Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Tournament Format Question: Rest Time

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Tournament Format Question: Rest Time Reply with quote

Much more so than in DDR, it seems like in ITG tournaments there needs to be rest between songs in matches.

At RGC Alpha, a major tournament this weekend, I was using the following format in match play:

After Song One: 60 seconds
After Song Two: 90 seconds
After Song Three: 120 seconds

etc.

Does this format sound good? Am I correct that rest time is important in match play? Should I have more or less?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends on the tournament. If stamina is intended to be an important factor, than you'd want to give little to no rest time. It's a stylistic preference, so I think it's a decision that tournament directors would have to make on their own.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it worked out pretty well except for the JetWorld/AWE match because JetWorld was really hurting after the third song.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the tournament. RGC Alpha needed the rest time because it was a fair tournament that did not descriminate against skilled players by banning the more difficult songs in the earlier rounds. However, for tournaments in Oregon and Washingon, which are notorious for capping difficulty levels through their tournaments because 90% of their communities can't handle it, rest time is not necessary.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
CFA.BIG LEVO
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the tournament. RGC Alpha needed the rest time because it was not a fair tournament and descriminated against skilled players by banning the hard difficulty songs all rounds. However, for tournaments in Oregon and Washingon, which are notorious for allowing all difficulty levels in their tournaments because 90% of their communities know more than 50 songs, rest time is not necessary.

Disclaimer: I do NOT actually think RGC was not a fair tournament, I just like saying things such as this to watch JJK get all worked up.

Last edited by CFA.BIG LEVO on Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
I am not Justin Zych
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGC Alpha didn't ban Hard mode songs; some goof was able to pick Mouth against DJ Tyrant. But whoever got 2nd place at that tournament beat him two rounds later so it was all good.

Last edited by I am not Justin Zych on Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG LEVO wrote:
It depends on the tournament. RGC Alpha needed the rest time because it was not a fair tournament and descriminated against skilled players by banning the hard difficulty songs all rounds. However, for tournaments in Oregon and Washingon, which are notorious for allowing all difficulty levels in their tournaments because 90% of their communities know more than 50 songs, rest time is not necessary.

Why Me Easy is definitely 95% of In the Groove. Don't you agree Justin?
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5|JJK wrote:
RGC Alpha didn't ban Hard mode songs; some goof was able to pick Mouth against DJ Tyrant. But whoever got 2nd place at that tournament beat him two rounds later so it was all good.

Yeah it's a shame that 2nd place guy got to qualify two times frown.gif I wonder how things would've panned out otherwise.
View users profile Send private message
ninjafetus
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5|JJK wrote:

We had a tourney where you picked the song, and the other person picked the difficulty.

If the first person picked a hard only song (essentially picking a song and difficulty), the second person got to pick the song AND difficulty for second song.

If the first person did NOT pick a hard only song, and the second person tried to, the first person couuld request them to pick a different song.

This way: no difficulty abuse. Easy or hard difficulty. You have to be good at either to do well.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: