Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

USB Card FAQ - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, an update.

Well, only one little piece of info, now that ITG 2 is out.

The whitelist that was with ITG 1 is not there anymore for ITG 2, and thus any card that is compatible with Linux will work on an ITG 2 machine.
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: USB Card FAQ Reply with quote

lildrchris25 wrote:
In The Groove Edits

In The Groove allows the use of edits. All edits must be in the .edit format, which are somewhat different from the .sm format.

The .edit file should look something like this:

#SONG:[Insert song name here];
#NOTES:
[dance-single or dance-double]:
[insert edit name here]:
Edit:
[insert ranking number here]:
0.694,0.753,0.359,0.539,0.175: //Edit by: Your Name
[The steps are placed here]
;

You do know that "0.694,0.753,0.359,0.539,0.175" is just the groove radar data that probably fluctuates and can change from song to song, right?

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but i actually copied that from i think the itgfreak forums.
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave you that for the example song "Disconnected Mobius". Each song has different radar values. -_- That's my point.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Thunderbird
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The radar values do not actually matter, seeing as ITG doesn't display the radar.

Also, ITG2 does things a bit differently when you put in your card. If you are at the title screen (after inserting a credit) and insert your card, you will see a card icon with a question mark on the side you put the card in. This means the machine is checking your card. When it is done, if the card is OK, the machine will change it to a normal icon. If there is a problem, you will see a different icon and hear a noise indicating this. If you have started your game, but are not at the Select Music screen, you will see Card Check next to the card icon while it is checking your card. If it passes, your Display Name will be written next to the icon. If it does not, the type of error encountered will be there instead (I got Card Mount Error once).

The card check can take a fair bit of time, so it's recommended to not start the game until the card check passes, otherwise you might not be able to use it that round. But, IMO, this is preferable to the latest version of ITG1's method where it did not check your card until before loading the music select screen (and if the card errored, you were SOL for that round).
View users profile Send private message
IHYD.Blake
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

65. PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I couldnt find the answer anywhere...
What is going to happen to the stats files when ITG2 is installed? Will you have to start with a clean card, or can you keep your scores?
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is what happens:

A new folder called 'In The Groove 2' is created on your drive. It carries over all the scores from ITG1 as all the songs are returning. Your screenshot names (as in "screenshot0001") start all over, so basically the number 'counter' starts all over.

I'm only 90% sure on this information though. The only thing I'm happy about is and know for sure is happening is stats.xml is faster to load up in your browser but the price you pay for that is not knowing how many fantastics, whatever you got. It only displays the % score and grade.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
JimTheFly
Staff Member
Staff Member

67. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I looked at my jumpdrive before putting my new edit on it and ITG2 does create an "In The Groove 2" folder. I'm not sure about what it carries over in the form of stats and scores, but it does NOT copy the ITG1 edits into this folder. HOWEVER, it can and will read them from the ITG1 folder. Therefore, I'm of the belief that only the new songs/courses will be found in the ITG2 folder, and the Stats.xml file in that folder is adjusted to be able to read both folders.

Co-Host: Video Game Zombies Podcast
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Thunderbird
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ITG2 stats.xml

I don't think it reads from both folders, as the ITG1 stats.xml is nowhere on that server. Also, the ITG1 marathons were placed in a folder on ITG2, and the machine adapts those entries.

ITG2 doesn't write to the stats.xml found in the ITG1 folder, to my knowledge. Otherwise, I'm assuming I'd see Pandemonium somewhere in my Song Top Scores section (I play Driven A LOT), but it's not around.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool then. It has scores for ITG1 too on it. Does it carry over from ITG1 to the ITG2 stats.xml?

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

70. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder - given how XML works, you could probably set up a symbolic link to the ITG folder and call it "In The Groove 2", and then have a combined stats file which updates regardless of which game you play. Anyone try this yet?

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

71. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
I wonder - given how XML works, you could probably set up a symbolic link to the ITG folder and call it "In The Groove 2", and then have a combined stats file which updates regardless of which game you play. Anyone try this yet?
Due to signature verification it would probably fail the first time you try it for a non matching/non existant signature.

[edit]
Wait a minute, I'm an idiot. A shortcut to the FOLDER will have a SIGNATURE FOR the STATS FILE as well!

>_>

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
buzzert
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What other information can you put in the Editable.ini?

Is it possible to modify how your flash drive behaves with ITG? (Like maybe scripting?)

I'm pretty into linux, I just wanted to know how stepm- er - In the Groove reads/writes on a flash drive.

BTW: I have a LAKS USB Watch, and it has always worked with ITG1
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can not. 90% sure of this.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Thunderbird
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG only reads the files it creates. The underlying OS treats the drive as a removable SCSI drive.
Realathelete
Basic Member
Basic Member

75. PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, just tried my new Sandisk Mini Cruzer 256mb for the first time on a local machine and it did not work. The green light came on but nothing happened on the machine to acknowledge it. After reading through this topic I have formatted the drive completely and will try it on our good machine in the main arcade, hopefully it works in there and the fact it didn't work on the first machine was due to badly connected USB ports or something.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Sandisk Mini and Micro Cruzer USB cards is? Everyone that plays on the ITG 2 machine we have here uses some sort of thin black one (which I assume to be the Mini Cruzer), and every single one of them has worked.

Therefore, I plan to get a USB card myself, but I have no idea which one of the two to get.

Any recommendations?

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend told me to get a SanDisk Cruzer Mini because he said they ALWAYS work on ITG1 and thus ITG2. Thus, I bought one and it works on ITG1 so should work on ITG2. I reccomend that.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I ending up getting a Lexar JumpDrive Sport, 128 MB for $17.50.

...I would have gotten a SanDisk Mini Cruzer 128 MB, but my Wal-Mart only had the Mini Cruzer 256 MB size for $28, and I really didn't have that much to spend...

It looks like it's on the whitelist (the Lexar JumpDrive Sport), so it should work with my local ITG 2 machine, right?

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume since it is on the whitelist for ITG1, it should therefore automatically be usable in ITG2. It only makes sense.

I am 95% sure.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: