Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Kyle Ward Confirm/Deny?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phehp
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Kyle Ward Confirm/Deny? Reply with quote

So, as most of you probably know, Kyle Ward is the artist on ItG that made the majority of the songlist. Some of his aliases are: KaW, Smiley, Inspector K, Banzai, ZigZag, KeeL, and perhaps more. Each of his aliases, obviously, are based on his different styles of music. I was curious as to which of his aliases is the prevalent/favorite of the ItG/DDR community.

Personally, I prefer KaW. Trance has always been one of my favorite genres of music, and when Kyle produces this style, it's simply beautiful. Everytime I listen to it, it puts me in a good mood...or it puts me to sleep :P. Very relaxing, very enjoyable. The fact that it's on ItG makes it more enjoyable than relaxing, but nonetheless my favorite <3.

Opinions? :D

CKiD wrote:

With SuperNova supposedly out and shipping everywhere, what will be your first set of songs? Just post some songs you will include in your first set. E1.gif

My first set will be:
DXY/I'm gonna get you!
Candy(star)/Candy(heart)
Faxx/Paranoia Survivor/Max 300
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Inspector K, Banzai, KaW, and Smiley.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the ITG team, Kyle Ward is NOT ZigZag. While he did write the original versions of Vertex and Pandemonium (originally called Indulgence), a guy named Andy (don't know his full name...) did those remixes apparently.
View users profile Send private message
Obsessive
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiley.

For some reason I'm a sucker for Happy harccore, and Smiley fits into the whole "happy sunshine frolicking techno" style. Delirium has one of the best Baselines I've heard from an amateur, and I would really like it to be extended to a 5-minute full song so I can place it in this mix. I can only strech it out with Acid so much before it gets repetitive.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm, its hard to choose between KaW and Inspector K . Id have to go with Inspector K though, i love the aggresssive techno style that I cant seem to get enough of.
red shoe paul
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cb_epyon wrote:
hmmmm, its hard to choose between KaW and Inspector K . Id have to go with Inspector K though, i love the aggresssive techno style that I cant seem to get enough of.

agressive is goooood biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in between KaW and E1.gif , my favorite song's most definitely Kagami, but I think overall, I like E1.gif a bit more.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banzai.

The ethnic style is something different, and I hope he explores it further in future songs.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrandian wrote:
Banzai.

The ethnic style is something different, and I hope he explores it further in future songs.

Haha, it reminds me of RevenG. It's cool.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
phehp
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
according to the ITG team, Kyle Ward is NOT ZigZag. While he did write the original versions of Vertex and Pandemonium (originally called Indulgence), a guy named Andy (don't know his full name...) did those remixes apparently.

Really? I've heard the original (or perhaps a version of it) track for Pandemonium, and it had Kyle Ward on the tag. But it's understandable.

Although, the ItG community in NC are strongly in favor of the theory that Kyle Ward is also Crispy E10.gif.

CKiD wrote:

With SuperNova supposedly out and shipping everywhere, what will be your first set of songs? Just post some songs you will include in your first set. E1.gif

My first set will be:
DXY/I'm gonna get you!
Candy(star)/Candy(heart)
Arctic Wolves
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Banzai. I could see the style getting repetitive very quickly, given the similarities between Anubis and Zodiac. But for now, with just those two songs, it's pretty interesting.

Also, E1.gif is a lot of fun. I'm not too much of a fan of Happy Hardcore, but the way he mixes in minor melodies with happy hardcore styles like in Utopia and Destiny is wonderful. It's not minor, but it rubs me in the right way. I love minor trance as well, but KaW seems to alternate between interesting and boring, so while I do enjoy those trance tracks, I don't love them like I do the E1.gif tracks, simply because, as someone stated earlier, they do tend to drag on.

I've always wondered who ZiGZaG is. And I'm curious about Digital Explosion, since I can't find any actual info about them (if they are a real group) online, so I'm lead to believe DE is "in-house." =P
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Wolves wrote:
And I'm curious about Digital Explosion, since I can't find any actual info about them (if they are a real group) online, so I'm lead to believe DE is "in-house." =P

http://download.com/digitalexplosion Nope.

Pete Ellison (Kid Whatever/DJ Zombie) is in-house though... sorta. He's a friend of Kyle's, but I'm not sure how closely he works with the ITG Team.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:F:EE10.gif:J wrote:
Syncognition wrote:

Really? I've heard the original (or perhaps a version of it) track for Pandemonium, and it had Kyle Ward on the tag. But it's understandable.

yeah, the original version of pandemonium was slower and had few instruments (also had an excessive amount of um...moaning...no wonder it was called Indulgence). both Indulgence and Vertex were originally listed under the "KaW" alias. I did for awhile think that KeeL was pulling a fast one by saying "Andy" did the remix...my imagination immediately brought me to the conclusion that "andy" was a joke (pANDYmonium, lolz).
View users profile Send private message
phehp
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
:F:EE10.gif:J wrote:
Syncognition wrote:

yeah, the original version of pandemonium was slower and had few instruments (also had an excessive amount of um...moaning...no wonder it was called Indulgence). both Indulgence and Vertex were originally listed under the "KaW" alias. I did for awhile think that KeeL was pulling a fast one by saying "Andy" did the remix...my imagination immediately brought me to the conclusion that "andy" was a joke (pANDYmonium, lolz).

Hehehe, perhaps that is reading into it a bit too much, but it's definitely possible that Kyle could either be:

A) Trying to find a scapegoat for all of the death-pain-hardcore songs lol, or
B) Planning on making some maniacal 14 foorter of death doom fear and destruction that he wants to unleash some sort of ultimatum on and something and Kyle Ward being badly and stuff.

Yeah...that's sensible, right?

CKiD wrote:

My first set will be:
DXY/I'm gonna get you!
Candy(star)/Candy(heart)
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banzai is awesome.

Inspector K is hit and miss (Infection =goog.gif, but Clockwork Genesis sounds awesome), KaW is kind of generic dance pop stuff. Smiley is pretty good, but occasionally produces some stuff I don't like that much.

So... yeah. Banzai is the alias of his I like best.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His MC Frontalot alias is my favorite by far....then KaW. E7.gif

noheisn'tmcfrontalot,ijustlovespreadingtherumorhaha
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaW and Inspector K

Dawn and Infection are my two favorite songs from Kyle.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaW and Inspector K

I like Oasis and Infection.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then, what are your favorite songs from each of his aliases?

KaW: Who/I Want To Fly, Inspector K: Clockwork Genesis, Smiley: Renaissance (love the simplicity of it), and Banzai: Anubis.
[+Duracell-]
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiley and KaW win it for me

Happy Hardcore + fun steps = *drool*
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: