Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR player getting started with ItG? Read here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj_sammylvr03 wrote:
Could you explain the grading system though. I noticed it is totally different from DDR.
It's really pretty similar to DDR's, just with more grades. ThemsAllTook has it basically covered, but I'll just add... the grades, from best to worst, are:
F, D, C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, A-, A, A+, S-, S, S+, *, **, ***, ****

Which means it's basically a lot like the grades you might get at school, but with some extra grades up at the top to qualify the best performances. As ThemsAllTook mentioned, a **** is 100%, a perfect score... and those are really quite a bit more difficult to get than DDR AAAs.

In terms of scoring, if you don't want to remember the exact numbers, just remember:
1) There are fantastics and excellents now, rather than just perfects. Your fantastic:excellent ratio counts for about 20% of your grade, so if you get all excellents and above, it can still be worth anywhere from 80% (usually around 90-something% though) to 100% depending on how many fantastics you got. The main difference between the different star grades is often more about fantastics and excellents than larger errors like greats, misses, etc.
2) Holds aren't worth as much (only as much as one step, rather than three), probably primarily because some songs have lots of holds. If holds were still weighted equivalent to in DDR, that would be most of your grade in songs like Disconnected -Mobius- on expert.
3) There are mines, now, and they hurt your grade a little worse than getting a decent.

So... ThemsAllTook described the grading system quantitatively, and I've given a more qualitative overview of the changes. Hope they're both helpful and informative.
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so ya, i made the jump last night.

omg i felt like such a noobcake @ first then i figured out how to get the arrows to scroll the way i wanted and i was set! and im pretty about passin Oasis on Hard (or whatever the 9 foot one is) i like those bomb deallies that you cant be on that arrow or you get hit, thats sweet!

View users profile Send private message Send email
Tyrgannus
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll just wait 'til Christmas and if I don't get it, I'l go out and buy it with the money that I KNOW I'll get. I've been looking at the stepcharts and realizing that the songs are around 2 minutes long and I honestly think I can tackle all the 10's right now and like 1 or 2 11's. It's true I've never played ITG but I can pass PSMO without really getting too terribly tired and I can do 4 DDR 10's in a row so yeah, I think I'm ready

In ITG's difficulty defense, I don't think I can do any 12's and 13's are funny-joke hard. But I equate PSMO to most of your guys 11's.
View users profile Send private message
Jedo
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need help. In DDR I can pass any song 8 foot or lower, almost all 9 footers, and some 10 footers, and can double AA almost anything 8 foot or lower. I'm having trouble with a lot of ITG songs though. Specificaly, reading some of the dense parts without speed mods. Alos, moving my feet fast and accuratly enough. I play strictly on my toes, and I just can't seem to get the hang of playing flat footed(like hitting arrows with my heel). Advice anyone?
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedo wrote:
I'm having trouble with a lot of ITG songs though. Specificaly, reading some of the dense parts without speed mods.
If it's tough to read without speed mods, then use speed mods. There's nothing stopping you... ITG2 even defaults to 1.5x rather than 1x. If reading is difficult when it's slow, turn up the speed. Any mods that don't disqualify your score are fair game according to the developers, and players are generally expected to play at whatever speed mod they feel most comfortable. I most frequently find myself playing 1x or 1.5x, because I'm comfortable at those speeds, but a lot of players play on at least 2x, even on fast songs like Energizer, and 4x or 5x on faster songs.
Jedo wrote:
Alos, moving my feet fast and accuratly enough. I play strictly on my toes, and I just can't seem to get the hang of playing flat footed(like hitting arrows with my heel). Advice anyone?
If you're uncomfortable playing flat-footed, then by all means keep playing on your toes. Some stuff is a bit easier with toes, some is easier with flat feet. Do whatever works for you.

When you're learning to do faster steps, working on full-comboing some of the harder nines can help a lot. I Think I Like That Sound has some long 1/16th note runs at a fairly low speed, so that's good practice for working up your agility to hit fast runs accurately.
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedo wrote:
I play strictly on my toes, and I just can't seem to get the hang of playing flat footed(like hitting arrows with my heel). Advice anyone?

Sit down and rock your foot from heel to toe fast, it builds the muscle in that part of the leg and makes it work better. I, personally, still play on toes, and if you still feel uncomfortable flat footin', dont worry about flat foot...
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finally got to play ITG for the first time ever and.... OMG i love it. i think its better than DDR personally. Also now since i have played it DDR isnt as fun as it was, but i still like it. All the hands and rolls are so fun. this post is awesome. when i found out that a place (somewhat) near me was getting ITG i went looking for info about it and i found this one. it helped me so much when i finally got to play.

thanks guys.

edit:
mavrik_055 wrote:
Jedo wrote:
I play strictly on my toes, and I just can't seem to get the hang of playing flat footed(like hitting arrows with my heel). Advice anyone?

Sit down and rock your foot from heel to toe fast, it builds the muscle in that part of the leg and makes it work better. I, personally, still play on toes, and if you still feel uncomfortable flat footin', dont worry about flat foot...

also you can stand on your heal, the try to point your toes as veritical as you can then back down on the floor and just do that over and over again. but dont do it fast do it nice and slow. you should be able to feel the burn. lol

www.cakeradio.com
Cake Radio! - Music for the Merovingian in YOU!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Zeldy2
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Saguenay (lac-st-jean / alma), Quebec NOT A SINGLE ARCADE IN MY CITY :'(
107. PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna ask a little thing, are the songs in ITG similar to DDR or it's completly another style, because i like most of the song in DDR so if it's the same type of songs in ITG, i'll manage to buy it laugh.gif
Love is orange (heavy) : AA

My very first AAA ^^
Look at us (beginner)
si un prof se tue a t'expliquer, ne fait rien et laisse le mourrir...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
kaosskratchet
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna get ITG2 if possible for Christmas, but i have no clue where to get it, so does anyone know where i could buy it?

It seems that you need a password for purchasing it on DDR Freak, so is there any other place?
erm.gif

[quote:bd08be2732="Schupo"]People with phDs are still stupid, just in a smaller percentage.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
NW330
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very informative. I just started playing ITG2 and you cleared up some stuff I didn't understand yet (such as how Survival works).

I'm so in love with Marathon courses (Driven is amusing)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

110. PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaosratchet wrote:
I wanna get ITG2 if possible for Christmas, but i have no clue where to get it, so does anyone know where i could buy it?

It seems that you need a password for purchasing it on DDR Freak, so is there any other place?
erm.gif
You can't buy ITG2.

Well...
Perhaps you meant the arcade machine? inthegroove.biz
E10.gif

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
IHYD.Tiza
Trick Member
Trick Member

111. PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeldy, did you mean style as in musically or in terms of the stepcharts? Either way, they're completely different, but in a good way IMHO.
Zeldy2
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Saguenay (lac-st-jean / alma), Quebec NOT A SINGLE ARCADE IN MY CITY :'(
112. PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiza (you KNOW!) wrote:
Zeldy, did you mean style as in musically or in terms of the stepcharts? Either way, they're completely different, but in a good way IMHO.

well, i was talking about musically but it can be also stepcharts E15.gif Thanks E1.gif
Love is orange (heavy) : AA

My very first AAA ^^
Look at us (beginner)
si un prof se tue a t'expliquer, ne fait rien et laisse le mourrir...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Tyrgannus
Trick Member
Trick Member

113. PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just got ITG for Christmas, and I had never played it before.

Wow....fun and hard.......I like it.

I can beat all but one 10-footer in ITG already, but seeing that I can beat every 10-footer in DDR, it doesn't surprise me to much. If you're wondering which one, its Aunbis, I'm not used to all 4's I guess.

Anyways,.......is Hardcore of the North's Expert stepchart...........possible???

I mean, I've already beaten all but one 10, and Charlene (That's an 11) and I can barely get a third way through Hardcore of the North. However, it is like the coolest sounding song ever
View users profile Send private message
IHYD.Tiza
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's very possible. Check this out.

The 12s are really tough, so don't worry that you can't pass them yet. Start by taking out the 11s, and when you feel really comfortable, start taking a crack at the 12s. I'd recommend either VerTex or Delirium first, VerTex if you have good endurance overall and can at least fake reading 612 for a little bit (study the ending in Training first to help you out), or Delirium if you're fast and can handle fairly long death runs.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself... keep it up! E1.gif
Mark Scott
Trick Member
Trick Member

115. PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played for the first time today. The first thing I noticed was how the longer songs through me off at first. At first I was ready for the songs to end, but no they just keep on going. Heh. Once I got over that, it was fairly easy to make the change over to ITG. I started playing a few 7,8, and 9 level songs before moving on to expert. I was able to pass Anubis, but I turned off hands. I am going to try again tomorrow with everything on.
Be_Without_You
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stepmania - Reality (Reach) x2 Stealth AAA

LMAO this is a joke guys. I opened the perfect window to 20 seconds and just hit they keys as fast as I could. Show it to your friends and tell them its real hahaha. Enjoy it!

That's Isn't Joke in This Funny Video disturb.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mhCtqZmSJ6k
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
IHYD.Tiza
Trick Member
Trick Member

117. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...what the hell?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Dark Angel
Trick Member
Trick Member

118. PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E11.gif What the F***K that's insane. I guess that answered my question about what would a death metal song would be like on Stepmania. Where can I get that song I want to try it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

119. PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great thread.

Maxs. How do I get this in my sig?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: