Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR player getting started with ItG? Read here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but the 10's in DDR vary in difficulty as well. You can't compare Bag to Paranoia Survivor Max on Oni...but then I guess you can't compare Paranoia Survivor Max on Oni to Pandemonium either.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Arctic Wolves
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
As mentioned before (I think), the hardest rating is 13. 10s are about equivalent to DDR 10s, so even 11s and 12s are very far above and beyond anything you'll find in DDR.

I'd say the 10's are more like Mad Blast, Outer Limits, and 桜 are more like the ItG 10's (i.e. I could potentially fudge my way through them on the first try). 11's are getting into MAX and PARANOiA territory. The 12's and 13's are, however, unprecedented. Of course, there are exceptions, but I understand that it's mostly accepted that Mythology Expert is pretty 11-ish.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Wolves wrote:
Rancidfish wrote:
As mentioned before (I think), the hardest rating is 13. 10s are about equivalent to DDR 10s, so even 11s and 12s are very far above and beyond anything you'll find in DDR.

I'd say the 10's are more like Mad Blast, Outer Limits, and 桜 are more like the ItG 10's (i.e. I could potentially fudge my way through them on the first try). 11's are getting into MAX and PARANOiA territory.
I'd disagree. I've found that as a general rule, ItG 10s are harder to do well on that DDR 10s. I've FC'd PARANOiA Survivor and do so fairly easily, and MAX 300 I've gotten within... 7 steps of a full-combo. Many ItG 10s are like Remember December, Hand of Time, and so on... too fast for me to do with any degree of accuracy, so I can pass them fairly easily by fudging through them, but I must fudge them to pass.

The 10s that I can actually do well on, they're actually much more difficult to BS through, such as Walking on Fire. They're slower, but much more consistently difficult. It looks like Tribal Style, ITG2, will be another such 10, since it's always hard, but in general not very hard. Like So Deep, but with more 1/16th note runs.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Wolves wrote:
Rancidfish wrote:

I'd say the 10's are more like Mad Blast, Outer Limits, and 桜 are more like the ItG 10's (i.e. I could potentially fudge my way through them on the first try). 11's are getting into MAX and PARANOiA territory. The 12's and 13's are, however, unprecedented. Of course, there are exceptions, but I understand that it's mostly accepted that Mythology Expert is pretty 11-ish.
Eh... Outer Limits, Sakura, and Mad Blast would be 9s on ITG, since several 9s are harder than both. Touch Me Expert, On A Day Like Today Expert, Tension Hard, etc. Sakura seems only slightly more difficult than Pandemonium Medium. I can't think of any 10s that aren't at least as tough as Cartoon Heroes. Maybe Queen of Light or Hand of Time Expert? Zodiac Expert was easy, but that's a 9 now.

ITG 10s are the equivelant of DDR 10s. The only 11-worthy 10 on Extreme is PSMO. Max. (period) and Paranoia Respect are in the 11 range too. The Beginning, July, Pandemonium Hard, and Infection are harder than anything. The bottom line is, if you can pass several of the 10s on DDR, you shouldn't have too much trouble with ITG 10s (save Mythology and Disconnected Hyper). You might even be able to pass the 10-ish 11s, Utopia and Charlene.

Mythology is plain messed up. It feels like a 9 for most of the song, then out of nowhere it throws a gigantic 16th run at you, that's longer and harder to pull of than PSMO. On the whole, Mythology is easier than PSMO, but that ending is way WAY too hard for a 10.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Arctic Wolves
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my point was, since the MAXes and PARANOiAs are flying by at such a nice clip, and are so step-heavy (unlike 桜), I simply can't BS through them on a first playthrough. ItG 10's are definitely 10's; they'd be so on DDR, a lot of them flashing even, but since they have 10's at 130BPM and such, I can just kind of fudge through them. I won't score well, and it'll take a lot of practice to refine my stepping on them, but they're entirely passable on an initial read-through. It's no doubt I can score much better on MAX 300 than I could with the ItG 10's, but I'm rating them on a passability scale, rather than a scoring scale. If that makes any sense. Although I did say there were exceptions, and Mythology and Disconnected Hyper certainly are.

I suppose you could say the bottom tier of the 10's are similar to DDR 10's, but unlike DDR the "10 tier" goes up, to the limit of, and including 11's, then to 12's, etc.

Zodiac became a 9? It's borderline, but considering its speed I guess that makes it overall less intense.
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently ITG2 is going to be released and i'm hoping my arcade will get a version of it. Looking at it now though how are they going to top a song like pandemonium with its 900+ max combo. I guess they can make it so that you have to use your hands in a 1/16 run...
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Wolves wrote:
Zodiac became a 9? It's borderline, but considering its speed I guess that makes it overall less intense.
I full-comboed Zodiac on my first try, and it's not particularly tiring. By comparison, I have not full-comboed any other ItG 10s.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so if I'm beginning on ITG and I can AA Max 300 then I could probably start out with 10's (in ITG)?
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but the skills are slightly different. A lot of ItG 10s involve 1/16th runs at 180 BPM or faster... which is 20% faster than the 1/8th note runs in MAX 300.

However, you'll still likely be able to pass the songs fairly easily. Also be on the lookout, though, since ItG songs are two minutes long as opposed to one and a half.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

questionmark? wrote:
Ok, so if I'm beginning on ITG and I can AA Max 300 then I could probably start out with 10's (in ITG)?

you'll just now hafta get use to hitting with your hands E13.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is ernie or izaya or jack on any of these things i think ernie is but i have no idea so anyway this is damian quate back
View users profile Send private message Send email
RicoSuave
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please Explain to me how in the Groove WorkS? Can songs be
installed ? Does it really work like stepmania?
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RicoSuave wrote:
Can someone please Explain to me how in the Groove WorkS? Can songs be
installed ? Does it really work like stepmania?

sigh...people really need to stop saying "OMG ITG IS SM!!!"

it uses the stepmania engine. many games use open source engines. that doesn't mean they are exactly the same.

No you cannot install your own songs onto ITG. it has its own unique songlist that cannot be modified by the user. it is a commercial music game, and as such it has a static songlist, much like any other commercial music game on the market (DDR, PIU, IIDX, etc...can't add songs to those either). It would be HIGHLY illegal to have a music game that you could add your own songs to because of licensing issues.
View users profile Send private message
Disconnected airSpirit
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jboy and FEPJustgayenuf in NC have passed Pandemonium. happy.gif I believe Jboy's done it again, and knowing Fep he probably has as well.

There's a few others that are giving it a try too. I personally do not like fast songs nor do I have the skill to handle such hard steps, so it ain't happening for me anytime soon.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Phil Hellmuth
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldnt have been told better.

WELL SAID E7.gif
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of writing something up about easiest 12s, as well, since I just passed my own first 12 (VerTex... and I still get too tired for Charlene), but I realized there are only five 12s, and any of them could really work as a "first" 12, since they're hard in wildly different ways. For example, I know a guy who can pass Hardcore of the North and Tell, but not Delirium or VerTex, despite the fact that they're considered the easiest 12s by many people.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was that thread about ranking 12's earlier... ... http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=103061
which you obviously read before since you posted in that thread.

I guess you can write about how each is hard in its own way, like Euphoria with its 32nd runs, Vertex and HotN with its speed changes (and that 612bpm in Vertex, HotN's combination of 16ths and 16th triplets), Delirium with its easy stuff except for the huge 16th run, Tell with its 16th jump... etc (of course I'm just generalizing).
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent excellent excellent explanation on itg. I can't wait till we actually get it over here. We are so unworthy!!! E2.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Alezay
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR player getting started with ItG? Read here! Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
Go for 96.00% to get that elusive "star" rating!

Is this elusive enough?

You should also add the other cutoffs.

98.00% = Double Star

99.00% = Triple Star

100.00% = Quadruple Star

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly havnet played DDR in months, and ive only just been eyeing ITG from here at my computer seat. It sounds very interesting as far as new feeatures compared to DDR. I may have to pick this up once it comes out for the PS2.....maybe ill be able to find an arcade machine near me.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: