Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

good??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arctic Wolves
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I picked up my first DDR game ever (MAX2US), I didn't know any of the artist on it except for Kylie Minogue. DJ Sammy? Crystal Method? Dirty Vegas? Didn't know them at all, though by now I've heard some other songs by them on the radio and other albums, and once I popped in the game I did recognize Days Go By, but that's two songs out of 69. Hell, I still thought all the Naoki songs were real songs and was wondering why there weren't any RevenG albums out.

But I understand what you mean. Just the recognition of one name can make people see a game in a different light. Just about anybody is bound to know of Darude or Kylie Minogue. And I admit that, before ItG, I didn't know a majority of those artists. In fact, I thought some of them were in-house artists; imagine my surprise when I found out that Digital Explosion was a real group. Although Missing Heart will probably pick up some name recognition, she's still not popular in the sense that a casual gamer considering a dancing game would recognize her name.

Although once they hear her songs, they won't care who she is, just that she's amazing. =P
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alezay wrote:
Not hitting mines is pie. It can and has been done with every song. The only two songs with more mines than Iraq would be Infection Expert, and VerTex Expert. ITG is much harder than DDR and on top of that requires precision timing. After passing everything in the game, I went over to DDR. Songs I couldn't pass before I played ITG became pie. It's moslty because ITG has more complex step patterns than DDR. + how many songs in DDR are packed with 16th? I mean, 9 block songs on ITG have 555+ steps. (555 is the number of steps in MAX 300 btw) I personally like ITG more than DDR. I would recommend ITG to anyone who's looking for something outside of DDR. Be warned, don't try to show off on your first play just cause you can pass PSM Heavy. You'd be surprised how u do......

hmmm...somebody likes pie...and it's me. You must remember that i haven't tried this game because there isn't a single ITG machine in maryland...man I hate maryland. All I did was simply look at some of the stepcharts at itgfreak.com. I have to wait for the game to come out on PS2, and even then it won't be the same cause my dance mat isn't metal. My biggest fear about the game is that it'll be too hard. Right now i've only beated 4 of the 10's (i haven't tried paranoia survivor or paranoia survivor max yet). Will there still be songs i can do?
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
IamMe
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably alot of the nine's...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Kyran
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Survivor wrote:
My biggest fear about the game is that it'll be too hard. Right now i've only beated 4 of the 10's (i haven't tried paranoia survivor or paranoia survivor max yet). Will there still be songs i can do?

Of course. There's a lot more 8s and 9s than there are 10s and 11s. Some of the 10s on ITG are less difficult than the Maxes, so you should be able to do a few if you've passed any 10s on DDR. Don't count on passing many 11s till you can pass everything on DDR, though. The good thing about ITG is that it'll help you to beat the hardest songs on DDR sooner than you would otherwise, because the difficulty curve is much more gradual. Quite a few 9s are harder than Cartoon Heroes however (On A Day Like Today for example), so watch out.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Survivor wrote:

Alezay wrote:
pie

someone likes pie...

Hehe Yeah I noticed that too, I was laughing so hard, especially reading "Songs I couldn't pass before I played ITG became pie." ... MMm... yum.. okay sorry, by no means was I trying to be insulting okay? k, back to what I was trying to say...

Sakura Survivor wrote:
Right now i've only beated 4 of the 10's (i haven't tried paranoia survivor or paranoia survivor max yet). Will there still be songs i can do?

Before I played ITG (that would be 2 weeks ago), I was ALMOST exactly at the same situation as you (I passed Bag, Sakura, PS, M300... and then MU about a week or 2 just before the Extreme turned into ITG).

(So, I guess I'm probably be around your level) I remember on my 1st day of ITG, 1st game, I played Kagami (10 ft) with a Cmod, and passed it with around 84% (missing most of the hands), got to low health once in the hands part. So, I'd say, if you can pass 4 of the 10s in DDR (so I'm assuming it's Bag, Sakura, Max300, and MU? since u didn't touch the PSs), you can probably pass at least SOME of the 10s (ie those ~140bpm ones... at least). Uh... don't try Mythology and expect to pass on the first day though (since it certainly requires the same techniques [ie 16th crossovers] you need for the PSs... which you didn't play).

The 180-200bpm 10footers though, require a different technique (ie 16th notes at those speeds hardly ever occur in DDR)... for me I actually find these (180-200bpm) ones even easier in most cases than the ones at ~140bpm. But that's just me. It's obviously different for each person even if we passed the same 4 10footers.

EDIT: I just realized I totally forgot about LOM... ... and, also, you can probably pass a few 11 footers too (like Charlene [but you need to get used to mines first], Xuxa [just 16th streams... no crossover 16ths if I remember correctly], and Utopia [only one hard part... and I guess the forced freeze crossovers if you don't crossover much usually])
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ITG does have covers of Torn and My Favorite Game, as well as some other licensed songs that people might possibly recognize. Redoctane could use that to their advantage when they're working on the box design (Over 70 songs including hits like Torn etc.).
View users profile Send private message
Arctic Wolves
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torn and My Favorite Game are covers?
I think that question would also be asked by many others.
But I'm serious, I've never heard of those songs before; who're the original artists? I really like My Favorite Game.
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Wolves wrote:
Torn and My Favorite Game are covers?
I think that question would also be asked by many others.
But I'm serious, I've never heard of those songs before; who're the original artists? I really like My Favorite Game.
My Favorite Game was originally done by The Cardigans, and was the opening theme to Gran Turismo. Natalie Imbruglia did the original version of Torn that got played out on the radio.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Julie QQQ...?
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrandian wrote:
Sakura Survivor wrote:
My biggest fear about the game is that it'll be too hard. Right now i've only beated 4 of the 10's (i haven't tried paranoia survivor or paranoia survivor max yet). Will there still be songs i can do?

Of course. There's a lot more 8s and 9s than there are 10s and 11s. Some of the 10s on ITG are less difficult than the Maxes, so you should be able to do a few if you've passed any 10s on DDR. Don't count on passing many 11s till you can pass everything on DDR, though. The good thing about ITG is that it'll help you to beat the hardest songs on DDR sooner than you would otherwise, because the difficulty curve is much more gradual. Quite a few 9s are harder than Cartoon Heroes however (On A Day Like Today for example), so watch out.

I totally agree. I've passed 4 of the 10's only (consistently failing on Maxx Unlimited's third-to-last step blink.gif) but if anything, ITG helped me pass 10's consistently and built up my stamina. Songs get ratings of 9 and 10 for different reasons other than normal sprinting stamina (i.e. Disconnected Mobius for backwards freeze crossovers, Anubis for crazy 32nd note runs + hands, etc.) so you become more agile and build up your stamina and reading skills on something other than just whoring out Max 300.

PS - There's really no set progression pattern either; I'm pretty sure my boyfriend passed July (an 11) long before he passed PSMO, so to each his/her own.
RicoSuave
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think The game is kinda Weird ,But Im willing to get into it. I thought DDR was At first . But Now im a DDR Addict!! drool.gif
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I hope i don't have to go back to that phase where I thought i was essentially worthless. This occurred my first time playing DDR up until I could beat Dream a Dream on heavy. I really want to try that Pandemonium song, because it looks like it takes endurance to pass, rather than straight up skill at recognizing patterns of arrows
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Survivor wrote:
Okay. I hope i don't have to go back to that phase where I thought i was essentially worthless. This occurred my first time playing DDR up until I could beat Dream a Dream on heavy. I really want to try that Pandemonium song, because it looks like it takes endurance to pass, rather than straight up skill at recognizing patterns of arrows

it takes both, but stamina is probably more important to have. you need to have some pretty sick stamina to really be able to touch pandemonium expert.
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm essentially f***ed...oh well. Back to The Legend of Max.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: