Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The OFFICIAL DDR and ItG Thread! No Flaming!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syncopation
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just occurred to me--while it's probably too late for ITG 2, I'd still like to see this in a future ITG version since DDR seems to have dropped it:

I'd like to see the return of six-panel single play (like DDR solo, but not a one player only sized stage arrangement), or even the addition of two player/six panel versus play, even if they didn't actually implement a 12 panel doubles play.
View users profile Send private message
ShutUpAndBowl300
Basic Member
Basic Member

61. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anybody tell me how much In the Groove cost console version
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

62. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the info for the home version

I'm looking forward to the release of ITG2. I'm EXTREMELY anxious to play Amore and get owned in the face by Determinator....
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shippo
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caffywhompus wrote:
All the info for the home version

I'm looking forward to the release of ITG2. I'm EXTREMELY anxious to play Amore and get owned in the face by Determinator....

laugh.gif I must agree I so wanna play that song and also Destiny( E1.gif )!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syncopation
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is it just me, or the specific machine I'm playing on... or do ITG Fantasics feel like they are grace-note behind the beat?

That is, imagine a standard drumming flam, but instead of the grace note being before the note, put it just after the note, and that grace note after the beat seems to be the timing it feels like for a Fantasic.

In contrast, for DDR, I don't find I have to hold back when stepping, if I'm in the Perfect or Marvelous window, they keep occurring when I step to the beat indicated by the arrows for most songs, unless I mess up on my own (usually by actually paying attention to the Perfect or Marvelous indicator instead of just stepping).

But with ITG, I may see Fantastic, followed by and Excellent or Great, unless I hold back on the second eighth note when a quarter note (red arrow) is followed immediately by an eighth note (blue arrow). I really don't feel like I'm rushing the eighth notes, but it seems like it's better to play late--but not too late--when trying for ITG Fantastics.

Now, that's for Medium and Hard, at least, since I'm not good enough to play Expert yet.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never adjusted for DDR timing (i.e. I never really looked and saw "okay, I'm late, so now I'm only in the perfect window") and ItG feels just as spot-on to me as DDR.

So, likely, they're just timed to slightly different parts of "onbeat." I know a lot of ItG players who say "ItG used to feel late to me, but after a few months, now it feels spot on and DDR feels early." (paraphrased of course. :P)
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel that ddr is good enough for me. good songs, complexity, flashing tens, is all good enough for me.

Brawl FC (PM me): 0989-1391-5541
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Kyrandian
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

max'erAA wrote:
i feel that ddr is good enough for me. good songs, complexity, flashing tens, is all good enough for me.
Why settle for less? ITG (in my opinion) has better songs, complexity (technical charts, mods, and other new gimmicks), and increased difficulty, which is more than enough for me. DDR won't be "good enough" forever, most people crave new sorts of challenges and music to keep things fresh.

Play what you enjoy the most, but don't be afraid of change.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that. That's why I prefer ITG over DDR. DDR got stale and boring.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
SO! loves Electroplankton
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ITG has some good stepcharts(just about all the 9s/10s/some 11s) but I think TOO many expert stepcharts sacrificed FUN for diffuculty: Euphoria, Utopia, Do U Love Me, and July come to mind. And those damn freezes on delirium.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

70. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouncer love egg wrote:
I think ITG has some good stepcharts(just about all the 9s/10s/some 11s) but I think TOO many expert stepcharts sacrificed FUN for diffuculty: Euphoria, Utopia, Do U Love Me, and July come to mind. And those damn freezes on delirium.

I find Euphoria, Utopia and July all fun. Heck with the exception of the off 32nd's, I like Do U Love Me too.
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
Bouncer love egg wrote:

I find Euphoria, Utopia and July all fun. Heck with the exception of the off 32nd's, I like Do U Love Me too.
Euphoria (singles expert) is one of the best charts in the game. biggrin.gif <3 I can't get enough of playing that song, even though I repeatedly fail, like, halfway through.
Utopia is good but a bit too... "creative." I don't like the stompy parts, but I like the 1/16th runs and the rhythms IN the stompy parts. :S

July and Do U Love Me are ass, I'll agree with you there, but difficulty isn't something that makes things not fun. I just hate when songs sacrifice the rhythms of the music itself to be hard. When you're throwing bland 1/16th runs at us or, just as bad, making up interesting rhythms that just plain aren't there, that's not fun.

It's a music game. The music should come first.

Therefore... I love the Euphoria stepchart (and Hardcore of the North, as well, which is much harder IMO) despite its ability to make my legs fall off on command. E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euphoria does have rhythm, but I think throwing in those freezes and then making you stomp around with the other foot is just...dumb. And don't get me started on that damn middle section.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Syncopation
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrandian wrote:
max'erAA wrote:
Why settle for less? ITG (in my opinion) has better songs, complexity (technical charts, mods, and other new gimmicks), and increased difficulty, which is more than enough for me. DDR won't be "good enough" forever, most people crave new sorts of challenges and music to keep things fresh.

Play what you enjoy the most, but don't be afraid of change.

Which for now would be DDR, although I'm hoping ITG2 is a much better game than ITG1.

Mods don't add to the gameplay, in fact, I think they detract from it severely.

While playing a Marathon course with Mods can be challenging (not even at the Intense level, just Normal) at the same time, each game isn't free--it does cost money to play--and so getting a "Life Depleted" just because of arrow mods really isn't going to encourage me to play Marathons on a regular basis.

Hands and Mines are what interest me the most for ITG, rather than how fast I can do sixteenth note runs, 16th note triplet bursts, or even 32nd note embellishments to the beat. If ITG2 is nothing but speed and mods, I'm done with the ITG game for good.

What I'd like to see for ITG is that--while I realize the expert/hardcore/tournament level players are contributing ideas to this game--is to have players of ALL levels enjoy this game as well. This is where DDR currently excels, although the DDR training (Beginner) mode is practically worthless and encourages bad stepping habits that even the home version doesn't encourage.

ITG could easily have additional training modes that teach very basic crossovers, very basic hands, very basic mines... allow all the players to have fun, even if they aren't playing extreme step difficulty levels. Get everyone into the game, not just the hardcore tournament level players. I don't see anything wrong with having interesting steps at the Easy, Medium, or Hard level for other players of lower difficulties.

But then again, I just play casually, for fun, passing songs without caring about actual percentage because I'm still learning ITG's stepcharts, so anything C or better, I'll take it for now. If I enjoyed the steps, then I'm going to want to play that song again and do better (e.g., Da Roots). If the steps were just hard without being fun, forget it, and I'll not play that song again (e.g., That Sound).

Still, I actually like the DDR's steps better, while I still think ITG has superior music.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Training Mode song on ITG1. ITG2 will add Novice (basically Beginner) to all songs.

There will be a Training Mode on the ITG home version which is much like DDR's Training Modes.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Syncopation
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I know, I've played it. It's basically DJ Party with extremely simplistic steps.

I meant expanding the training mode from what it already is, maybe add difficulty levels to the training mode. Beginner could stay what it is, Easy could add consecutive quarter note steps, Medium could introduce crossovers using quarter notes and simple eighth notes, and Hard could introduce the Hands and Mines at a basic level.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncopation wrote:
Which for now would be DDR, although I'm hoping ITG2 is a much better game than ITG1.

Mods don't add to the gameplay, in fact, I think they detract from it severely.

While playing a Marathon course with Mods can be challenging (not even at the Intense level, just Normal) at the same time, each game isn't free--it does cost money to play--and so getting a "Life Depleted" just because of arrow mods really isn't going to encourage me to play Marathons on a regular basis.
I find mods rather boring in general, but a lot of fun in Marathons, so... *shrug* And remember, as long as you get to at least the third stage, you're okay, and the only course I ever really get "omg mods kill'd me!" before the third stage is Caddywhompus. (damn Solina.)
Syncopation wrote:
Hands and Mines are what interest me the most for ITG, rather than how fast I can do sixteenth note runs, 16th note triplet bursts, or even 32nd note embellishments to the beat. If ITG2 is nothing but speed and mods, I'm done with the ITG game for good.
ItG2's hard steps (i.e. non-expert) are supposedly much more interesting and fun than ItG1's. Also, they seem to more frequently use occasional hands in hard songs, like Go 60 Go.
Syncopation wrote:
Still, I actually like the DDR's steps better, while I still think ITG has superior music.
I like DDR's steps better at well, though I'm looking forward to ItG2... but ItG's addition of Expert steps are very nice. Some of the ItG 10+s are far more well-made than any of the DDR 10s (though PARANOiA Survivor's steps will always be close to my heart... <3), and the new level of difficulty is, well... fun.
Syncopation wrote:
I meant expanding the training mode from what it already is, maybe add difficulty levels to the training mode. Beginner could stay what it is, Easy could add consecutive quarter note steps, Medium could introduce crossovers using quarter notes and simple eighth notes, and Hard could introduce the Hands and Mines at a basic level.
I've been discussing this exact idea over at the Roxorgames forums... ah, here... this thread.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

77. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What DDR Stepcharts are you referring to?
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
What DDR Stepcharts are you referring to?
There's a lot of stuff in the 7-9 range I really like, such as AM-3P, Ever Snow, Vanity Angel, etc. Similarly, that same range on ItG seems to have far too many 1/8th note runs, far too many 1/16th note runs, and not enough... well, just plain fun, tricky rhythms.

And ItG also has way too many charts that just face left all the damn time. E10.gif
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

79. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
There's a lot of stuff in the 7-9 range I really like, such as AM-3P, Ever Snow, Vanity Angel, etc.

What is it you like about AM-3P?

Ever Snow is a rather good stepchart with some nice rythm in it. Nothing really game-breaking though, but still, a fun chart.

Vanity Angel is an exceptionally well designed stepchart which uses sorrow steps very well. Both are excellent songs. Neither are challening.

I'll be happy to give you two equivalently fun charts on Expert: Rom-eo & Juli8 and Disconnected Mobius. Also fun, good songs, neither challenging.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: