Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Red Octane Afterburner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

900. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pad has been giving me issues. I'm using it with Stepmania via USB.

It'll work fine at the beginning of a song, but it seems if I step too hard or something, it stops working for 10 steps or so, and then works for a bit again, then stops, etc. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there any kind of fix for it? I've barely been able to use this thing...

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
belink
Trick Member
Trick Member

901. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a control box fault. Maybe you should contact RedOctane on how to fix it.
View users profile Send private message
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

902. PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleting ... moving to the "which pad" thread, hope someone can help!
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

903. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

belink wrote:
Sounds like a control box fault. Maybe you should contact RedOctane on how to fix it.

Okay. I'll look into it. Do you think it's possibly to order a new control box if I have a faulty one?

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
BradPants
Basic Member
Basic Member

904. PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just, don't get one.

I did. It worked for a day. It took RO about two weeks to get back to me about it, and they sent me a new one at no cost.

Anyway, that one lasted about a week.

F all of this.
limewirelord
Basic Member
Basic Member

905. PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I decided to buy one anyways. I'm quite satisfied with it. The only thing that ever goes wrong with it is that a screw comes loose after about 2 hours of continuous playing. I might buy another one for doubles :3

Edit: okay, I'm definitely less happy with the pad now. Although everything still works fine, it seems the bottom left block section seems to be very weak and bends down when you step on it. The arrows are also very recessed :/ should have gotten a CF :x
Captain Murphy
Trick Member
Trick Member

906. PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like Afterburners are a bit of a gamble. You might come out on top, like so many of the victory stories, and have a great pad that lasts for 1+ years. Or you may end up with a dud that doesn't get replaced for 4 months.
The bright side is that they're now on sale at Red Octane's site for $160 with free shipping, which is the cheapest I've ever seen. I ordered mine on Sunday; the estimated delivery date is this Thursday. I'll post periodic updates here and report on the experience. 160 is about half what you might pay for a CF...and who knows? It might actually be worth it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

907. PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afterburner just arrived in the mail.

Everything works except for the left arrow, which is completely non-responsive. EDIT: I just noticed the extra cord in the packaging because I'm a dummy. I thought there was an error with there being female screws in both the control box and pad so I tampered with the control box, removing the covering over the connector. I fear I may have severed one of the connections inside and made it so the left arrow doesn't function, even with the other cord. Foolish me... maybe I'll try taking the control box apart...maybe I can still get it replaced under warranty. Or maybe I'm just boned out $30.

Just called the Red Octane help line; apparently something happened there and a very busy, young-sounding guy told me that this number is just temporary and that it is the fax number now, but just for a week. Call back in a week, he kept on saying. I asked if there was anybody else I could call for help. No, he said, and kept on thanking me (for my assumed patience, I guess.)

I feel... abused. Gods damn it.
Basic Member
Basic Member

908. PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail them. I emailed them to get some arrow replacements and got two mailed to me promptly. Now I just need to get those other two, but now customer service is being a doggy again.
B1uEM4oM4o
Trick Member
Trick Member

909. PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does everyone keep buying these pads with like 46 pages of awful feedback
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
delrio
Trick Member
Trick Member

910. PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mostly good experience with my AB. The first one had a dead right arrow but after ruffling customer support's feathers a bit, they were pretty quick to send a new one out.
Trick Member
Trick Member

911. PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red octane afterburner is now $139.99 with free shipping.
limewirelord
Basic Member
Basic Member

912. PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sweet. I might pick up another one in that case.
aquiball
Basic Member
Basic Member

913. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Afterburner too. It was working fine for like a month and then it started acting up. Whenever I press a button, it registers as it being hit multiple times. It's does that a lot now. How can I fix it?
DanceSomeMore
Basic Member
Basic Member

914. PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was digging for an old thread about repairing one of these mats, and seeing the problem getting parts, I thought I should post this...

I e-mailed RO about a fix, and this Patty (I guess she's the only rep there or something, she's answering) stated they don't repair the mats, only replace.

I don't have the e-mail, 'cos I was so chiseled about this...but figured everyone ought to know.

I'm guessing they're all manufactured in China, and they probably make 400% markup on 'm, so it's nothing to send new ones as replacements. The 'repair' part is probably to confirm it's actually broken and not someone looking for a second mat.

Bah.

Red Ocatne got me money for the AB + ITG...that's all they'll ever get!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: