Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

...Internal Bleeding? I am so hardcore it hurts. Literally.
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slowpoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
Well it's not really that weird right, I've coughed up blood before in martial arts classes.

If you're taking kicks to the body, that makes perfect sense...
View users profile Send private message Send email
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chances are your throat became dehydrated, and the coughing caused the walls of your windpipe to contract and bruise against each other. It's quite easy to damage tissue like that when it gets dry.
View users profile Send private message
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. You're saying that because you coughed up a little blood that you're hardcore? NO WAY! I thought you were a man, not a puny little girl. I've had worse happen to me on my best days. Hell once while playing Pandemonium on expert with my eyes closed, a guy threw a shuriken at me and hit me in the calf. Did I cry? Did I even stop playing? Hell no. I ripped it out, did a back flip, and then threw it back, nailing the guy in the jugular. All while getting a 1000% on the song. And that's no typo. The game recognized my awesomness and gave me a 40 star score.

I hope you learned your lesson...

please note the events listed above may have slight irregularities and may have never occurred at all...
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
claw
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, so why are you using this heel technique if it isn't as efficient and causes internal bleeding? Just to hear your steps to improve PA? Not worth it if you ask me.
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y noT wrote:
D-Man wrote:
Alpha (L.E.D. Style) wrote:
I question whether or not there is a clear corilation between ITG and this. disturb.gif

Yes there is a correlation and THANK GOD this happened to someone else. What happens (I asked my friend's dad who's a chiropractor) is that when you hit the with the heel of your foot, the shock runs up your body and at your head, repeated enough, it could *another friend and his doctor dad* can bust blood vessels in the chest and neck area which'd lead to coughing up blood. Happened to me once, freaked out, took a 2 month DDR break, and got back to dancing how I did before. If you want a demonstration, walk and every step pound down on your heel, almost as hard as you can. Feel the shock, all the way up to your head?

Ohh... it's like Chinese foot massage/acupuncture where you impact one part of the body (usually foot or tongue or ear) and it triggers the nerves of another part of body to feel it. That kind of makes sense then.

But by the way, Dman, in that case, the answer to Alpha's question is NO, not yes. Alpha was referring to the correlation between ITG and "this", "this" being "coughing up blood" (at least from the context of it that's how I interpreted)... and from your explanation, there's a correlation between "impact of heel of foot" and "coughing up blood," not between ITG and "coughing up blood." E1.gif

That made me think. E13.gif
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyDrA wrote:
Wait, so why are you using this heel technique if it isn't as efficient and causes internal bleeding? Just to hear your steps to improve PA? Not worth it if you ask me.

Because in just a short time I have far increased scores and I'm actually consistent with getting them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I've vomited after Cant stop Falling in Love Speed... after eating. Then I've also had my nose bleed after so deep ^^ But the nose bleed was from a sinus infection, dried em up =/
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
HyDrA wrote:

Because in just a short time I have far increased scores and I'm actually consistent with getting them.

Um, I think you need to make the choice between better scores and NOT DYING. As much as I love these games, I think I'd choose the latter.

~yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="yyr"][quote="SPF5.Kiba"][quote="HyDrA"]Wait, so why are you using this heel technique if it isn't as efficient and causes internal bleeding? Just to hear your steps to improve PA? Not worth it if you ask me.[/quote]
Because in just a short time I have far increased scores and I'm actually consistent with getting them.[/quote]

Um, I think you need to make the choice between better scores and NOT DYING. As much as I love these games, I think I'd choose the latter.

~yyr[/quote] It doesn't kill the guy, just... isn't good. Yeah, Cory, two words: extreme stress. That may be what causes it. Or the shock pops small blood vessels, and... well, go up a few posts and listen to D-Man. E13.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Shippo
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ive coughed up blood twice... seriously scared me the first time and I stopped playing for a while,but then I just continued...the second time I tought it was a problem cause I was thinking... "hmmm... could ITG have anything to do with this?" so I went to the doctor to check that out... said
I was very OK.... deep down in me I was about to scream out a lot of
things cause I freaking coughed up blood[ frust.gif ]! Gawd...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: