Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ebay 3rd Party Ignition pads

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Ebay 3rd Party Ignition pads Reply with quote

Does anyone know how pads like these and the ones found on ebay work? These are not the same as BNS or Level Six Ignition pads, don't get confused. They are very cheap and look tempting.
AznCaraboo
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those [bought from EBay]. Within 1.5 months, one of the arrows was non-responsive at times [and I would consider that defective]. However I play heavily [9-10 footers mostly] almost everyday.

I would consider something else from EBay - perhaps Hydragames [similar/same as to Vortz]. From my experience with Vortz, that lasted me at at least 5-6 months till one of the arrows were non-responsive. But I cannot guaranette that these pads are the same.

=>Azncaraboo
View users profile Send private message
wathomas777
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on your expectations.

I got mine from innex inc. for 24.99 for two, plus the $27.00 for shipping and handling brought the price to just over $25.00 per pad.

I just got them tonight, and there is some arrow non-responsiveness, the raised arrows make almost every song easier, but also makes it easier to note when the pad isn't responding. The pad's require more pressure than a typical "thin" pad. As a result, you find that you need to lift your foot a little higher and then press down a little more but then again, I may need to break them in.

The pad material seems well made and sturdy, and the foam insert is in three peices and goes together like a jigsaw puzzle., and I don't think it's the same foam as red octane, but you can proabaly use red octane foam in you really want to.

Yes, I do notice some missed steps even now, but at the same time, it's not consistent. Mostly when your doing repetative steps on the same arrow. I can't really complain for $26.00 a pop, because they are much nicer than the paper thin soft pads, but if you are looking to AAA songs, you probably should go with a metal pad. If you are simply looking to do "better" on most of your songs, you will definitely improve, but the phantom arrows or missed steps which seem prevalent in all soft pads keep you from AAA a lot of songs. If perfection is what you seek, go with a $300 cobalt flux. If you just want to overall be better, these are fine.

And I here some of the mods out there (such as the chair pad mod) actually helps preserver and or resurect some ignition style pads.

Just for the record, the improvement on these pads, have made me swear off non-ignition pads for good. The raised buttons are worth their weight in gold.
View users profile Send private message
Ghettoman-DDR
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please go to this link and find out why you shouldn't buy off of ebay

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99306&start=20

Power isn't everything for a console, added Miyamoto, "Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction."
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a cobalt flux, I'm just looking for something to play SM with. I'll probably go with the level 6 pad after reading these testimonies. Thanks a bunch.
Emorgasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What prevents you from playing SM with your flux?
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer is on the top level of my house, my TV and games in the basement. My parents are afraid of the floor getting hurt and stuff, plus I can not find an adaptor anywhere that works with the cobalt flux V2 control box and mac OSX. Dont give me a link, it probably does not work. The foam pads don't make as much noise upstairs, and it's easy to find a converter for them.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: