Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR player getting started with ItG? Read here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cause it's at 1337 BPM. Expert is more fun, it doesn't have the rolls. E10.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PARANOiA -Respect-
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name is Terence. heres a true story.One day Terence was playing FFR when he saw Delirium. He reconized the artist. "OMG ITS TEH SMILEY!!!1 HES IN IN TEH GWOOVE!" so then he played Delirium. He liked it. So he wenyt upstairs and said "MOMZ I NEED IN TEH GWOOVE!!!1" "WHAT IZ DAT?" Mom asked "ITS IKE DEE DEE ARRRR" "O! OK!" so they went to the mall and bought In The Groove. Later Terenec was playing "I WUV IN TEH GWOOVE" Terence said. and he played it for about a month. Then he had a taste that couldn't be settled with In The Groove "I NEED MAH ERA (NON STALLING MIX)!!!!1" So he put in ddr max. and he got a D. "OMG WTF I IS TEH SUCKS NOW!" he went from a B to a D.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Okiyama
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:
That's cause it's at 1337 BPM. Expert is more fun, it doesn't have the rolls. E10.gif

laugh.gif 1337 bpm that's a lot like one of bemanis easter eggs the one where lom is 666 bmp

and guy who's post is above mine it's cause you got used to itg's look anf feel and you mightr have forgotten the tune of that in a months time
View users profile Send private message
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm a long time DDR player that wants to get into ITG. I read the opening post here, and found some good stuff, but I'm looking for some specific suggestions. I can play anything in DDR comfortably except LoM and PSMH/O, and that's mostly because I'm only now getting back into the game after a hiatus of a few months. I can AA just about anything under 9, A or better on any 9s except So Deep, CH, Orion Civ. Where should I be starting on ITG (there is an ITG 2 at an arcade not to far away)? How do the foot ratings compare (are 8s on ITG approximately equivalent to 8s on DDR, and so on)? What are some songs that, as someone who really likes the music in DDR, I might like in ITG?
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played ITG2 three times. I'm a 6-7 footer in DDR and usually have a hard time with 6 & 7s at the AC because the pads are usually really crappy.

It appears to me that at least in the range of 4-7 the stream or voltage of a song in DDR is higher than in ITG. For example, R&P light is a 4 and has almost no breaks in the entire song, has a good number of jumps and is quite fun. In ITG2, the songs I've tried (all of 9 of them) the same range I chose had steps that were generally more spaced out. Granted I didn't pick any weird mods but neither do I in DDR.

I really like the addition of mines -- there was one song I did that had 10 mines on Medium and passed in with a B+ so not great but not bad considering it was the first play of that song. I only wish the machine had its volume increased because I could barely hear any of them.

Now I think I'm gonna get ITG at home!
critikal
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJX wrote:
So I'm a long time DDR player that wants to get into ITG. I read the opening post here, and found some good stuff, but I'm looking for some specific suggestions. I can play anything in DDR comfortably except LoM and PSMH/O, and that's mostly because I'm only now getting back into the game after a hiatus of a few months. I can AA just about anything under 9, A or better on any 9s except So Deep, CH, Orion Civ. Where should I be starting on ITG (there is an ITG 2 at an arcade not to far away)? How do the foot ratings compare (are 8s on ITG approximately equivalent to 8s on DDR, and so on)? What are some songs that, as someone who really likes the music in DDR, I might like in ITG?

The 10's on itg are a little easier than the 10's on ddr. If stamina is the reason you can't comfortably do LoM/PSM(o), you might wanna try some 9's first. At the arcade if you hold the two side buttons, then press the middle one (for itg2 upgrade cabinets, I think it's the red button on a DC but I haven't played on one), it'll give you a list of options to sort by. If you sort by expert meter, go to the 9's and pick the ones last on the list, as those will have the most steps (making them the hardest generally). If stamina isn't an issue you should be able to comfortably do the 10's and some easy 11's in ITG (Xuxa, Charlene, Utopia).
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

critikal wrote:
Good stuff

Thanks, I'll start with some 9s on hard (I assume 9s on expert are significantly harder?) and maybe some 10s on hard as well. On a side note, I downloaded Energizer and my official goal is to get to playing that on hard ASAP; it's the greatest song ever...like Max 300 + awesome with a dash of freakin' sweet.
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I missed it, this FAQ doesn't say how much better the pads are on ITG dedicated cabinets! There isn't any bolts that your foot could get caught on when moving it over, the panels don't go in so your foot never gets caught in them, and the arrows are super sensitive! I can do July expert on an ITG cabinet but I know that I wouldn't be able to do it on a DDR cabinet.
critikal
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJX wrote:

Thanks, I'll start with some 9s on hard (I assume 9s on expert are significantly harder?) and maybe some 10s on hard as well. On a side note, I downloaded Energizer and my official goal is to get to playing that on hard ASAP; it's the greatest song ever...like Max 300 + awesome with a dash of freakin' sweet.

Not really, I find tension hard (9), to be harder than some of the easier expert 9's. For starting 9's try Da Roots, and Rom-eo&Juli8. Tough enough is pretty easy too.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot Remember December (h). That one is fast, but just 1/8th note runs and gallops. It was my friend's second nine... on DDR or ITG. (His first was on DDR... I don't remember what.)
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a Pump It Up player getting started in ITG? ^^ Granted, I've played it on my crappy soft pad a little bit, and played a bit on stepmania, but I've never truly played the game. I should be getting my flux in the mail this Wed, so any idea's where someone who can pass XTreme (crazy 14) should start with ITG? From the what I've played using step mania (instead of the crappy softpad). Charlene on Expert looks passable, if it wasn't for the mines. Have problems with that even using stepmania (on the keyboard). riiight.gif;
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that depends. Have you played 4-panel dance games with your feet before? If no, get started on really easy stuff and work your way up. Other than that...

...well, comparisons aren't that direct. Pump's step-style is very different than DDR's. Don't start with something that looks passable, start with something that looks EASY, and work your way up as quickly as you feel comfortable.
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I got my flux today, and got to play a few sets. I did a ultra easy song, Pink Dinosaur (yes, I know DDR, but I wanted something stupid and easy to be my first song. E10.gif) and got 58.2%. Looked at the pad closely, loosened up the screws, and tried Land of the Rising Sun on hard, and got 75.6%. riiight.gif; Yeah, four panels is very different vs 10 panel (I play nightmare 80% of the time with Pump, but I really can't afford two fluxes riiight.gif; ). Tried a lot of the other ITG songs: Torn, Xaxu, Charlene, and others on easier mods...I'm starting to get the hang of it. .I'll keep it up with these easy songs till I can start getting 90%+ on them.
trayball2k
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff everyone says is cool but emm, Wouldn't our softpads get destroyed by playing just Delirium on Hard? The only solution to this would lie in metal, screws, bolts and that sort of thing. Bit pricy don't ya think?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trayball2k wrote:
The stuff everyone says is cool but emm, Wouldn't our softpads get destroyed by playing just Delirium on Hard? The only solution to this would lie in metal, screws, bolts and that sort of thing. Bit pricy don't ya think?
...I've played 10s and 11s on a soft pad. The soft pad was fine afterwards.

8s aren't going to kill your pad.
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delirium on hard is a 9, kthnx.

Anyways, I've played 11s on my pad too, but then again it is an RO Ignition v3. ;D It's still great nonetheless, as I take good care of my pads.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka wrote:
Delirium on hard is a 9, kthnx.
I'm pretty damn sure it's an 8. One, I have distinct memories of Pure Hell normal having an 8 in it, and it sure as hell isn't Tell or Hardcore of the North. Two, it'd be a damn easy 9 if it is a 9.
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always remembered that it was a 9. =/

| Pics | Play-Asia |
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands make a long-time DDR player born again.

First time playing for real was a couple of days ago, and I already have so much <3 for ROM-eo & Juli8 Ex.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

79. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, to be cool roxor just made a myspace account, add them!

http://www.myspace.com/roxorgames

this will help you alot in switching frmo DDR to ITG E4.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: