Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Mythology Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJArfer
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Mythology Discussion Reply with quote

I just want to make sure I'm not the only person who has trouble with this thing. Sure, 85% is 8-9 range, but that end run is insane, and I think they should bump it up to an 11 on ITG2. I heard they were thinking of bumping Disconnected Hyper to an 11, but it's not near as hard as Mythology.

I've tried everything. With bar, no bar, new shoes, lots of practice, and I can't get it. It's like the beginning, but harder. I've passed several 11's now, and I can't even come close on Mythology.

You guys are all experts, give me some professional advice and explain to me why it's so insanely hard frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What speed mod are you using? If it's not spaced out enough you may lose track of where you are, and since it may be synced a bit early (I'm still trying it out, it may be because I'm sick) if you lag it's amplified. However upside is if you rush you still get fantastics E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they did bump it up to an 11, i'm guessing the 11 foot players will whine that it isn't comparable to utopia or charlene, or even the beginning.

so i call it a 10.7 bar.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythology's ending makes it harder then utopia and charlene imo. The fact that it is early by a good bit totally does not help either.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zombiejesus9001
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno i did it on 2.5 and 3 no problem i guess just keep trying? E19.gif
View users profile Send private message
Kyran
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lildrchris25 wrote:
if they did bump it up to an 11, i'm guessing the 11 foot players will whine that it isn't comparable to utopia or charlene, or even the beginning.
I play 11s a lot, and because of that ending, Mythology feels much harder than Xuxa, Charlene, and Utopia. I can't understand why Disconnected Hyper is considered so hard. The patterns are really simple compared to Mythology.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lildrchris25 wrote:

so i call it a 10.7 bar.

not only is charlene easier than all the other 11s (by a considerable margin), its easier than disconnected hyper which is a 10.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Disconnected Hyper is now officially an 11.

Here are the groovestats scores for Mythology and Charlene:

Mythology:

***: 1
**: 1
*: 15

Charlene:

***: 4
**: 17
*: 21

So yeah I think it's safe to say Charlene is easier then Mythology. Then again I think alot of people think Charlene should be a ten. Here are the stats for Utopia and Disconnected Hyper:

Utopia:

***: 1
**: 1
*: 15

So Utopia is just as hard, but actually probably harder since it is a more popular song then Mythology and the scores are still lower.

For Disconnected Hyper:

***: 0
**: 2
*: 12

So I think D/C Hyper is clearly the hardest of the songs being discussed.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't really understand what on earth you just said, but I'll take your word for it. It's just to me, Mythology seems so much harder.
Oh, and I usually play it on 3x, can't imagine going any higher than that.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have difficulty technically crossing over or performing high speed crossovers?
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythology shouldn't be an 11 simply because the first 1:30 of the song is ridiculously easy.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythology does have some technical stuff that if done right, is rewarding. However, one mis-step on the end runs of Mythology is pretty much a fail unless you miraculously just come back and finish up the crossovers....

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utopia is hard to score well, but really easy to pass. I can pass Utopia, but not Mythology.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
Utopia is hard to score well, but really easy to pass. I can pass Utopia, but not Mythology.

Same here, Utopia's fun and not that hard for 11! I saw this thread last night and finally decided to try Mythology Ex today for the first time (... and I'm not that good)...

Result: just as I thought... failed in the middle of the run, and not even sure where I messed up. After reading this thread more thoroughly though, I suspect it was the early synching issue (I was a low health and then I sped my feet up for a bit and health bar climbed back up a quarter, but I thought I was too fast and slowed down a bit... and failed).
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlene is definately an 11. I can beat all the 10s but Tension, Anubis, and Mythology with few problems, as well as Xuxa and Utopia. Charlene, however, is way hard, and I won't be beating it til after Delerium and Tell.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Kyrandian
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soda wrote:
I won't be beating Charlene til after Tell.
I know each person progresses differently, but that would be seriously weird. Comparing songs you can't pass yet is ridiculous. If you aren't at that level yet, of course both songs will seem scary and intimidating. It's a lot harder to differentiate between what's just above your level of skill, and a serious challenge. Even if one of them seems harder to you now, there's no way to know which is more challenging to pass until you've done so.

Charlene is generally considered the easiest 11, and Tell to be a mid-to-upper range 12. People are getting over 99% on Charlene now. Contrast that with Tell, which not many folks have even fullcomboed. Like I said, progression is different for everyone, but it's worth throwing that out there.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrandian wrote:
Soda wrote:
I won't be beating Charlene til after Tell.
I know each person progresses differently, but that would be seriously weird. Comparing songs you can't pass yet is ridiculous. If you aren't at that level yet, of course both songs will seem scary and intimidating. It's a lot harder to differentiate between what's just above your level of skill, and a serious challenge. Even if one of them seems harder to you now, there's no way to know which is more challenging to pass until you've done so.

Charlene is generally considered the easiest 11, and Tell to be a mid-to-upper range 12. People are getting over 99% on Charlene now. Contrast that with Tell, which not many folks have even fullcomboed. Like I said, progression is different for everyone, but it's worth throwing that out there.
I won't be beating Charlene until after The Beginning. I die, like, 20-30 seconds into Charlene, while I've come very close to beating The Beginning. (die at the end of "the big run," then FC the rest of the song)

The Beginning will be my second 11, and it's not like I've been whoring it out, either. I've only played it, like, 4 times.

So yes, everyone progresses differently. It okay to be skeptical, but some people are just good at weird things. Get over it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:

So yes, everyone progresses differently. It okay to be skeptical, but some people are just good at weird things. Get over it.

Totally agreed... out of the 3 11's I passed (Xuxa, Charlene, Utopia), the one I got lowest % is Charlene... and just as well, I know I won't be passing the Beginning anytime soon because 16th crossovers certainly isn't my strength.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

18. PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not very good at crossovers stay the fuck away from the beginning haha. It was one of my last 11s to beat, I even did July first.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
beast1x5
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a little bit obvious on your problem..i used to have the same issue with that song.. the footwork at the end. all i would possibly say is jus keep playing expert songs wqith footwork Ex. Bend your mind expert, the beginning, and mythology and if u need help with footwork in general play driving force classical and boogie down expert .

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/LoD%20BeAsT%201x5.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: