Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

TX-5000+ Metal Pad
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: TX-5000+ Metal Pad Reply with quote

TX-5000+ Metal Pad: Product Link N/A

MSRP: N/A ($255 on eBay)

Product Description:

This is a 3rd party pad sold on eBay and other small Internet shops. Arcade Box is listed as the manufacturer, but they have no Internet presence, so I'm taking the specs/details from one of the random sellers on eBay:

Game Soft, Inc. is proud to be able to carry this EXTREMELY RARE & HIGH QUALITY item. You asked for it and we listened! The newest technology for all Dance Dance Revolution fans! This item comes in ONE PIECE FULLY ASSEMBLED. NO ARROW PANELS or SCREWS to remove or replace! 10 times better than other DDR metal pad versions!

With this beautifully designed and well engineered DDR Dance Pad there is little to no maintenance required. You will not have to replace the arrows nor can you remove anything. It is also extremely safe to use with NO PROTRUDING SCREWS and NO ROUGH EDGES. You will definitely be shocked at how smooth and sensitive the whole touch pad surface is. These are definitely much saferthan even the DDR Metal pads in the arcade and any other brand metal pad you will ever buy.

The fully 8 button 1 Piece FULLY FLAT & SMOOTH arrow panel is incredibly sensitive to the touch. Never miss your arrow presses again with this incredible piece of hardware! We were surprised to arrow presses register so quickly and accurately with each press of the button. Who would have thought DDR couldn't get any better?????!!!! You must try it to believe it! The best DDR pad ever created and the quality is superb!

It will help complete your Dance Dance Revolution experience from the arcade to your home with ease. Now you can improve your skills in the comfort of your own home and show them off when you step into the arcade. Competitors/spectators will be amazed at your skill level after practicing on one of these!

With this package you are all setup to experience an even more comfortable Dance Dance Revolution style of gameplay at home with these uniquely designed pads!

Minimal setup & plug in the Dance Dance Revolution Dance pads and start!

The closest you can get to the real arcade Dance Dance Revolution. Don't settle for less when practicing your moves on DDR. Makes very little noise when playing. Solid and sensitive arrows gives you excellent response and great gameplay.

Features:

• An industry first 12 mm wooden base combined with stainless steel frame
• An industry first one piece smoothed stainless steel frame & touch sensitive arrows
• You can setup this device easily on the carpet or the floor!
• Preassembled and easy to setup! Remove from box, connect control box & go!
• Entire metal platform is made of stainless steel with a wood base & very durable!
• The TX-5000 new fully smoothed stainless steel panel can handle weight up to 300lbs.
• Includes newly modified handle bar for more support!
• The total weight is about 75lbs (per pad) and will be well packaged for shipment.
• Platform measures 33" inches X 37" inches (3 inches in height)
• Dance Dance Revolution Pad double boxed with foam padding to ensure safe delivery
• Recommended footwear: Athletic/Tennis shoes or bare feet

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been saving up for a CF eventually, but I must say, that thing looks really really snazzy.

Is anyone willing to try one before I buy? =)
Staff Member
Staff Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shufflefield wrote:

No thanks. Seeing "TX-anynumber" frightens me. I'll stick with my 19 month old CF.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It LOOKS nice but I bet it's a piece of crap.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsunami Forever wrote:

Same here. TX-[insert number here] = crap.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, if its one piece then you can't feel the arrows, but you could play barefoot
BAG=A (BAG AA with 1.5 speed mod)
SAKURA=A
Paranoia Survivor=C
Paranoia Survivor MAX=D
The Legend of Max=C
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, i have been lookin at these since they appeared on the net. Im very curious as to how they work/constructed. When you step on one arrow, wouldnt it activate a near by arrow? Hmmm how are the buttons separated? Anyway if this costs 255, then y not just save for the extra 50 bucks and get a CF? Is it kuz you want a bar? Kuz if you want a bar then you might as well use the back of your couch and save yourself some money..... if your like me and are to cheap to build/buy a bar. Anyway that is just my little rant for the day.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
cranium
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: TX-5000 problem Reply with quote

The TX-3000 is being advertised to weigh 60 lbs per pad. The TX-5000 is being advertised to weigh 75 lbs per pad.

I bought 2 TX-3000's and when I tracked them on UPS it said that the total weight was <50 lbs. So either I was getting only one pad or there was something else amiss.

When I emailed them about this discrepancy they stated:
Quote:
Richard,

Two (2) TX-3000 pads are indeed being shipped to your designated address. After checking the weight of DDR TX-3000 Dance pads the shipping weight will have to be edited in our listings.

In either case our shipping/handling charges remain the same due to the time it takes to get each package ready for shipment.

Game Soft Team

So the TX-3000 pads are actually less than 25 lbs instead of 60 lbs. Therefore the TX-5000 pads would be less than their stated 75 lbs per pad as well (unless the bar weighs 50 lbs E13.gif).

I checked their current listings today and all of them still have the inaccurate weight.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_mastor1 wrote:
Im very curious as to how they work/constructed. When you step on one arrow, wouldnt it activate a near by arrow? Hmmm how are the buttons separated?

That's a good point, but it would enable you to do corner jumps with one foot laugh.gif

Whoever builds these things makes me wonder, are they just trying to decieve ignorant players, then hope they won't complain about it? You would think if they come out with a new version they'd HAVE to make it not suck, or people will start figuring out that they're a bunch of con artists. The thing is beautiful though, that bar is just awesome.
devillion
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to bash a pad i've never played, but if this pad is anything like the other tx-es...god help anyone who buys one. E10.gif

Actually though, it looks like they are trying to respond to complaints. The bar is reinforced, in response to complaints from people who said it was useless in the old versions, the pad is one piece because the old arrow covers used to break all the time, and the one piece construction should help make fixing it eaiser.

=\
View users profile Send private message
Quad
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shufflefield wrote:
I have been saving up for a CF eventually, but I must say, that thing looks really really snazzy.

Maybe someone could message someone from eBay who has bought one of these pads (like looking through the sellers feedback) or just look at the feedback the people leave for them. It really does look like a nice pad but looks CAN be deceiving when it comes to DDR pads...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check feedback when I get home. I am also eager to see how Cranium makes out. Probably still going to go for a Flux though...
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shufflefield wrote:
I will check feedback when I get home. I am also eager to see how Cranium makes out. Probably still going to go for a Flux though...

After I found out that the TX-3000 pad weigh <50 lbs combined instead of the advertised 120 lbs I told the guy I wanted my money back and that I was going to refuse shipping.

The guy (after some discussion) agreed to refund my purchase price and 1/2 of shipping. I hope he comes through.

So now I've ordered to RO metal pads which should be in by Friday. I went with RO instead of Flux because I play on an Xbox.
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cranium wrote:
Shufflefield wrote:

After I found out that the TX-3000 pad weigh <50 lbs combined instead of the advertised 120 lbs I told the guy I wanted my money back and that I was going to refuse shipping.

The guy (after some discussion) agreed to refund my purchase price and 1/2 of shipping. I hope he comes through.

So now I've ordered to RO metal pads which should be in by Friday. I went with RO instead of Flux because I play on an Xbox.

I play on both so I was hoping this pad didn't totally blow. There are a few good adapters for the CF on an Xbox though, so I will prolly go that route. I have just heard too many good things about the CF.

I did check the feedback on this guy, and most of it is positive, but only 2 of the ones I looked at were regarding this paticular pad. And they had 0 comment on the pad itself, mostly just "super fast shipping, A+++ ebayer" blah blah blah.

I am going to keep trolling though. =)
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skullman7 wrote:
Tsunami Forever wrote:

Same here. TX-[insert number here] = crap.

hmmm i see two other problems with this device..

1. No product link..so if it breaks you,ve just wasted $225.

2. on ebay and I know that it is not in factory shape..

Thanks but nope...

Power isn't everything for a console, added Miyamoto, "Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction."
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Foxy Grandpa
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, the way people talk about this pad you would think its absolutely terrible. I think i'll save my money for a CF laugh.gif . Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get one once you order?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
cranium
Basic Member
Basic Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghettoman-DDR wrote:

hmmm i see two other problems with this device..

1. No product link..so if it breaks you,ve just wasted $225.

2. on ebay and I know that it is not in factory shape..

Thanks but nope...

On point #1, I agree. I had several questions that I posed before I bid on the auction. All of them were adequately answered except for the one about a warranty and readily available parts for repair which was not answered.

On point #2, I totally disagree. The company is having these pads drop shipped from a warehouse. Therefore, they are brand new in factory shape.
DDR_mastor1
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone got one of these yet? arg i really want to know if they are good. Im still not going to buy one, lol, but im still curious. I want to know if they can handle ITG.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DDR Seth
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_mastor1 wrote:
has anyone got one of these yet? arg i really want to know if they are good. Im still not going to buy one, lol, but im still curious. I want to know if they can handle ITG.

Dude, I've seriously not read a single POSITIVE comment on these pads so dont waste your money. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody's got the gall to buy one, so as far as the thread is going, it's all theoretical bias.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: