Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

USB Card FAQ - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It is not on the whitelist.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Original Z
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I played on ITG today for the first time. I have a Lexar Secure Jumpdrive and figured it wouldn't work so I had my friend bring his (dunno the brand). We played and his drive didn't work, but mine did for some reason.

I think part of it is because I have no secure space or any password protection, everythign is open. I don't know the specific model of my drive.
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
YEAH
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
FelSparks
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about buying a USB Drive for ITG, but I'm not sure if my machine has the USB slots. My arcade is AFC of Troy of Michigan, with is listing as having the slots, but I couldn't find them. Could someone show me a photo of the slots? Thanks.
View users profile Send private message
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a box on the side of the machine/usually the screen.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

added pic of the slots. i'll probably try to get a front pic of it sometime soon, but i have exams this week and next week, so who knows.
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks. At least now I konw that the machine listing is wrong at both DDR and ITGFreak in that the AFCTroy machine has a usb...thingy. At least as far as I remember...
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know it's wrong, it isn't that hard to fix it at ddrfreak and itgfreak.
Staff Member
Staff Member

27. PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sandisk Cruzer Mini (256 MB) did not work, despite having "Cruzer" in the hardware identification string.

I'll check the vendor ID when I get to a computer that I have admin access to and can run "msconfig" on.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
.hack//*cough*
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: H-Town, TX, USA, Planet Earth, 3rd Rock from the Sun
28. PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:
My Sandisk Cruzer Mini (256 MB) did not work, despite having "Cruzer" in the hardware identification string.

I'll check the vendor ID when I get to a computer that I have admin access to and can run "msconfig" on.

The same thing happened to me, Shinmizu. I have the exact same USB drive you do, and it didn't work at the ITG machine I played at last weekend. I was wondering if it was the USB slots at Memorial City Mall (the only ITG location in Houston) or my drive. Does it make a difference if you have a 128MB drive or a 256MB (or higher) Mini Cruzer drive? frown.gif

Let me know if anything develops on that msconfig thing. If you can get it to work, I know it's not the drive itself.

"It's not God who created humans. It's humans who create God." - Cowboy Bebop Ep. 24 (Brain Scratch)
Atkins is dead. Long live exercise and dance games.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT shouldn't matter how much space is on it.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.hack//*cough* wrote:
Shinmizu wrote:

The same thing happened to me, Shinmizu. I have the exact same USB drive you do, and it didn't work at the ITG machine I played at last weekend. I was wondering if it was the USB slots at Memorial City Mall (the only ITG location in Houston) or my drive. Does it make a difference if you have a 128MB drive or a 256MB (or higher) Mini Cruzer drive? frown.gif

Let me know if anything develops on that msconfig thing. If you can get it to work, I know it's not the drive itself.

The slots at MCM work. (I've played with my card several times without problems)

Quote:
IT shouldn't matter how much space is on it.

It doesn't matter, just as long as it is on the whitelist.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: H-Town, TX, USA, Planet Earth, 3rd Rock from the Sun
31. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so if the slots at MCM are working, then what do I need to do to my USB drive to get it to work? I put it in at the start of a game, and the machine doesn't read the drive at all. Do I need to run that Cruzer Lock 2 program to use the drive? It's not like they really have instructions on using these things (and I hate looking up stuff on the Internet). Any info would be appreciated.

"It's not God who created humans. It's humans who create God." - Cowboy Bebop Ep. 24 (Brain Scratch)
Atkins is dead. Long live exercise and dance games.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's plug and go. Have you used it for other things? Maybe there's not enough space on it so that ITG can create the necessary files on to it.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

33. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't work, your card is not matching devices on the allow list, and isn't mounting.
Try another one.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Alezay
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:

That's odd. I have the exact same card and mine has worked without fail for the past 5 months......Try formatting it.

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Disconnected airSpirit
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone without a memory card wants to see what a stats sheet looks like, see mine. Ignore my awful FA.

Note: It shows screenshots, I just took mine out and renamed them.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Rickidi
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it works in Stepmania, does it mean it will work with ITG? I noticed some weird file on my ipod once and it was stepmania scores. It's because I played a game while my ipod was recharging.

I know you said Ipod didn't work, but there's a lot of type of Ipod, so is it possible that mine would work?
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

37. PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickidi wrote:
If it works in Stepmania, does it mean it will work with ITG? I noticed some weird file on my ipod once and it was stepmania scores. It's because I played a game while my ipod was recharging.

I know you said Ipod didn't work, but there's a lot of type of Ipod, so is it possible that mine would work?
No.
Stepmania relies on your computer being able to read the device.
ITG relies on a very specific 'white list' of allowed devices.
More details here.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Meridius
Basic Member
Basic Member

38. PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list says Lexar 1.1 USB will work but I'm just making sure incase I crash the machine or worse.... So I have Lexar 128MB USB 1.1 JumpDrive - OEM and my question is will this work?
There a pic of it:
http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/L61-3578b.jpg

and my second question is does the ITG machine make all those files and folders on your USB Jump Drive?
Mio
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does. When you play for the first time, you won't have a name (until you select it in the end) and a whole ITG file will be made on your card if it works.

Once that happens, you can go into your file, change the display name and everything and then have fun with your new card.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: