:
RedOctane recently invited us to try out their new metal pad, the Afterburner. The Afterburner review is the first in our new Reviews section, where we will post our opinions of the various music games and hardware that come out on the market.

Edit (Cutriss) - Let's at least make it look like it matches the other threads, okay?

Last edited by DDR_mastor1 on Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
evan8642
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to one of the people on RedOctane's live chat a couple weeks ago and they said it would have lowered arrow buttons like in the arcade and they said it would cost the same as their current pad and replace it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, is the afterburner pad thingy metal? And it has lowered buttons? I want so badly to have a metal pad with lowered buttons.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
evan8642
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what the guy said when i asked him if it had lowered buttons. He might have been lying though because i said i was gonna get a flux instead of one of their current pads, and then he said they were coming out with a new one soon.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm he's probably just mad because cobalt flux rules them. It probably will have lowered buttons... but... the pad will probably effing suck butt. Just raise all the buttons around your flux, that'll make the buttons appear "lowered" But I'm very interested in seeing what this new pad is going to be... is there a release date?
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey well, idk if i can talk about this, but over at ITGfreak this discussion has been goin on, and ya from what people have been saying, the pad is supposed to be an arcade replicate. Most of these things are rumors, but its supposed to have lowered buttons, arcade sensors, and everything we loved about the arcade pad including tripping over the huge screws in the pad. but ya. it is supposed to be better than a flux, but since no one has it yet, no one knows for sure, my advise is wait to see what its like before you waste your money on a CF.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
EdwardForrester
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Curious Reply with quote

Greetings,
DDR_mastor1, i am curious about why you say buying a CF is wasting money. I am so not trying to start a flame war between RO fans and CF fans, so please dont make this an excuse to start. But I am seriously considering a CF myself and I like to hear different opnions about things. PM if you wish, either way just curious your thoughts. Thanks for you time.

Forrester

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm soo interested in this pad... I would love an ultimate arcade feel! When does it come out?
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to answer both of your guys questions i will start saying this.

The pad should be out soon. I would say it will be out around the release of ITG home so that Red Octane can make a bundle package with the new pad and the game. Just my speculation.

Next, CF's are nice and all, yes i can have an opinion because i have played on it. But overall, i wouldnt want to buy one because i get lost on it. I cant tell where my feet are because its so perfectly flat. I thought it would be cool, but idk i just couldnt figure out where i was. And i played for like 10 hours total on Cfs and i never got used to it. Just didnt like it. For these reasons i would say wait to see what the new pad has to offer.

I really have no 100% clue as to what it will be like, so i would say wait to see if its any good, if not then go with a CF. But from the things ive heard from Roxor, and Red Octane and random people, this pad is going to way better than a CF in everyway, and at a fraction of the price. So stick tight and dont blow your money just yet.
Dog_E
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when these Afterburner pads are going to be coming out?

I've been planning on buying my first DDR pad on friday but now I'm wondering if I should wait. I was going to buy the Red Octane Metal pad while it was on sale for $175 but they just sold out of it today and wont be taking any more orders until Friday so I have to wait.

If this Afterburner is going to be coming out within the next month at the same price as the RO Metal pad then I'll probably wait to buy one... but I reaaaaally want to start playing at home soon so I don't know what to do.

But like I said, any ideas about the release date?
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_mastor1 wrote:

The pad should be out soon. I would say it will be out around the release of ITG home so that Red Octane can make a bundle package with the new pad and the game. Just my speculation.

There is no release date... still. But as i and others thing, it will be out within the next month or close to it due to the early May release of ITG for ps2. which is what they are aiming at. So look for it some time in the next month or so. But keep looking for updates on the internet. Ya dont buy the pad they have now, not worth the money. wait for their new one with a close to the same price with much higher quality.

BE PATIENT
impulse617
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn redoctane sucks, i ordered there pad like 3 days ago without knowing that a new one would be out soon, they don't give any hint of it on there site, how the hell was i supposed to know. Probably expect me to go out and by both
View users profile Send private message
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY info has been released on ITGfreak.com ill simplify this and quote what it says.

nekura wrote:
We've received word from RedOctane that the Afterburner, their new metal pad, will be officially announced very soon (you'll notice that there's been no official mention of the pad on RedOctane.com as of yet). We also received pictures of the pad, which we're unfortunately not allowed to release yet. However, we are allowed to describe what we've seen, and I'll do just that.

The first thing that you notice is that it's a lot more arcade-like than its predecessor. The four primary panels are noticably lower than the others; even the X/B and O/A buttons are raised, and look like the unused panels do, except for being labeled with what button they are. The arrows decals resemble the metal-themed arrows from In the Groove, and actually look a lot better than the decals seen on the ITG2 cabinet at ASI2005. The pad also features the same extended space on the back as its predecessor. Overall, it is very sleek looking.

As for the control box, it features plugs for PS2, Xbox, and USB ports. Unlike the Ignition Pad 3.0, the USB cable is not simply a replacement for the Xbox controller plug (at least, as far as I can tell in the pictures). The control box itself is black, and features the Start and Select buttons as usual.

Overall, I am very impressed with the improvements that RedOctane has made with its latest entry into the dance pad market, and I'm looking forward to the chance to play on one myself to test its sensitivity.

cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow.... but what is noticably lower anyway? I don't like the fact that the X,O buttons are there and crap... But I'm excited to see how this pad performs. I wonder if it will be easily broken and what not... Probably... If the buttons are noticably lowered and what not, what do yout hink they are going to be made out of? Hopefully not the same material as the TX-1000 or something.... I'm hoping for something thicker. I wanna know more about this pad pretty badly
Dog_E
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume that the buttons will be made out of the same material they used on their old metal pad, that being polycarbonate. Unless they went the extra mile and decided to use lexan (the same stuff CF uses) that is.

In any case RedOctane never used the same material for their buttons as the TX-#000 pads. The TX pads used a cheap and easily broken acrylic as where RedOctane used polycarbonate which is much more durable.

Some people still had cracked arrow problems after a few months but the arrows still held up pretty damn well.

What I'm really hoping is that they do a better job on soddering the arrows on this new pad. There were a lot of compaints about people's arrows going out on the old metal pad because the soddering was done poorly and wires came loose. That problem was easily fixed by taping or re-soddering the wires back into place, but it was still a problem none the less.

I will be pre-ordering a Afterburner as soon as they are available so when it comes in the mail and I have a chance to test it out I'll be sure to write up a full review of it and let everyone know what I think E4.gif
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CF always has and will always be the only way to go...
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss matsumoto wrote:
CF always has and will always be the only way to go...

That's a bit shortsighted. I love my CF, but it could definitely be improved. And if you're going for a more arcade authentic feel, the CF is not the way to go.

After being a home player for a year with a CF, I finally got a chance to play on an Extreme arcade machine and instantly noticed how much more work it was to play on an arcade platform. Having to step down into the panels threw me off for a while, as did having a bar behind me.

There's a lot of hope right now that the Afterburner will be closer to an arcade experience than any other commercially produced pad, which is why people are excited for it. Plus, if RedOctane can make a good pad and bring it in at $100 less than a CF, they'll be able to reclaim the top spot.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GASP: http://www.redoctane.com/redoctanemetalpad.html

Ohmigod, bonus, it's 3-way compatible just like the Ignition 3.0.
View users profile Send private message
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... shiny...

My only worry would be whether or not the raised panels lift up if you snag your foot on them on the uptake. Other than that, it looks really good.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i preordered mine. all the pics i have on my xanga if you want to see. or you can go to ITGfreak and look. either way here ya go.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=adam_ortizzle

i also have all the info on the pad on my site.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 1 of 46

Jump to: