Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Namco and In the Groove?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: when is itg coming out for console Reply with quote

TwinBee wrote:
when is itg coming out for console
Try reading.
Or even posting/looking in the right thread.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Mio
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
MIO!!!™ wrote:
Can you verify this speculation that Namco might buy a dance game label????
Caffywhompus wrote:
namco is one of the larger arcade companies in America and if they decided to buy ITG, the RoXoR team would suddenly become very busy making boxors heh
People have already said they're talking about Namco-owned arcades, not about Namco actually buying the rights to any sort of dance games.

The "if they decided to buy ITG" part is what got me. Sorry, I misread it.

Well, besides that then.... why are we associating Namco with DDR/ITG????
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they own a hell of a lot of arcades, and if they decided "Hey, we should upgrade our DDR machines to ItG machines," that'd be one hell of a boom for ItG's popularity and spread cross-country.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIO!!!™ wrote:

The main reason people are starting to associate Namco with ITG is because Namco IS very seriously looking into distributing ITG within their arcades. Our Namco Cyberstation is now location testing ITG (in Madison, Wisconsin) to see the results of how many tokens it can bring in. Namco is all about money, so if they can find a reason to make more......they do. They also see the marketing possibilities of distributing ITG arcade games DIRECTLY around the time when it will be released on the PS2. I know there are tons of little ratbastard kids out there who say "oh ddr my big bwother has 'dat on his pees2", so they just want to emulate such tokenwhoring success.

Eddie "thewheel" Woolf
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
justoneuncle
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWheel wrote:

The main reason people are starting to associate Namco with ITG is because Namco IS very seriously looking into distributing ITG within their arcades. Our Namco Cyberstation is now location testing ITG (in Madison, Wisconsin) to see the results of how many tokens it can bring in. Namco is all about money, so if they can find a reason to make more......they do. They also see the marketing possibilities of distributing ITG arcade games DIRECTLY around the time when it will be released on the PS2. I know there are tons of little ratbastard kids out there who say "oh ddr my big bwother has 'dat on his pees2", so they just want to emulate such tokenwhoring success.

Eddie "thewheel" Woolf

Thanks for this response. As something that me and Technick (thread creator) have discussed and we were wondering if any Namco arcade has tried ITG. The Namco arcade here in Syracuse is the best arcade in the area and many hardcore DDR players play here and the nearest ITG is about 3-4 hours away. Since DDR is one of the bigger money making games here, we were going to talk to our manager about getting ITG but weren't sure if it was a realistic possibility.

Thanks again for your response. It's much appreciated.
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll die in Heaven if West Town Mall in Knoxville gets ITG. And since they definately seem to be on the ball with having "the latest"(Tekken 5 first week, Initial D3, Soul Calibur 2, etc.), I know that they'd be one of the first to get it too.

Even though it's an hour and a half away, it might just replace Exceed2 for a month. And we'll still have a pristine Extreme machine the same distance.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
View users profile Send private message
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that bandai has aquired namco thier should be a greater chance of them trying out ITG in a wide area (and them finnaly letting locations that deserve larger locations attempt to aquire them)
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWheel wrote:
MIO!!!™ wrote:

The main reason people are starting to associate Namco with ITG is because Namco IS very seriously looking into distributing ITG within their arcades. Our Namco Cyberstation is now location testing ITG (in Madison, Wisconsin) to see the results of how many tokens it can bring in.

I live in Milwaukee, but made a trip to Madison for the day to check out the Bill Rebane Film Festival. I planned a special trip to the mall to check out the ITG machine (have it preordered for PS2, but haven't yet played it in the arcade). Unfortunately, Madison is apparently populated by 5-year-olds and senior citizens because at quarter-to-seven the entrances were locked and the building was closed, lights dimmed, except for the Barnes & Noble disgust.gif

I know Mayfair in Milwaukee is little better, but that disgusts me too, as malls in Minneapolis and even Fargo (my previous homes) seem to observe better Sunday hours.

So basically I just wanted to say that I did my best to feed ITG Madison some tokens, hopefully it pays off for Cyberstation.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
runwithscizzors9
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, considering our tokens say namco on them for our arcade, im guessing its owned by namco, biggrin.gif, i should convince them to get ITG2, that would be awesome, and i could get a free ITG home copy, biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
Stromski
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the TimeOut at Great Northern Mall could use ITG...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: