Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

good??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, if you do every step right in vertex, you can pretty much ignore all but a few mines and not hit any of them. the 250 or so mines in vertex are a gimmick to freak players out, but once you know how the actual steps go, the song is pretty easy to read.

pic

EDIT: and orlando has two ITG machines, as well as several DDR machines, some beatmania, PIU, Drummania, and dancemaniax. Disney doesn't really have any bemani though.

EDIT2: the first time I passed pandemonium it was on the "bad side"...I've actually gotten less greats, less excellents, and more fantastics than a lot of people with 75% on the song, but because of the broken pads I got a lot of misses that weren't mine (hence the max combo of less than a hundred). I can probably rape that score with 80+% now.
View users profile Send private message
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know...i had to play Dancing Stage: Disney Rave *shudder* I live in a small town, so there's no itg for miles i'm guessing
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is ITG 2 going to be released. I'm hoping that i can convince my arcade to buy an arcade unit of it. either that or i'll just have to be content with the ps2 version...which i need to get the first day.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
LvngLrg
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed...great game

is it true that naoki is making songs for ITG2? he's a great artist, but i really hope roxor doesn't whore him out like konami did. i love the idea of only a few remixes of songs (Disconnected has 2 plus the original, Don't promise me has one plus the original). there are quite enough Maxes and PARANOiAs if you ask me.
red shoe paul
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LvngLrg wrote:
is it true that naoki is making songs for ITG2?

never in a million years.
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think you're good at DDR, play ITG once or twice and realize that you suck.

I sure did. biggrin.gif
CFA.BIG LEVO
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically what happens is there are a LOT of ITG fanboys that just say "ITG IS THE BEST GAME EVER BECAUSE IT'S HARD" and don't really have any other reasons and also there are a lot of DDR fanboys that just say "ITG SUCKS DDRDDRDDRDDR." I would compare DDREX-ITG to DDREX-DDRMAX2. It's a new game, it added some cool stuff, and so people are excited. I personally disagree with a few of things said here though. The low level steps are pretty boring and repetitive, and the difficulty ratings are all over the place. I would say ITG is not very noob friendly. As for late syncing, the syncing isn't actually late, it's just that DDR allowed for the actual beat and a little before, and ITG allows for the actual beat and a little bit after. So when you are testing if it is late, you can step late and still get a fantastic, but if you step with the beat you will also. There are still some really badly synced songs (Fly with me and Drifting away come to mind) but DDR had it's fair share also. When it comes to music, on DDR there weren't any songs that I didn't either enjoy playing or enjoy listening to. ITG has dreams of passion, normal, and not worth the paper, all of which are just complete wastes of everything. However, if you really like trance/happy hardcore, you will like roughly 85% of ITG music.

I recommend you play the game, or download the simfiles from www.itgsimfiles.com . If you like DDR you will probably like it.
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levin you liked the following songs: Little Bitch, Crash, Love this Feelin, Lovin You, Ska a Go Go?
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole ITG bashing thing reminds me strongly of alot of people's first opinions of DDR. the "OMG this is frick poopy (yes i meant to say frick poopy) and you look so dumb playing it" argument. I had plenty of friends that said that, and that tends to be the general feel i'm getting from many (notice i said many, *not* all) people that are firmly anti-itg...they haven't played it. I only had 72 AAAs in DDR, but i was already bored of it. I had no desire to play the 10s, and most of the songs that weren't 10s i didn't want to play anymore because it isn't fun trying to go from 3 greats to 0 on the rest of the songs. With ITG, you at least have a more detailed grading system, where instead of having 93% of the dp and then the next grade you can get being 100%, you have 96 to 98, then to 99, and then finally to 100%. The window being smaller also helps because it is making things more challenging, the toughest song that has been 100%ed is an 8 on hard so far. No expert songs yet. Not only is it more challenging to get perfect scores, but as everyone knows, there are plenty of songs to challenge your stamina and foot speed. Most of the DDR 10s are a joke anymore. I get more tired playing Hardcore of the North Expert then i did playing max300, maxX, paranoia survivor, and LoM in a row with very little breaks. If you want more challenge in the accuracy department, go quad star something on hard/expert. If you want more challenge in the stamina, foot speed, survival department, some 11s, 5 12s, and a 13 would like to meet you. Also, from what i've heard of ITG2, Pandemonium is now one of the *easier* 13s. The game has no where to go but up right now if RoXoR plays their cards right.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Vertex Squared is being reported as more difficult then Pandemonium, in my opinion the addition of BloodRush and Summer will better train you and make Pandemonium easier. It's a good stepping stone, just like if Euphoria was the only 12 it would have been much more difficult.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

30. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG in new england has brought back players that were the first to play DDR. take me as an example, i've been playing ddr for 6 years now, and i just lost my interest in DDR about a year ago and liked ITG far more better since it was new and everything...same as most of the players i play with.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

31. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
in my opinion the addition of BloodRush will better train you and make Pandemonium easier. It's a good stepping stone

haha, only if you can cross over worth a damn. I fear fast crossovers with all my soul...Bloodrush is going to bend me over for a long time frown.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CFA.BIG LEVO
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
Levin you liked the following songs: Little Bitch, Crash, Love this Feelin, Lovin You, Ska a Go Go?

Little doggy was right on the borderline of playable (the steps were alright), I liked Love this feelin (and to a point lovin you), and the rest had steps that were interesting. I don't ever want to play not worth the paper or dreams of passion ever. I got NWTP on chance and I was waiting for it to end after about 45 seconds.
Loogaroo
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's necessarily fair to compare Dance Dance Revolution, a series that's been around since 1998, has gone through seven revisions (more if you count Solo and other mixes not counted), and has had the lion's share of the dancing game market for most of that time; with In the Groove, a game that's been out for a whole six months, has had only one release, and is still in the midst of "finding itself". A fair comparison of DDR vs. ITG really can't and shouldn't be made at least until ITG2 comes out this summer, when the series has had a chance to gain some more polish.

As it stands though, I'm liking ITG quite a bit, mainly for one reason. Not only is it more accomodating for expert players - what with songs like Euphoria and Pandemonium that are tailor-made for the otakus of the game - it's also more accomodating for intermediate players such as myself. During the tail end of my DDR-playing period, I got increasingly frustrated at how I couldn't seem to get over the hump on certain songs. Getting 1 or 2 Greats repeatedly on White Lovers or Look to the Sky gets very old after a while. On ITG, though, there's much less pressure about "OMG YOU MUST GET ALL PERFECTS OR ELSE NO AAA FOR YOU". Since the timing on ITG is a bit looser to accomodate for the Fantastic judgement, I can try for FECs and not worry about having to play the song 50,000 times to get it. And even if I don't get it, my percentage score might be higher anyway, so the anxiety level is much lower for me.

On top of that, while the jump from 9-foot to 10-foot songs on DDR is a very big one, the jump from Level 9 to Level 10 songs on ITG is actually quite manageable. You don't really have to be a stamina whore until you get into the Level 12 or some of the Level 11 songs.
CFA.BIG LEVO
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loogaroo wrote:
I don't think it's necessarily fair to compare Dance Dance Revolution, a series that's been around since 1998, has gone through seven revisions (more if you count Solo and other mixes not counted), and has had the lion's share of the dancing game market for most of that time; with In the Groove, a game that's been out for a whole six months, has had only one release, and is still in the midst of "finding itself". A fair comparison of DDR vs. ITG really can't and shouldn't be made at least until ITG2 comes out this summer, when the series has had a chance to gain some more polish.

I'd say it's unfair in the opposite sense. DDREX is 2 years old, and ITG has 2 more years of player feedback to roll off of (as well as the previous 5 from the earlier mixes), not to mention something to beat. DDR not having any competition gave it no direction, so they really had no reason to improve it that much. Besides, stepmania has been out at least 3 years, so it isn't like they just whipped it up out of nowhere. It seems to me that more people (who have played it and actually have a comparitive reference) like it than don't, so it's not like they are some sort of underdog.
runwithscizzors9
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll admit it, when ITG first came out i was one of those people saying, eew stupid ITG, that is such a cheap knock off, but after d/ing some stepfiles, and the theme, and the noteskins, it kinda grew on me, and i somewhat prefer it, i still say i like JEx.'s theme is better, and i still like more songs on DDR, but ITG is still fun for me, and im open to more challenges, but I am still trying to overcome DDR's challenges, so until ITG comes out for PS2, DDR is for me
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some of the music on ITG but they really should make it more diverse. Alot of people don't like the super techno and stuff like that on ITG.

I'm an affiliate for Play-Asia, click on banner for all of your BEMANI needs!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Arctic Wolves
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Techno, Trance, and Happy Hardcore is to ItG, Eurobeat, Speed Rave, and Techno is to DDR. Seriously, the core of dancing games is big beat dance music, and those listed genres have that in spades. It's hard to incorporate other styles into these games; while DDR does have rock and samba and ska, a lot of people also say it's exceptionally strange "dancing" to The least 100sec because it's just not dance music. サナ・モレッテ・ネ・エンテ is great, and works well in DDR I'll admit, but would people get the same amount of enjoyment out of it if a mix was full of that kind of music? It's nice as a novelty, but they need the techno, trance, and happy hardcore.
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hitting mines is pie. It can and has been done with every song. The only two songs with more mines than Iraq would be Infection Expert, and VerTex Expert. ITG is much harder than DDR and on top of that requires precision timing. After passing everything in the game, I went over to DDR. Songs I couldn't pass before I played ITG became pie. It's moslty because ITG has more complex step patterns than DDR. + how many songs in DDR are packed with 16th? I mean, 9 block songs on ITG have 555+ steps. (555 is the number of steps in MAX 300 btw) I personally like ITG more than DDR. I would recommend ITG to anyone who's looking for something outside of DDR. Be warned, don't try to show off on your first play just cause you can pass PSM Heavy. You'd be surprised how u do......

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Wolves wrote:
What Techno, Trance, and Happy Hardcore is to ItG, Eurobeat, Speed Rave, and Techno is to DDR. Seriously, the core of dancing games is big beat dance music, and those listed genres have that in spades. It's hard to incorporate other styles into these games; while DDR does have rock and samba and ska, a lot of people also say it's exceptionally strange "dancing" to The least 100sec because it's just not dance music. サナ・モレッテ・ネ・エンテ is great, and works well in DDR I'll admit, but would people get the same amount of enjoyment out of it if a mix was full of that kind of music? It's nice as a novelty, but they need the techno, trance, and happy hardcore.

I'm talking about in US home version of DDR. Konami adds songs that players will recognize. Right now if ITG came out to home I don't know what they could use on their box as a special artist the game includes. I don't think it will say "Featuring dance hits by E-Rotic, Missing Heart." The average american would just be like "Who the heck r they"?

I'm an affiliate for Play-Asia, click on banner for all of your BEMANI needs!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: