Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

good??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: good?? Reply with quote

Is this game as good as ddr? I've read nasty things about ITG, but I've never played? Whats so different between ITG? I was reading through the ITGfreak forum and it seems like they all like ITG better than DDR, but then on DDRfreak we all like DDR much more.. ITG is like a bad knock off, isn't it? Is it harder or what? Lemme know.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be biased because I play this game often, but I love ITG. I still spend roughly the same amount of time playing DDR. I don't think there's anything cheap about ITG in presentation or gameplay, so I wouldn't consider it a bad knock-off. What the game delivers is a wide variety of step charts to please beginners to expert players.

People who tend to dislike the game say it sucks because it only caters to the hardcore players...well that's not exactly true since the number of level 8 and level 9 songs out numbers the 10+s by quite a bit, so there really is something for everyone. There aren't nearly as many songs in ITG as there are in DDR extreme, but I personally like almost every song in ITG, while DDR is filled with a lot of stuff I'll never touch. I'll happily play about 50 or so of the 70 songs in ITG, just like I'll happily play about 50 or so of the 250 songs on extreme, so the smaller songlist isn't much of a loss.

I guess the best way for you to judge would be to actually play the game in an arcade or buy it when it comes out on PS2 (the ps2 version will have EVERY song from the arcade, plus 4 new ones). Then you'll be able to make an informed decision on your own as to which you enjoy more or less...or if you enjoy them equally.

-Sync
ITGFreak Moderator
View users profile Send private message
GeeForce
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally haven't played it, but I want to, badly. It just seems like a new step for dancing/rhythm games, just as much as IIDX or O2Jam is. The only reason people say it's bad is because they're the type of people who just want to disagree with everyone, just to be unique.

Tassadar wrote:
MinsiKid wrote:
is just a good feeling.

Have you considered heroin?
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItG has a lot of new songs, but there are a lot of stepcharts in my difficult range (7-9) on ItG that I don't really like.

So, overall, it has pros and cons. So I play both, and love 'em both. I think eventually, I'll grow more bored and be more happy with new (and improved) ItG versions, so eventually I think I'll basically stop playing DDR, but until then, I love both the games to death.

But ItG2 is looking mighty good right now... <3
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my personal opinion, ITG is a fantastic game.

It takes a great concept and improves upon it by increasing the level of challenge and offering new modes and features. Although the game is built for all levels, the difference between it and DDR (beyond Aesthetically) really doesn't come until Expert. In essence, ITG has another difficulty beyond Heavy/Challenge.

I also prefer ITG's layout and aesthetics as they seem more beneficial to gameplay.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG looks like a total chiep knockoff of DDR, this sucks now i have to get used to another new dancing game after i was just starting to get good at DDR extreme. At least it will ad new challenges, although i really hope it dosen't take over DDR extreme.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skill between DDREX and ITG is pretty transient, not perfectly so, but it's pretty transient.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated ITG when I started. Absolutely abhorred it. Thought it was a cheap knockoff from the getgo.

Then I actually played it, and fell in love. The songs challenge you stamina-wise since they're longer, the steps make you turn in directions never even thought of in DDR, there are mods that you thought you'd only see in Stepmania, and for the most part, it'll help your DDR skills like Perfect Attack. I still play more DDR since it's more readily accessible to me when I'm at college, but ITG, if you can ignore all the crap about it being a knockoff, is a far superior game in almost every way. All respect to DDR, most definitely. They're the same concept for a game, but in a way, two different games, and that's the way I treat them.

I also agree with everything Sync said, as well.

~ Julie Q
Also an ITGFreak Moderator
cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you think they are done making DDRs? Was DDR Extreme the last DDR? Say it isn't so. I DOn't want ITGs... I like DDR...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cam wrote:
I DOn't want ITGs... I like DDR...

Here's what I think. If you like DDR, chances are you'll like ITG. But the inverse is not necessarily the case.

[RiVAL] Julie Q wrote:
They're the same concept for a game, but in a way, two different games, and that's the way I treat them.

I couldn't agree more. I tell my "non-dancing" friends that they are two different games, but they just always say, "same thing..."... kinda gets me annoyed sometimes.

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
Skill between DDREX and ITG is pretty transient, not perfectly so, but it's pretty transient.

Yeah! Imo, not perfectly transient, because ITG has all the skills needed in DDR, plus more (e.g. hands, avoid mines, various mods, etc.). So you (blink04) shouldn't be afraid you'll have to learn your skills from scratch. I'd say, if you play ITG, you'll get better at DDR faster than if you only play DDR. I can't quite explain it, but it's like ITG gives you inspiration on techniques that is not as easily learned in DDR but is very much applicable to DDR.

EDIT: ITG is synched a bit later than DDR though, so that might be something a bit harder to get used to.
EDIT2: This is coming from a player who only played ITG for a week. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y noT wrote:
EDIT: ITG is synched a bit later than DDR though, so that might be something a bit harder to get used to.
EDIT2: This is coming from a player who only played ITG for a week. E1.gif

for the most part, that is indeed the case. its a shame really, when the syncing has to be a guessing game every time i play a new song. some arent so bad, some are even a touch early, but the majority of them are synched later than songs on ddr. this also comes from two of my friends (S3TO and MIKE from Santee), who, between them share about 1000 AAAs spanning all difficulties on ddr, and several 99+ and SDEs on itg. it seems that the game caters more towards visual speed players rather than audio players like mike and i. seto doesnt have much of a problem adjusting to syncing, but at least for myself, its a struggle to make myself step after when i should be.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not like all the DDR songs were synched well anyways (I'm sure we can all name a dozen). I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that in general all of DDR songs were synched a tad early (i.e. the perfect window is a bit early) so that's why ITG seems late.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nearly all of 3rd mix is early from my experience (3 greats on paranoia rebirth, followed by 20 greats on it just because I decided to play aurally? riiiight). it isn't like, offbeat, as even musicians are required to play on different sides of the beat for different styles (late for Jazz, early for drum corps/marching music), so they aren't really offsync, just different.

I haven't really found a "hyper eurobeat" or "D2R" in ITG yet...it's mostly pretty consistant.
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly With Me is probably the worst in ITG, but it's less bad then D2R on extreme. FWM isn't bad enough that you can't double star it.

There are also no flat out wrong songs like Burning Heat or Bag, the notes are what the author intended for the most part.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Man Reply with quote

I can't find In the Groove at my arcade or any place that has ddr near me. It sounds pretty interesting though. I was searching for In the Groove songs and i found one with a difficulty level of 13. I was wondering how well you guys have done on this song and if you have AAA'd it or whatever the rating system is for this game. I mean come on...848 steps. That's pretty insane. I thought I was good after beating Max 300, and that song has 293 less steps in roughly the same amount of time... and hey i like Burning Heat and Bag
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm pretty sure less than 50 people in the world have passed it. the highest legit score thus far is megamanX with 93.33% (there is no "AAA" in ITG...you just go for 100% which would be similar to all marvelouses in DDR) while most people score between 70% and 80%.

I myself was the first in florida to pass it and the second on the east coast, and my score on my first pass was 72.82%. I don't care to play it anymore to tell you the truth...my hip started giving me problems, so certain step patterns like the ones in delirium and pandemonium give me major problems.

DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy sh*t it actually gave you hip problems...that's pretty intense. oh and congrats on being the first in florida to pass it. Now i have to find an itg machine somewhere near me...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, that song didn't give me hip problems, it's a recurring injury that seems to come around every year or two (last time it bothered me the first time I passed burning heat heavy...it went away and didn't bother me again until over a year later).

and I'm not very good anyway...Matt300 here in florida has over 85% on it, and that's on really crappy pads (aka the pads I was playing on riiight.gif)
KenG>j00
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is that..

Every one who NEVER has played ITG before says "OMG DDR IS BETTER NO ITG OMG IT SUX ONLY 72 SONGS" and blah blah blah.

But once you play it, it'll change your decision about it.

I mean I was getting bored with DDR: The same songs over and over again, and the similar grades over and over again that cannot be improved by that much.

If you noticed, all experienced (and good I guess) players recommend you to play ITG and say that it is a fantastic game, but all n00bs make negative comments about it.

Seriously, can you expect a n00b to pass a song with 898 steps?

I don't think so.

Overall I think that ITG is a game that was made to push your limits. (i.e. 12+13 footers) But after it's been for almost a year and a half (right?) many people were able to pass them and score well on them.

I personally passed all the 12's with 80% or higher, but I still have to pass Pandemonium because that is a different story >.< (My highest on that is still 49.12%)

That's all of what I have to say on this subject.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Got ya Reply with quote

hey i was just in orlando to go to disney world...that place has practically no ddr/rhythmn games. anyway i really want to try this game. Another question, while looking at some of the step charts for some of the harder songs, is that it seems that not hitting any of the mines looks damn near impossible. Is it just me or is it really difficult?

P.S. it looks like you almost died in that picture...hard song i guess. Do you need mostly endurance to beat it or skill with step pattern recognition.

Last edited by DAF on Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: