Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Namco and In the Groove?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Namco and In the Groove? Reply with quote

What is the possibility that Namco would finally accept In the Groove as the "new mix" of DDR. I mean DDR Extreme has been out for a while now and I think that it is time for Namco arcades to "upgrade" their machines with something better.

With only having 6 songs left in Extreme to AAA, I feel that we need an ITG machine A.S.A.P. to keep me entertained.

Thanks for your replies.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough to say. Upgrading to ITG isn't cheap..(about $2400 right now), after ITG2 comes out, ITG1 boxors should drop by a decent amount, but I'm not sure how willing Namco would be to buy tons of upgrade kits that cost that much, however, i know some Tilts are doing it...so we'll see.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caffywhompus wrote:
Tough to say. Upgrading to ITG isn't cheap..(about $2400 right now), after ITG2 comes out, ITG1 boxors should drop by a decent amount, but I'm not sure how willing Namco would be to buy tons of upgrade kits that cost that much, however, i know some Tilts are doing it...so we'll see.
You sure about that?
Even considering ITG1 Boxors can have Hard Drive swaps for cheap after ITG2's release?

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
-SuperZero3 Gold-
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet those lame DDR home cabinets cost as much as a Boxor.

Personally, I think If West Town Mall(namco) in Knoxville got ITG2, it would just fit perfectly. Like seriously, it just makes so much sense there that if they got it it would probably be the best machine in America.

Now do remember that Namco is holding that wierd Nationwide DDR Tourney, so they probably wouldn't do anything until that's over.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
View users profile Send private message
I am not Justin Zych
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding a nationwide tournament for a game that is over a year past its prime is probably the stupidest idea ever.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5|JJK wrote:
Holding a nationwide tournament for a game that is over a year past its prime is probably the stupidest idea ever.

SPF5, good insight.

Namco should realize that ITG is the future of dancing music games. DDR is already boring, I need some more entertainment.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technick you will dominate at it. We'd love to have you to compete with.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....Namco? Did I miss something or is DDR not by Konami anymore?
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

namco is one of the larger arcade companies in America and if they decided to buy ITG, the RoXoR team would suddenly become very busy making boxors heh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caffywhompus wrote:
namco is one of the larger arcade companies in America and if they decided to buy ITG, the RoXoR team would suddenly become very busy making boxors heh

Ah, I see.. I just assumed that:

techmocl wrote:
What is the possibility that Namco would finally accept In the Groove as the "new mix" of DDR.

meant that he wanted Konami (mistaken as Namco) to embrace ITG as the next DDR game riiight.gif go me.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
MATTY V.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Namco and In the Groove? Reply with quote

techmocl wrote:
With only having 6 songs left in Extreme to AAA, I feel that we need an ITG machine A.S.A.P. to keep me entertained.
onis, double play, nonstops...
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Namco and In the Groove? Reply with quote

qkumbr wrote:
onis, double play, nonstops...

Both Oni's and Nonstops have the difficulty that the Marvelous window literally seems too tight for me. I can get Perfects rather then Marvelous's that I honestly can not distinguish between. Also, I like playing stuff where I feel that someday, perhaps, in the distant future, I can get the maximum score. That's not the case on, for instance, Oni Courses - despite what Johnny might say.

Doubles is interesting, but it's really expensive. Also, the skill doesn't seem very transient, and it's not as fun (for me).

It also doesn't change the fact that it's still the same old music, and I've been hearing it for a good couple years now.
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not Justin Zych wrote:

Say that to the international PIU tourny.
Ftahdr
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DANCEDANCELAWL wrote:
Say that to the international PIU tourny.

Pump is still putting out new mixes and shit, and has a very large worldwide following. In comparison, DDR has not released a new arcade mix in 3 years. Pump released one at the end of last year.

The PIU tournament makes sense, the DDR one just seems...what's the word...excessive? In the end, the people we always hear about are going to be the only real competition.

Sometimes, I don't really know what I'm saying, but this is the internets, so no one really cares if I'm coherent or not
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd wait a bit before getting ITG right now.... pokemon.gif
Mio
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop'n Usagi! wrote:
....Namco? Did I miss something or is DDR not by Konami anymore?

I was thinking the same thing.

Konami:DDR::Roxor:ITG

Can you verify this speculation that Namco might buy a dance game label????

I haven't read anything anywhere about this stuff.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIO!!!™ wrote:
Can you verify this speculation that Namco might buy a dance game label????
Caffywhompus wrote:
People have already said they're talking about Namco-owned arcades, not about Namco actually buying the rights to any sort of dance games.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my friend is a manager of a tilt here (nickels and dimes I believe is the name of the company that owns tilt), and he says that Tilt has a special agreement with andamiro that there always be a pump machine in every one of their arcades (at least in our area). I believe as a rule Nickels and Dimes requires all tilt locations to have at least a Pump it Up or a Pump and a DDR. May we perhaps see this rule grow to include ITG, since Andamiro is producing the ITG cabinets? it would be a good business move...ITG2 cabinets in more locations=more money for andamiro if their deal with Roxor is priced by unit

we can only hope...
PARANOiA MAXX
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: when is itg coming out for console Reply with quote

when is itg coming out for console
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: when is itg coming out for console Reply with quote

TwinBee wrote:
when is itg coming out for console

Way to post in the wrong thread about it. -_- It's coming out May 10 ship date and is arriving the street on May 11. I believe it was pushed back a day, but this is not an official date as I'm just using the date that EBGames is giving. All we know as an official release date is May 2005.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: