Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR player getting started with ItG? Read here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxx301
Basic Member
Basic Member

40. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game looks flippin' sweet! laugh.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

41. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG is awsome! it has the encorporation of hands which is nice but takes a little bit to get used to. also the difficulty is way higher than DDR especally bc they have 11 step songs in there. also avg song length is 30 sec longer than DDR's.
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itg is really good!
I %#^%@$%! HATE MINES!
Hands are fun E1.gif E1.gif E1.gif E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need_Stamina wrote:
itg is really good!
I %#^%@$%! HATE MINES!
Hands are fun E1.gif E1.gif E1.gif E1.gif
Personally, I think hands are sort of dumb at times, while I love mines to death. Especially in songs like Disconnected Mobius, where you really have to work to avoid them. (They're sort of silly in VerTex, because you don't even have to try to avoid all of the mines except something like ten of them.) You can tell that features are getting really out there when people are so divided in their opinions of them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Is a FEC the equivalent of a DDR "AAA"? I seem to be able to get a FEC more easily than a triple AAA - or rather to avoid greats in ITG more than I can in DDR. What is the timing for Fantastics, Excellents, Greats, etc. vs Marvelous, Perfect, Great, etc?
View users profile Send private message
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically yes. Fantastics = Marvelous and Excellents = Perfect for the most part.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, excellents and fantastics are SLIGHTLY looser than perfects and marvelous, respectively. So, it's a bit easier to get an FEC on ITG than a AAA on DDR. (I FEC'd Solina on hard well before I AAA'd my first heavy song on DDR, Kind Lady.) However, the accomplishments are still quite similar in scope. I'd compare a DDR AAA to an ITG * or **.
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Rankings: Itg Vs Ddr Reply with quote

Could somebody please elaborate on the whole rankings thing, with all the AAA's, B's, *'s, percentages, and whatnot? I just wanted to know b/c i'm picking up ITG for PS2 on Wednesday.
-Thanks
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
naturally untalented
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played for the first time yesterday and I can say I was definately impressed. Since I appear to be the only one who has heard of ItG in my friend's circle, I will be sure to pass on the joys of ItG to others while making a few extra trips to the arcade myself E1.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Brick Tamland(LoveRevenG)
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is a D+ or a D- ?

I was just wondering because I've never been able to score that low.
I'm back from a 4-5 year hiatus from the forums. If you're a real DDRfreak veteran you may remember me as RevenG or the creator of EmoRanDdr. Oh the imature days of youth..well I've recently gotten back into the DDR scene and am back at the forums! I've missed everyone quite a bit and am glad to be back. PM me about anything if you wanna chat! Reppin that North Carolina DDR!!! E10.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
ThemsAllTook
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be. I Decent attacked a song and passed with about 18%, and it was still a D.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Rankings: Itg Vs Ddr Reply with quote

noise_tank24 wrote:
AAA's
There are no AAAs.

Anyway, this is taken from the Stepmania ITG skin, so it may not be 100% accurate.
100 = ****
99 = ***
98 = **
96 = *
94 = S+
92 = S
89 = S-
86 = A+
83 = A
80 = A-
76 = B+
72 = B
68 = B-
64 = C+
60 = C
55 = C-
Anything less than that is a D.
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fail, it's an F. Duh. Anything lower than 55 but still passing is a D.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added sections covering Marathon mode (I can't believe I forgot that! >_<) and Survival mode. Give them a look to learn about the gameplay modes available in In the Groove 1 and 2.
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The Groove's 10 footers are typically harder than DDR's 10 footers. When I got ITG a month or so back, I could not pass any of the DDR 10s except for Sakura and Bag. I got the PS2 version of ITG and a metal pad, and played away. Eventually, I made VerTex hard my first ITG 10, and immediately after, I passed My Favorite Game expert, my second 10. I began using those two to build my endurance, sometimes doing VerTex expert and Pandemonium hard to build my stamina (can't pass them yet but I can keep up with them for the most part). I tried DDR again yesterday, and got an easy B on Max300. It felt so easy that I tried it again and got another B. I then got a C on MaxxUnlimited. Maxx felt a bit tough, but Max300 didn't tire me out or confuse me in the least. After passing those, I barely passed Walking On Fire, making it my third ITG 10. This song is MUCH harder than Max or Maxx.

The only 10 that doesn't tire me out on ITG is VerTex hard. Even My Favorite Game tires me out by the time the crazy 1/16 run at the end is finished.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG 10s are different than DDR 10s. Try Remember December. It has only a few 1/16th runs that are nasty (at 190+ BPM... ouch). Everything else is standard 1/8th notes... pretty easy. Thus, it's tiring, and it's difficult to FC, but it's easier for some players to fudge through it than something truly vicious like MAX 300.

Also, there's Walking on Fire... which for some players is much harder than something like MAX 300 because of its near-constant 1/16th notes and turning... but I find it much easier because of its lower speed of runs.

Last edited by Rancidfish on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
roxfan
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: first time;) Reply with quote

Well, I finally got to play ITG2 for the first time and I was very impressed. Part of it could have been that the machine is practically brand new, so the pads are still perfect. But in all fairness, I also really love the % thing and the new songs to play (compared to DDR). Granted I'm not at the Expert level, so I won't engage in the 10's vs 12's discussion, but I definately think that this game is a breath of fresh air for DDR lovers around the world.

I started out pretty easy just to get my footing. On DDR, I can consistantly score well (A or AA) on most 7 & 8 footers. On ITG, I started with a 4, then a 5 footer and was able to get above 98% on both of them. Then I got crazy and tried a 7-footer (Queen of Light) for my 3rd song. Had some trouble with the step pattern the first part of the song, but recovered pretty well in the end.... didn't pass it though:( Wish I could have played more but time was short. Gotta get back soon cuz it looks like there are a lot of good songs to try.
dJbunGle
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow you sure do know how to introduce a game i give you props

person1-has anyone gotten 100% on any song? is it possible? i've seen all these scores of 90% and up to 99% but never 100% anyone done that yet?
person2-I heard JSB did once, and all DDR machines within ten miles exploded and orphans flooded the arcade and carried JSB out with the ITG machine into a grassy field where he played guitar for them with his wang.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
PARANOiA -Respect-
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and songs like Robotix. The speedup on hard. Hey look how fast the mines are going. you better hope some dude doesn't hold the down arrow when you're not looking.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: