Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane Ignition v3.0 (PS/Xbox/PC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skillz187
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not really too much of a bother to put the carpet down. Its more of a really big rug than it is a carpet. I can move it easily.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
ghosx
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the USB stuff... will USB 1.0 be slow and will USB 2.0 make a difference because I have an old windows 98 computer
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this pad this Friday! :]

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghosx wrote:
about the USB stuff... will USB 1.0 be slow and will USB 2.0 make a difference because I have an old windows 98 computer

USB 1.0 (or 1.1) vs 2.0 doesn't make a noticeable difference on most things, such as gamepads. I have a gamepad hooked up to my Win98 SE box through USB 1.1, and it's perfectly smooth and responsive. I've also hooked up my dance pad to my computer using an adapter using 1.1, and while the adapter didn't work very well, when it did work there was no delay whatsoever. The difference between 1.1 and 2.0 is way more evident on devices such as printers, music players, and stuff like USB CD burners as you're transferring much more data than with a gamepad. USB 1.1, with its transfer speed of 12 Mbps is more than enough for the Ignition 3.0.

If, for whatever reason, you're still worried about it, upgrading a Windows 98 machine to support USB 2.0 is easy. You can buy an upgrade card that just goes in one of your computer's expansion slots. I recently put USB 2.0 on my system for other reasons (USB printer, flash drive) with this $20 USB 2.0 card and it works great.
View users profile Send private message
dammit jill
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a macintosh. Would this pad work at all for me?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume so, cause it's USB.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS X doesn't need special drivers (or any drivers at all). Go crazy.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad. EBGames put their ROIgnition arrival date till 20th as it'll ship the 19th. =/

I'll be waiting until then!

| Pics | Play-Asia |
skillz187
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to buy this tommorow at EB games. Can anyone give me a few suggestions to increase the life of this pad?
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
impulse617
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy37077829 wrote:

Edit: Nekura, I dont know about your Ignition, but that is a damn nice metal pad you have there.

yeah nekura, what kind of metal pad is that???
ghosx
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if there is ANY flaws with the xbox? if not sure anyone with an xbox should play the hell out of it and see what happens!
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBGames pushed it back until the 22nd to arrive, and 21st ship date.

It'll be at $99.99.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
MES8420
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to play stepmania on these pads. I'm thinking about getting one.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
asakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a 3.0 about 2 weeks ago. its a wonderful pad and it got the job done better then any pad i've ever used (aside from the arcade) however, today i noticed something while playing max 300 on heavy. i can hit an arrow dead on and it will miss/boo/almost. this only happens some of the time. then i tried it with some songs i have AAA'd on light and the same thing occured. i wonder, is the pad broken? can i get it fixed/replaced? has thsi happened to anyone else?
[quote:fdc56e267f="SakeLoverReturns"]nah raping the bar isn't cheating. If you ask me it's asking for it. Being there behind you looking all nice and firm. It's just begging to be grabbed onto. lmfao laugh.gif[/quote]
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes maybe 30 to 60 minutes for it to get to full potential as the pad needs to straighten out as well as the foam because it was packed together and all. It just needs play I suppose.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
asakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've had it for two weeks so thats not it...i just threw some wood on there and it works fine now
[quote:fdc56e267f="SakeLoverReturns"]nah raping the bar isn't cheating. If you ask me it's asking for it. Being there behind you looking all nice and firm. It's just begging to be grabbed onto. lmfao laugh.gif[/quote]
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
tepp
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chilly Cha Cha wrote:

I had the same problem with mine after two months - I then decided I needed to just get a CF because soft pads - even RO Ignitions - can all tear and begin to misfire. Of course, I do recognize that not everyone here can afford a CF - so my advice - if they offer an in-store one-year warranty (EB Games does) for like $10 - get it - even for a RO Ignition.

They do not offer the warantee anymore for the RO Ignition.

I tried to get one last night at Ebgames in Redmond Town Center in Redmond WA. They said too many people were returning them.
runwithscizzors9
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tepp wrote:
They said too many people were returning them.

HAHA biggrin.gif
Lordaiken
Basic Member
Basic Member

38. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: A little Nicer Pad Reply with quote

I got mine at EB a few days ago and like this one a little better.

I don't know if anyone else has notice, but the padding around the raised arrows is thicker. I e-mailed a representative and they confirmed my suspicions. They said a lot of people complained about the plastic pieces tearing the top after prolonged use, which just started happening to mine.

I hooked mine up to the computer for Stepmania and it worked great. It is Plug-n-Play for the computer. You just have to map the joystick in the options setting of Stepmania. You don't need any other packs.

As far as the warranties, I got the $10 one at my EB. I believe that you can buy the warranty regardless if they tell you no. You should call their customer service hotline. I believe that if they sell warranties on other pieces of hardware, they have to be consistent and offer you a warranty for the 3.0. (I have 15+ years of exp. in the retail industry, so take my advice for what it's worth E1.gif

Overall a good pad. Worth the 99 bucks. Now...on to AAA'ing The Legend of Max. E1.gif

Coming May 2005
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad. I went to the EBGames downtown and they only had 2.0s out in front. They were too busy and I couldn't ask them if they had the 3.0. I think I'm going to get it this weekend, as ITG will be out soon.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36

Jump to: