Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR player getting started with ItG? Read here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catnapp3r
Trick Member
Trick Member

120. PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick quesion: are the timing windows the same at home and in the arcade?
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

121. PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoneWolfMcQuade wrote:
quick quesion: are the timing windows the same at home and in the arcade?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, for all practical purposes. The timing windows aren't actually the exact same size; the home timing window is slightly bigger. The reason for this (I think) is to compensate for the PS2's lower sample rate. Roxor set the PS2 version's perfect window so that a test player got the same score on both platforms. So while the PS2 version's timing window is a little bigger, getting Fantastics on a song is as hard as it is at the arcade (assuming the song is synced the same).
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
Monkey_Style
Trick Member
Trick Member

122. PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if someone mentioned it, but if you play doubles, there's something that took me by surprise.

Hands on doubles also include knees. That's 6 arrows at the same time.
It's pretty rare, but it's there. There's one in the middle of Bend Your Mind expert where you have both down arrows on hold, then 2nd Player's left(Hold), then 1st player's right(hold), then both up arrows while holding the previous 4 arrows.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey_Style wrote:
Hands on doubles also include knees. That's 6 arrows at the same time.
It's pretty rare, but it's there. There's one in the middle of Bend Your Mind expert where you have both down arrows on hold, then 2nd Player's left(Hold), then 1st player's right(hold), then both up arrows while holding the previous 4 arrows.

But since those last two arrows are right near the end of the freeze arrows, I think you can just quickly move your hands to from R1 L2 to U1 U2 without breaking the freeze.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
Tyrgannus
Trick Member
Trick Member

124. PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...or you can use your knees because then it forces you to bow to the screen which is, as I may say, one of the most creative gimmicks of all stepcharts. I personally use my knees and bow.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

125. PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knees, as mentioned, show up in Bend Your Mind DH, Bend Your Mind DX, and Disconnected Disco DX. As of right now, I'm fairly certain they're only in those three charts, other than edits.

And yes, it's so much easier to use your hands twice >_>... I find I always drop the holds my feet are on if I try to use my knees.
Trick Member
Trick Member

126. PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if this was asked already, but on DDR i can pass the songs on my tip toes, including 10 footers. is it possible to pass 11 footers and above on ITG on tip toes?..or ..no...?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Catnapp3r
Trick Member
Trick Member

127. PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixel Plix wrote:
i dont know if this was asked already, but on DDR i can pass the songs on my tip toes, including 10 footers. is it possible to pass 11 footers and above on ITG on tip toes?..or ..no...?

Absolutely not. If you even try passing an 11 on your toes, you will most likely spontaneously combust.

Really, it is possible and not that hard on 11s, but once you get higher or try to FA it is definitely worth it to flat foot.
KingofLight06
Trick Member
Trick Member

128. PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once ITG3 comes out, you should probably change the explanation on freeze rolls just a little bit. They are starting to use 1 footed rolls E1.gif . Just look at Esperanza expert E1.gif
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvH_n3bUCU&search=ITG%20PC
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

129. PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say this again, they are not freeze rolls. There's no freezing involved; they're just rolls.

Also, I wouldn't trust those videos unless they're from a machine which you can see. They could be edits. They could also be poorly done edits.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
KingofLight06
Trick Member
Trick Member

130. PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malice of BluR wrote:
I say this again, they are not freeze rolls. There's no freezing involved; they're just rolls.

Also, I wouldn't trust those videos unless they're from a machine which you can see. They could be edits. They could also be poorly done edits.

Yeah. My mistake. I have to stop putting "freeze" in front of it E1.gif . I think that's the official chart, because I think that was Roxor's station at E3, but I could be wrong. And it does say C. Foy on the loading screen, but that could be easily faked.
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

131. PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got itg yesterday and i suckkkkk. im only in hard mode, but i can almost pass vertex on hard. biggrin.gif Stupid speedy ending. >_<

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
SKTZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

132. PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catnapp3r wrote:
Mixel Plix wrote:

Absolutely not. If you even try passing an 11 on your toes, you will most likely spontaneously combust.

Really, it is possible and not that hard on 11s, but once you get higher or try to FA it is definitely worth it to flat foot.

Iono I've never had any problems playing on my toes. If that's what you're used to go for it theres nothing magical about your heels that will improve your speed or timing or balance.
Asymptote
Trick Member
Trick Member

133. PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariogirl wrote:
i got itg yesterday and i suckkkkk. im only in hard mode, but i can almost pass vertex on hard. biggrin.gif Stupid speedy ending. >_<

try it on hallway, distant, or mini, if youre using overhead... guaraunteed to help
Trick Member
Trick Member

134. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yeah, I just played ITG the first tiem yesterday. It was fun! Loved the songs. Went psychotic on rolls and wasted too much energy. Hit just about every mine. Finally saw someone pass Destiny in real life (although he kinda botched the first part, still impressive).
Accomplishments.
First Songs:
Bang- Hard did awful
Delirium- Medium (hard scared me) great got an S
Energizer -Medium some guys there told me to do it thinking I would fail (i think at least), but I knew the song because i play stepmania so the slow part was actually very easy. The faster parts with the triplets or whatever they are were pretty fun too!
It's official. I like ITG probably more than DDR. Controls made sense and I could actually hold a freeze (I literally weigh 100 lbs.) and on DDR it wouldn't register. The people there were very helpful and i ended up failing/playing a couple songs with them. Watched someone play a song on edit (a 15 footer by Duk Amok i think) and they failed hXc on that, but it was cool to watch. That and I liked the songs quite a bit. I never really played much of the lyric songs. The highest i ever got in ddr was C on Paranois Survivor. I thought I'd hate hallway, but I never really noticed it. Thanks a lot you're guide did help!
Tyrgannus
Trick Member
Trick Member

135. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nordic316 wrote:
Watched someone play a song on edit (a 15 footer by Duk Amok i think)

Was the song No.1 Nation? If so, I know the edit, and I know how crazy it is.
nordic316
Trick Member
Trick Member

136. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that was exactly what it was. thanks!
I mean if I tried it on stepmania i could probably FC it in about two tries, but with feet I was just like wtf?
Asymptote
Trick Member
Trick Member

137. PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nordic316 wrote:
I thought I'd hate hallway, but I never really noticed it. Thanks a lot you're guide did help!

remember you can always just switch to overhead, that's what most people do..
Trick Member
Trick Member

138. PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread . I used to be a DDR player but now ITG2 is popular and they removed DDR from my arcade frown.gif
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

139. PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be trying ITG2 this week sometime. I think I will play mostly on Hard and see if I can get some scores for GrooveTrack. I don't think I'm ready for Expert yet. riiight.gif

I've watched a lot of ITG videos and I love all the music I've heard, so I'm excited for a chance to finally play the game. I'm just going to have to write my scores down though since I don't have a USB drive.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: