Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane Ignition v3.0 (PS/Xbox/PC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34, 35, 36  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverickdebater
Trick Member
Trick Member

580. PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnally got my Ignition 3.0, i can finally pass 8 footer consistently with A's which i'm happy about.
View users profile Send private message
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

581. PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeywithnauzi wrote:
(version? How do you check? I don't see any version info on the pad or on the box)

A 2.0 looks like this:

A 3.0 looks like this:

The visual style of the pad is all that changed.
Oh, and the 3.0 is a lot easier to get a driver for to use the mat with stepmania, other than the 2.0 , which is really hard to find a driver for.
Trick Member
Trick Member

582. PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the 3.0 is a blue box and 3.1 is the red box (it will still say 3.0)
Trick Member
Trick Member

583. PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AceJay ▶◀ wrote:

You mean 2.0 and 3.0
Basic Member
Basic Member

584. PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That figures...it's a 3.0. Oh well...good info here tho'. Thanks!
AceJay
Trick Member
Trick Member

585. PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj_sammylvr03 wrote:
AceJay ▶◀ wrote:

You mean 2.0 and 3.0

No.

2.0 is the DDR-style pad.

3.0 is Blue-box ITG style.

3.1 is not labeled 3.1 but we have been calling them that since different parts are used and it is in a Red/orange ITG style box and supposedly is better than the 3.0's.
Trick Member
Trick Member

586. PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Thanks for the tidbit.
Trick Member
Trick Member

587. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, how would i go about creating a bar for addition to my ignition 3.0? I don't put all my weight on the bar, i usally use one hand, just so i don't get lost on the pad, i tend to move forward when i'm not touching the bar, then i have a hard time hitting the back arrow.
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

588. PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maverickdebater wrote:
Hey, how would i go about creating a bar for addition to my ignition 3.0? I don't put all my weight on the bar, i usally use one hand, just so i don't get lost on the pad, i tend to move forward when i'm not touching the bar, then i have a hard time hitting the back arrow.

Um, er, a bar for a soft pad? I think your best bet would just be to use a chair or something. Soft pads have no room in the back for a bar; they're not built to accomodate one. I can't think of any way of adding an actual bar to a soft pad that doesn't seem like more trouble than it's worth.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

589. PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Katamario wrote:
maverickdebater wrote:

Um, er, a bar for a soft pad? I think your best bet would just be to use a chair or something. Soft pads have no room in the back for a bar; they're not built to accomodate one. I can't think of any way of adding an actual bar to a soft pad that doesn't seem like more trouble than it's worth.

It's true that they aren't built to accomodate one, but you could find a way to get the Ignition stationary, and build something like this and place it behind the pad.

Or you could mod a softpad, and leave room for a bar on the piece of wood.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

590. PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverickdebater wrote:

Actually, I'm in the process of making one. I made a frame that fits over the pad that keeps it from moving. (It's made of wood) I'm not sure what I'll make the bar part out of yet though. I'm thinking PVC pipe.
Trick Member
Trick Member

591. PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PVC pipe is cheaper than the thick iron bars, but they can break easy. It's very easy to fix but it could be annoying if you had to go out and buy the supplies to fix it.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

592. PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the installed the driver that was posted in here for the Ignition to work through the USB connection. The computer still acts like the down arrow isn't there. Everything else will map and register except the down arrow. erm.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

593. PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ripped my 3.0 apart last night riiight.gif riiight.gif

BNS Fusion here I come!
Trick Member
Trick Member

594. PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a 3.0 (or 3.1, according to an above post, since the box it came in is orange and red) for winning a tournament on Saturday.

I tried it out on Stepmania, and it seemed to work fine. The pad WAs a little wrinkled, but I didn't have any trouble with ghost steps. Since pretty much everyone that's had a problem with the pads has had them right out of the gate, am I one of the lucky ones? And if so, how long do you expect that this pad will hold up?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

595. PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir 0rion {DMC} wrote:
Well, I got a 3.0 (or 3.1, according to an above post, since the box it came in is orange and red) for winning a tournament on Saturday.

I tried it out on Stepmania, and it seemed to work fine. The pad WAs a little wrinkled, but I didn't have any trouble with ghost steps. Since pretty much everyone that's had a problem with the pads has had them right out of the gate, am I one of the lucky ones? And if so, how long do you expect that this pad will hold up?

Mine was also a little wrinkled when I first got it. The center and arrows flattened out, but the face buttons did not, and yours probably won't either. It's just because you're not stepping on them much. My pad worked great for PS2 out of the box, but the down arrow has never worked on the computer. I don't know why. Anyway, if it works fine now, the problem you will probably have eventually is the risers breaking out of their places and drifting around under the cover. The only way to move them back is to cut open the pad from the underneath, which I haven't done. This has led to me getting pad errors and sometimes missings the arrows altogether because I step in the center or something. My warranty is still active so I plan to get the pad replaced before it expires.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

596. PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Commodore wrote:
Sir 0rion {DMC} wrote:

Mine was also a little wrinkled when I first got it. The center and arrows flattened out, but the face buttons did not, and yours probably won't either. It's just because you're not stepping on them much. My pad worked great for PS2 out of the box, but the down arrow has never worked on the computer. I don't know why. Anyway, if it works fine now, the problem you will probably have eventually is the risers breaking out of their places and drifting around under the cover. The only way to move them back is to cut open the pad from the underneath, which I haven't done. This has led to me getting pad errors and sometimes missings the arrows altogether because I step in the center or something. My warranty is still active so I plan to get the pad replaced before it expires.

I had the riser problem with my 2.0, not my 3.1.
Mine never flattened out at all. It stayed so wrinkled out of the box.
If your a light player, it should last you a good few years. If you play standard/heavy, then it should last maybe around a year. I didn;t play very often until I got stepmania. I had it for about 2 1/2 years, and I played on it for about 1 of those years. It wasn;t bad. (About 20 minute playing periods every few days)
Trick Member
Trick Member

597. PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
Super Katamario wrote:
maverickdebater wrote:

It's true that they aren't built to accomodate one, but you could find a way to get the Ignition stationary, and build something like this and place it behind the pad.

Or you could mod a softpad, and leave room for a bar on the piece of wood.

What is that white thing under the pad? Its EXACTLY what I need.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
plb
Basic Member
Basic Member

598. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Ignition 3s on Ebay -- Why So Cheap? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to all this, trying to buy a pad or 2 for my girls, age 12 and 9.

I've noticed that there are many RedOctane Ignition 3 pads on Ebay in the $20-$30 range. Why so cheap? Are these good pads?

And, is this issue of "DDR-style" versus "ITG-style" important? Will both styles work with DDR-Extreme on PS2?

Thanks.
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

599. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignition 3s on Ebay -- Why So Cheap? Reply with quote

plb wrote:
Hi, I'm new to all this, trying to buy a pad or 2 for my girls, age 12 and 9.

I've noticed that there are many RedOctane Ignition 3 pads on Ebay in the $20-$30 range. Why so cheap? Are these good pads?

And, is this issue of "DDR-style" versus "ITG-style" important? Will both styles work with DDR-Extreme on PS2?

Thanks.

If your talking about These Pads, they arn't really ignitions. The seller just slapped the Ignition name on here. Otherwise, if your talking about a real ignition, it's because the 3.0's really suck, badly, even more than the 2.0's. I suggust going with a BNS Pad Found Here.

This is a real ignition

Most of the usual "Is this an ignition" questions can be answered in This Thread Here.

Just Remember:

Real Ignition:

Not An Ignition:

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 30 of 36

Jump to: