Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Freak to focus on In the Groove
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffreyw
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danceatron wrote:
The locations are even up to date.

Yeah they couldn't have pulled that off of itgfreak could they have? ponder.gif better yet I think they just pulled out the locations that have itg from their list , then posted it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if this isn't a joke as your all claiming, your saying that you all came together and decided to cator only to the California users (which is the only state with double-digit ITG machine according to the machine locations page) and f*ck everyone else… basically? Piss-poor decision, I must say.
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY FUCK! DJ 8-BALL DIED?
View users profile Send private message
MazriM TaiM
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half the people posting in this thread are hilarious for the sheer cluelessness of their posts. I have a good feeling this wont be last of the ITG stuff E10.gif Other than all those people who are totally obsessed with DDR and won't accept change, I think this is a great thing for the site. Seriously, what real interesting DDR updates has this site had since...EX US? The announcement of a European arcade mix? Wow...ITG is going places, and they want to keep up with it. To those who don't like ITG, either try it before you hate on it, and ask yourself how much you can play Extreme in the arcades before you get bored of it. For many of the older players, that's already happened.
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one wasn't bad. Really, the problem with setting the bar too high is all subsequent attempts at clearing it will probably fail. Not to mention everone will expect it the next year. The last few were legendary, while this one is somewhat more.... practical, but pretty entertaining. Beats Ebaumsworld's, at least.

On a non AFD note, I think adding ITG info to DDRFreak is a good idea, and really can't hurt anything, and if the "powers that be" do decide to bring more ITG influence here, I welcome it.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
I am not Justin Zych
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genom Screams wrote:
So if this isn't a joke as your all claiming, your saying that you all came together and decided to cator only to the California users (which is the only state with double-digit ITG machine according to the machine locations page) and f*ck everyone else… basically? Piss-poor decision, I must say.

You're an idiot.
MazriM TaiM wrote:
Seriously, what real interesting DDR updates has this site had since...EX US?

EX US was not an interesting update.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to those who believe it is not a joke, get with the PROGRAM! It is.

They ALWAYS do this every YEAR!
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: H-Town, TX, USA, Planet Earth, 3rd Rock from the Sun
107. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. DISCRIMINATION, I say!! devil.gif

So you're admitting defeat and catering to the In The Groove players now? Hell, what about the Pump It Up players? What about the Beatmania fans? How about the Pop 'N' Music people? Shout-out to Guitar Freaks/Drummania homies? Can I get a holler for Para Para Paradise? Where's the love for Goo Goo Soundy reps? E15.gif laugh.gif

>.>
<.<

In all seriousness, joke or not, I don't mind sharing this site with ITG, I've grown to like the game, now that I've had a chance to play it at the arcade. And no, DDR is not dead, people. If DDR does die, that will be Konami's decision, not ours. E13.gif

Although it would have been much funnier if J Dogg and the mods had gotten the Konami reps to come on this site and announce something along the lines of, "Due to the current changing market conditions and the reorganization of our company recently, Konami of America regretfully announces that there are no plans to develop any home or arcade versions of Dance Dance Revolution in the USA now or in the near future. We appreciate all of your support with our previous home versions of DDR on Playstation 2 and Xbox. We hope that you will continue to support Konami and our products as we look hopefully toward a brighter and more profitable future. Again, Konami of America thanks you for your support and hopes you will continue to buy our products, blah blah blah corporate blather" E11.gif

THAT would definitely get most everybody riled up here. Of course, then Konami reps would denounce that announcement at the end of the day, saying it was really a joke and they still had plans for DDR in the US. tongue.gif

I doubt they'd agree to that, though. Still, Happy April Fools and all. confused.gif

"It's not God who created humans. It's humans who create God." - Cowboy Bebop Ep. 24 (Brain Scratch)
Atkins is dead. Long live exercise and dance games.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
GdUp4liff
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! MY KINGDOM FOR SOME PARANIOA E2.gif .... **walks away silently**
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jimbojimmy
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! this is frikin retarted! i still like ddr and im sure everyone else who is registered to "www.ddrfreak.com" does too! It's fine to put some stuff about itg on the site w/e, bur dont delete the songlist, stepcharts ect.. of DDR!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Agilab
Contributor
Contributor

110. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not completely sure if I like this or not. Maybe I'm too 'Old School', but I thought it was better the way it used to be. Yeah, adding a forum for ITG, Stepcharts, Info, etc. is cool....but don't change the entire site around.

Wait, does this mean the feet for the rank icons is going to change too! goog.gif

P.S.- Last year's april fools joke was better. E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

111. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is pretty cool, but. Isn't there ITGFreak? Why change now? I know that DDR is slowly dieing, but why take everything that ITGFreak has? IDK.
Trick Member
Trick Member

112. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCB wrote:

BAAAHAHAHAHA
[B&] DumpsterKeeper
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

113. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCB wrote:

hahahahahaha I love you man.
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April Fools?!?!? Nah...

Get up, get out, go surf!
ZOOT
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

115. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiffRaff54
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phat Killa T-Rod wrote:

MazriM TaiM wrote:
Seriously, what real interesting DDR updates has this site had since...EX US?

EX US was not an interesting update.

LOL

i agree
-SuperZero3 Gold-
Trick Member
Trick Member

117. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loving the machine locations thing. Keep those, they are the pimpness.

The stepcharts look like hell though.

And as an aside, wouldn't it be great if DDRFreak allowed listings for all the other music games where the location didn't have DDR. Right now there IS NOT a reliable PIU machine locations place, and I'm sure there's a few Beatmania machines not listed because there's no DDR. I'd mostly just like to see pump. Pumpers really need a reliable machines locations page, and DDR's way of doing locations is very accurate and clean looking.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.

Last edited by -SuperZero3 Gold- on Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

118. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBH wrote:
Bringer of Death wrote:
Travelingpriest wrote:
This doesn't come anywhere close to last year, but then again, last year is a hard act to follow.

Hear, hear.

Thirded, I so wanted to see that happen again frown.gif

omg that was insane last year rofl. laugh.gif Woulda been funny to see it again
Trick Member
Trick Member

119. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAst year i fell for the april fools joke. I am sooooo gulible. i am a sucker lol
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: