Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Limit? No, I haven't!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gggasped
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Limit? No, I haven't! Reply with quote

I don't know quite where to put this, or whether it is of any significance, but I figure I'll mention it here.

When I tried to create a thread the other day, it told me "Sorry, you have reached the new post limit for the past 24 hours, please come back and reply again later." when I knew for a fact I hadn't posted anything at all earlier in the day, or the previous day. I am aware that the limit is one thread per day... but it took two days for this message to go away. This is an inconvenient glitch, and maybe someone should look into it.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only guess is that it may have to do with your timezone settings. Maybe one of the devs has a better answer.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. It has nothing to do with the client side time, solely the server side time.

gggasped:
You don't have a two day gap in your posting history. Exaggerations at this point are exceedingly unhelpful.

When exactly (or at least as close as possible) did this message occur, and when did you notice that you could post again?

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
gggasped
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's see. First of all, I'm sorry if I exaggerated, those weren't my intentions. Here's what happened. I joined on the 13th. I created a thread the morning after, on the 14th. I haven't yet reached the ten post limit, or had any trouble posting per se, so I'll just focus on threads. I tried to create a second thread on the 15th, but it wouldn't let me. I could still post (which, you are right Jason, I realize I did once that day), just not make threads. Whenever I tried to, it kept showing me that message. It finally opened up at 8 in the morning on the 16th, at which point I made a thread immediately. You can check my post history to verify all this. Keep in mind it's the threads I'm talking about.

So, to clarify: 8:27 thread on the 14th. Then 8:04 thread on the 16th. I was blocked on the 15th from creating one.

If no one else has had this problem, I suppose it isn't that big of a deal. It only happened once to me, and maybe I misunderstand the rules xP (for Beginners... 1 thread, 10 posts, each day, yea?). But I thought you ought to know. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
gggasped
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I am in Pacific time zone. GMT minus 8
In case you couldn't figure that out.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: