Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

April Fools?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birdman151617
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: April Fools? Reply with quote

Is this an April Fools Joke? Itg is barely popular so it must be a joke for this site to change to Itg. THey would lose so much money blink.gif
Ace Of Hearts
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the thread "zomg Joke" in this same forum.

Yes, as far as I can tell, it's the April Fools' prank this year.

However, I wouldn't mind if the ITG stuff stayed (as long as all the DDR stuff came back...), it's not such a bad game.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheres the itg regional boards frown.gif
View users profile Send private message
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: April Fools? Reply with quote

birdman151617 wrote:
Is this an April Fools Joke? Itg is barely popular so it must be a joke for this site to change to Itg. THey would lose so much money blink.gif
Barely popular? There are over 100 machines worldwide, and the game has been out for less than a year. It'll spread. biggrin.gif

Also, DDRFreak would lose money? Do DDR players pay a subscription?
Staff Member
Staff Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... ITG is the new thing. I mean, just look at DDR Extreme for the console. They had to add the freaking EyeToy to get some attention. Sure, ITG isn't that well-known, but even without the massive corporate powers and advertising execs that Konami has, they're spreading like weeds.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: April Fools? Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
Also, DDRFreak would lose money? Do DDR players pay a subscription?

You haven't seen Shinmizu and my vast offshore bank account.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: April Fools? Reply with quote

birdman151617 wrote:
Itg is barely popular

Apparently, my university's arcade's Extreme Plus turned into ITG just last week. Previously it was $1 for 5 songs, and there's like not very many people (me and a few others) who play it. After we got ITG, $1 for 3 songs, and now I actually have to line up to play. I think it might be "barely popular" if there isn't a machine somewhere nearby, but WHERE there is a machine, I think it'll be popular (at least for a while hehe).
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u havent noticed more people have been playing itg more and www.itgfreak.com is becoming the new thing and keep in mind itg2 is comin out in a few months and fun n games arcade just ordered it woooooo <3 itg personally there both great games but im loving itg more then ddr at the moment go try some nonstop courses on itg random mods baby oh ya happy.gif Energy FTW (ftw=for the win) dam noobs
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:
Dude... ITG is the new thing. I mean, just look at DDR Extreme for the console. They had to add the freaking EyeToy to get some attention. Sure, ITG isn't that well-known, but even without the massive corporate powers and advertising execs that Konami has, they're spreading like weeds.

Well its really easy to seem new and awesome when all you do is shamelessly rip off an already established game and simply add your own features. DDR for life... frick ITG
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? You guys didn't pay to become members of DDRFreak? T-T

Kiba, why did I have to give you the $19.99 USD wire transfer to some account in Switzerland? T-T

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
IamMe
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's biased people like you that parade the "DDR 4 LIF4!!!1" motto which I can't stand.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
voldekillssnape
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itg is fun, new, and more challenging.

but you have to admit, ddr has more memorable songs.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quad wrote:
Well its really easy to seem new and awesome when all you do is shamelessly rip off an already established game and simply add your own features. DDR for life... frick ITG

by that token all the fighting games that people clamour over nowadays are garbage because they involve two players attacking each other to lower their opponent's lifebar. all shooting games are shameless ripoffs of duck hunt, and final fantasy/chrono trigger/any-other-rpg sucks because dragon warrior came first.

riiiiight.

sounds like someone needs to ditch the fanboyism and broaden their horizons.
View users profile Send private message
Apex
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InTheGroove is a much better game in general than DDR... if this really is a joke, it's kind of insulting.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: