Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

...Internal Bleeding? I am so hardcore it hurts. Literally.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: ...Internal Bleeding? I am so hardcore it hurts. Literally. Reply with quote

This has got to be a first for In the Groove players everywhere.

I recently switched from a very soft technique off the balls of my feet to a very violent pure heel technique. A week and a half ago you could not hear my feet on any song, now you can hear it at the restaurant upstairs when I play easy songs.

I had quite a shock today, my third day with this new technique. I played Infection, Xuxa, Utopia. Although I have near infinite stamina on my toes, I get really, really exhausted playing with the new technique. As such it was not too surprising when I stepped off the pad coughing a bit.

I put the towel I bring with me to my face to cover my mouth as I cough. It's a pinkish towel, so I don't notice anything at first...

Then I, and my friend Chris (ARRR) noticed something rather strange. My towel had acquired a strange red hue. About fifteen seconds later, I realized I had just coughed up blood from playing In the Groove.

Needless to say I stopped playing. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is this the scariest thing ever or what?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow scary stuff... never happened to me before. The worst things I got from ITG (actually it was DDR I think) was super dry throats and dry lips that cause my lips to crack and bleed, but ever since that happened once I almost always bring bottled water to the arcade.

How did you possibly cough up blood??? Was it actually ITG or might it have been something else? Or maybe your throat/lip/tongue's dry? It's quite serious stuff if it's somewhere internal...
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conclusive evidence moving to ITG requires a blood pact with Satan

....nante ne ^^

Last edited by tac-tics on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I question whether or not there is a clear corilation between ITG and this. disturb.gif
View users profile Send private message
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha (L.E.D. Style) wrote:
I question whether or not there is a clear corilation between ITG and this. disturb.gif

Well it's only the second thing I've ever done which has caused me to cough up blood, and my body carries alot of impact from using my heels.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMQ LIEK ALFA SPELLT A WURD RONG!!!!

Um.. on-topic, DDR made me throw up once at Cedar Point. I had a crowd and got cocky, so I tried PSMO (after already playing for a long time). Never any blood or anything though.

Tassadar wrote:
MinsiKid wrote:
is just a good feeling.

Have you considered heroin?
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiba for the win.

But seriously though, that sucks. I hope you can figure out what it is, or talk to a doctor or something.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly Cory, why do you keep calling me ARRR? I never get high scores frown.gif

And as for vomiting...
Paranoia Survivor: Once
The legend of MAX: Once
July: Almost once... that was close.

I win at vomiting biggrin.gif
BraveLittleToaster
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in shape, so I dont throw up, or pass out. Ive seen 2 fat kids throw up, and 1 pass out right next to the machine. Just dont push yourself too far.
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BraveLittleToaster wrote:
Im in shape, so I dont throw up, or pass out. Ive seen 2 fat kids throw up, and 1 pass out right next to the machine. Just dont push yourself too far.

I think it has more to do with ITG and the difficulty of the stuff and the technique then anything else. I'm probably in as good shape as you, unless you play soccer.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even people who push themselves past the point of the exhaustion don't spit up blood. Have you ever been at the finish line of a marathon? No bloody towels there. Get yourself to a doctor and find out what's really wrong with you.
View users profile Send private message Send email
megan23451
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Cory, take a break, omg... Once you start coughing blood, that's a good excuse to stop. What were you doing before this? Maybe getting hit by a pitch in the gut or something? That is truly goog.gif -ish. The Weird Award goes to... Cory, for coughing up blood after playing ITG.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowpoke wrote:
Even people who push themselves past the point of the exhaustion don't spit up blood. Have you ever been at the finish line of a marathon? No bloody towels there. Get yourself to a doctor and find out what's really wrong with you.

Well it's not really that weird right, I've coughed up blood before in martial arts classes.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand Vomiting, I almost did it once on an all ten/eleven foot set, but blood? Seriously, go to the doc.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
IamMe
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, it doesn't hurt to much to go to the doctor. There might not be anything wrong, but coughing up blood is still something to check out.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
jjk GIMMICK
Basic Member
Basic Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fid

Last edited by jjk GIMMICK on Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total
Kasandra?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time i've ever bled after ITG was once when my toe broke open. erm.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a correlation and THANK GOD this happened to someone else. What happens (I asked my friend's dad who's a chiropractor) is that when you hit the with the heel of your foot, the shock runs up your body and at your head, repeated enough, it could *another friend and his doctor dad* can bust blood vessels in the chest and neck area which'd lead to coughing up blood. Happened to me once, freaked out, took a 2 month DDR break, and got back to dancing how I did before. If you want a demonstration, walk and every step pound down on your heel, almost as hard as you can. Feel the shock, all the way up to your head?
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Man wrote:

Yes there is a correlation and THANK GOD this happened to someone else. What happens (I asked my friend's dad who's a chiropractor) is that when you hit the with the heel of your foot, the shock runs up your body and at your head, repeated enough, it could *another friend and his doctor dad* can bust blood vessels in the chest and neck area which'd lead to coughing up blood. Happened to me once, freaked out, took a 2 month DDR break, and got back to dancing how I did before. If you want a demonstration, walk and every step pound down on your heel, almost as hard as you can. Feel the shock, all the way up to your head?

Ohh... it's like Chinese foot massage/acupuncture where you impact one part of the body (usually foot or tongue or ear) and it triggers the nerves of another part of body to feel it. That kind of makes sense then.

But by the way, Dman, in that case, the answer to Alpha's question is NO, not yes. Alpha was referring to the correlation between ITG and "this", "this" being "coughing up blood" (at least from the context of it that's how I interpreted)... and from your explanation, there's a correlation between "impact of heel of foot" and "coughing up blood," not between ITG and "coughing up blood." E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's start out by saying that I'm very greatful that I learned to play steping lightly...Lol. Anyways, you seriously should get that checked out, even if you do know the reason, cause there could be some serious damage to fix in ya.

~Yamato
Max 300: A (Modless but bar)
MaxX Unlimited: A (Modless and barless)
The Legend of Max: B (Modless but bar)
Paranoia Survivor: AA (Modless but bar)
Paranoia Survivor Max Heavy: B (Modless but bar)
Paranoia Survivor Max Oni: E
Max.(period): A (Modless and barless, but home-version *obviously*)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: