Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The OFFICIAL DDR and ItG Thread! No Flaming!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geostigma
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR for now bcuz its got better pads in the arcade near me. i like the challenge of ITG but the pad near me SUX. ill probably switch once the home ITG comes out tho.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM-3P is fun because of the rhythms in the middle, especially once they start following the "x--x--x--xx-x-x-" in full. The long 1/8th note run at the beginning is also fun and not particularly difficult, as well as some of the jumping stuff at the end. However, I'll admit that AM-3P, though a fun chart, doesn't use the rhythms of the song as well as it could.
SPF5.Kiba wrote:
I'll be happy to give you two equivalently fun charts on Expert: Rom-eo & Juli8 and Disconnected Mobius. Also fun, good songs, neither challenging.
Rom-e0 & Juli8 is okay, and Disconnected Mobius is awesome, but neither of them are particularly rhythmically interesting, which is one thing I very much love in my charts. Rom-e0 and Juli8 has some long 1/8th runs and some rhumba rhythms, a few "x-x-xx-xx" gallops... Disconnected Mobius just has 1/8th runs and fast gallops, pretty much.

See, one of the ItG charts I find a lot of fun is On a Day Like Today (hard). I don't particularly like the expert steps, but the hard steps are a lot of fun, because they're generally pretty mellow, and then the difficult portion shows up in the middle.
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR- (good:Many original stepcharts) bad:songs are overused
ITG-(good: difficult and yet fun.) Bad: repetitive stepcharts
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SO! loves Electroplankton
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*plays Derteminator simfile*

WORST STEPCHART EVER
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

84. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Determinator such a "bad" stepchart? I'm enjoying the fact that they're making songs hard with rhythm instead of using macks syndrome.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

85. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Determinator is pretty badass. Hard, but pretty cool.
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ITG2 will rock.

I'm loving all the songs from DDR on ITG2 with harder steps. I'm also loving the idea of the 1337 BPMs, both literally and figuratively. biggrin.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

87. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouncer love egg wrote:

WORST STEPCHART EVER

god forbid you have to move your feet as fast as musicians move their other body parts. I think I quite like the fact that it follows the string runs. the patterns are pretty cool, too.
View users profile Send private message
SO! loves Electroplankton
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
Bouncer love egg wrote:

WORST STEPCHART EVER

god forbid you have to move your feet as fast as musicians move their other body parts. I think I quite like the fact that it follows the string runs. the patterns are pretty cool, too.

I play piano for 1 thing. And apparently you didn't notice but...IT'S HARDER TO MOVE YOUR FEET THAN IT IS TO MOVE YOUR HANDS. I just think 32nd notes is pushing it.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

89. PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO! loves Electroplankton wrote:
I play piano for 1 thing. And apparently you didn't notice but...IT'S HARDER TO MOVE YOUR FEET THAN IT IS TO MOVE YOUR HANDS. I just think 32nd notes is pushing it.
They're only 1/16th note triplets in Determinator, not 1/32nd notes. As a musician, you should know better.

And 1/16th note triplets at 147 is only as fast as 1/16th notes at around 220, and people can FC Disconnected Hyper. It's totally doable, just hard.
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO! loves Electroplankton wrote:
Syncognition wrote:
Bouncer love egg wrote:

WORST STEPCHART EVER

yeah, like Mojo said, 16th note triplets dude. it's slower than euphoria with 32nd notes at 140 or so, and I've gotten 85% or so on that song. I daresay that determinator might just prove easier for the fact that the song isn't consistently difficult like euphoria is (there are only a few hard spots/patterns in determinator...euphoria is hard from beginning to end).

I can understand you not liking the steps because they are hard, but just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are automatically horrible steps.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
yeah, like Mojo said, 16th note triplets dude. it's slower than euphoria with 32nd notes at 140 or so, and I've gotten 85% or so on that song. I daresay that determinator might just prove easier for the fact that the song isn't consistently difficult like euphoria is (there are only a few hard spots/patterns in determinator...euphoria is hard from beginning to end).
...Euphoria, they're back and forth on two arrows. In Determinator, they're around-the-pad runs. Therefore, it compares more smoothly to a faster Disconnected Hyper than to a slower Euphoria.

Also, Euphoria DOES have only one difficult part... the part in the middle, before the slowdown. It's a long "only one difficult part," but it's still the only part of the song that's hard.
Syncognition wrote:
I can understand you not liking the steps because they are hard, but just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are automatically horrible steps.
However, this statement is very true. I hate the Tell expert steps, but I at the same time believe them to be very good steps. They're very well-made, follow the music nicely, and pose a lot of interesting challenges.

However, I stick to my past opinion that July [h] and July [ex] are awful stepcharts, no matter how much other people like them. E10.gif
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

92. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracosavant wrote:
The double steps issue has been beaten to death SO much. The reason for the bad double steps in ItG was they only had one member of the team who actually knew how to make good double steps. He had to take his style and change it around for many songs, producing bad steps. ItG 2 looks like such a huge improvement. Watch the video for Monolith Ex Double. Those steps are beautiful. They have gotten more people who can make double steps.

The same person making the ITG doubles is still making most of the ITG2 doubles, including Monolith. ITG2 charts have been created in a style that many ITG players demanded. The staff does listen, but if no songs or charts or even concepts are named, there isn't much they can do to change things to your liking. So if there's something ITG players don't like and want to see changed in the future, it would help if something specific was pointed out.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

93. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJEmirzian wrote:
So if there's something ITG players don't like and want to see changed in the future, it would help if something specific was pointed out.

This is why i love RoXoR..if you email Konami and tell them that the steps for Love This Feelin are utter ass, if you even get a reply, it'll probably be in engrish saying something about how they have teams of high trained squids making steps for you and sushi.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
runwithscizzors9
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of my favorite DDR stepcharts: drifting away, xenon, burning heat, so deep, twilight zone...

i like those because the steps are unique to the song, unlike ITG where many many songs just include random 1/8 or 1/16 runs, which are somewhat annoying most of the time, its just like, most of the ITG step charts seem to be like, bla step me, but to me, alot of DDR heavy stepcharts are like, learn me, figure me out, have fun
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

95. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJEmirzian wrote:
The same person making the ITG doubles is still making most of the ITG2 doubles, including Monolith. ITG2 charts have been created in a style that many ITG players demanded. The staff does listen, but if no songs or charts or even concepts are named, there isn't much they can do to change things to your liking. So if there's something ITG players don't like and want to see changed in the future, it would help if something specific was pointed out.
I somehow expected that. They still felt like your charts, they just felt like... better versions of your charts. Like, I can still tell which charts are done by Kyle Ward, but they're often a lot more fun than his old charts. Though sometimes, they have new and interesting flaws much different than the flaws his old charts used to have... however, they still have the feel of his charts.

So I think getting more stepchart makers would be important, if not as critical as people make it out to be. A good stepchart artist can vary his/her style and make a wide variety of interesting charts, but another good stepchart artist can bring more new ideas to the table.

Thanks on the improvements in ItG2, Roxor team. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the beginning of HotN is nice, it goes with the song, then it just bursts into 1/16 runs

alot of ITG2 videos i have seen make my opinion change, after watching twilight, those steps go with it very well, those are the kinds of songs i like
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
However, I stick to my past opinion that July [h] and July [ex] are awful stepcharts, no matter how much other people like them. E10.gif

agreed. I liked the original July expert steps personally, but the new ones were just...I dunno =\

I want my level 10 steps back frown.gif
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

98. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runwithscizzors9 wrote:
the beginning of HotN is nice, it goes with the song, then it just bursts into 1/16 runs
...if you listen, all the 1/16th runs go with the song too. Everything in that song goes with the music. I'd even say it's a better stepchart than Euphoria expert, which is one of my favorite ItG stepcharts.

Hardcore of the North is harder than Euphoria, too... so I can't play it. frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

99. PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJEmirzian wrote:

Whoa. Your style is much improved E1.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: