Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Any chance of freestyling on ITG?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tsinay Butterfly
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Any chance of freestyling on ITG? Reply with quote

Since I'm not that much of a tech/scorer-type ... and I've only played ITG a total of TWO times ... would it be possible to find freestyleable songs on ITG?

If so, and enough people got interested, could a tournament be held?

Curious Joce as always. E1.gif

L8z! E13.gif

~ Tsinay Butterfly flash.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
CFA.BIG LEVO
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's probably around 5 or 6 at least. The Sammi Morelli stuff is decent, DJ party and While the Rekkid Spinz are good, and there are a few more based on your personal preference.
View users profile Send private message
red shoe paul
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tourny wise, you'll hafta get awhole bunch of rare ITG freestylers to put one on. i'm sure i'd be fun watching E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone had to ask this sooner or later....
I don't see why not. However, since most of the songs are too hard to fs even on easy, I doubt it would become popular until itg 2 comes out.
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's easy to make your own steps, so try that and create something where you can make a good routine there.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freestyle tournament: $5
USB drive: $20
freestyling to Training Mode: priceless.

soon to come.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lildrchris25 wrote:
it's easy to make your own steps, so try that and create something where you can make a good routine there.

Yes but where's the point in that? Wasn't the whole idea of freestyling adjusting your freestyle to the steps, and not the other way around? I mean, you could just make up a routine and then make steps that 'flow' in that routine... but there is no point to that.
*witty name*
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houou wrote:
lildrchris25 wrote:

Yes but where's the point in that? Wasn't the whole idea of freestyling adjusting your freestyle to the steps, and not the other way around? I mean, you could just make up a routine and then make steps that 'flow' in that routine... but there is no point to that.

well, when you take into account DANCING--then that statement is iffy. if you're intent on the machine while freestyling is to dance, who is to say "you can only dance to these steps!" its not Commie Commie Revolution, you dance to the MUSIC, boundless by rules, and that would be the ideal behind editing steps.

why not just get off the pads then? because then it truly wouldnt be freestyling on a bemani (-ish) game, now would it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I be down to practice for an ITG FS.

Heck I have 2 songs in mind, and its 2 that many people dislike, or would consider them into their TOP 5 worst songs in ITG.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw someone freestyling to While the Rekkid Spinz and Which MC was That. It was awesome.

biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While tha Rekkid' Spins is easily one of the most feestylable songs ever put into a dancing game. Which MC was That is really good too. Both of these are probably overdone though.

If you want to be cool in my book, freestyle Anubis or Pandemonium on easy.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait. Soon enough everyone will be able to do the hardest stuff in ITG, so they will then be able to FS some stuff.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Survivor wrote:
Just wait. Soon enough everyone will be able to do the hardest stuff in ITG, so they will then be able to FS some stuff.
What does doing the hardest songs have to do with Freestyling?

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Disconnected airSpirit
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends up in the city that holds my local ITG have told me that one of their own has a hilarious freestyle to That Sound.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
noah318
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true freestyler will find a way I belive a creative mind should create some pretty crazy crap.
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VxJasonxV wrote:
Sakura Survivor wrote:
What does doing the hardest songs have to do with Freestyling?

Someone said that the stuff was too hard to freestyle, so my answer was in response to that statement. Sorry for the ambiguity, and I hope you can sleep better by me clarifying this statement.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
JimTheFly
Staff Member
Staff Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While The Rekkid Spinz Doubles Hard, No Jumps, No Holds, No Hands, Simple.

Use that combination. It's absolutely delectable.

Plus, I'm working on some stuff for an ITG tourney this summer. Should be quite fun to do. And I'm planning on taking advantage of the ease of edit creation on the machine for a couple things that should get some good reactions. E1.gif Hopefully, I'll have the edit done by next month, so I can get the routine worked out nicely.

That Sound definitely is something that could be used for quite a humorous FS. I can almost picture it now, in fact.

At the last tourney out here, which was about 1 1/2 weeks after Anubis was unlocked, Dollar Bill freestyled it and got 3rd. It's something that can definitely be a very nicely doable song. Pandemonium however (and Vertex as well) I can't really see much for... at least not yet.

CASPF5.Sgt.LTR: The way you're talking, my mind's saying that you're either thinking of something from Dax or Sammi Morelli (who's got some great FSable stuff, but everyone hates to play any of her stuff, it seems)

Co-Host: Video Game Zombies Podcast
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
TL
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freestyle is pretty much dead. i dont understand why people still attempt to do it and/or hold tourneys
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
JimTheFly
Staff Member
Staff Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having fun. Being inventive. Entertaining. There's 3 good reasons for it right there. And it's also one hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch than a lot of tech matches, which, in a lot of cases, tend to be quite boring. Granted, there has been a trend, especially of late, toward more and more tech, and it does seem like there are fewer people entering into freestyle (at least around here), but I think the reason for that is simply that it's an easier and clearer goal to be a good techie. You get up, you step on a few hundred arrows, and you get your results immediately as to how good or bad you did. It's also a lot easier to compare people, because it deals with hard factual numbers. With freestyle, you usually can't get such immediate feedback, because it doesn't depend on what the machine says, but what other people think. Plus, since it's such a subjective realm, someone might be better in one person's mind, but not the the next person's, or the next 3 or 5 or 10 people's minds. However, there is one thing that I've found that makes it all worth it: If you go up and you do an okay job playing tech, when you're done, what happens usually? Nothing. But if you go and you just do an okay job of freestyling, you'll end up getting responses and remarks from people. The feedback from others is something that, in my opinion, makes it quite worth the time it takes to make a good routine.

Some people's idea of fun is simply to do faster and more complex sets of steps. Some people's is to entertain and be more lighthearted. Neither one is wrong.

Yeah, tech might have found a resurgence with ITG, but as long as people continue to go out and have fun and fool around on the machines and want to entertain others, we'll still have freestyle around, and it'll still be something people will want to watch.

And a parting thought: Think about how often you've seen people posting tech videos from tournaments and how often you've seen people posting freestyle videos. I think that safely describes what the appeal is.

Co-Host: Video Game Zombies Podcast
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
TL
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point but everyone sucks at freestyle these days so why still try. i'd rather watch a bunch of really good techers play some hard songs then some really stupid looking freestylers
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: